Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

survive9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but I do not have this bug.
What sound frequency are you using?
If it's 32khz, try switching to 48khz.
I don't have access to my 3ds currently, but like that other guy I didn't know the menu extended like that. I'll try 48 khz out when I can.

newbie114

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I am getting a white screen when booting up the Menu itself, any ideas? Tried waiting to see if it was just taking a while, reinstalling etc. but got nothing. Edit: Welp, tried another SD card (the original 2gb one) and it worked. Still would prefer to not swap out cards cause that's bound to cause some issues in the system. The one that did not work was a 8 gb microSD with an adapter btw, and I would stillappreciate if anyone has any idea how to make it work on the bigger SD.

Last edited by newbie114,

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested Golden Sun Dark Dawn JP and US roms AP and non ap with both bootstraps. Still black screen.

Pokemon Diamond Debug with forced DSI mode still makes the sound distorted.

fredito1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi guys, i really love the job done here, i must say thank you for the efforts, but recentrly i have a question, does exist an 3dsx version for usage with rosalina? I'm quite outdated about the scene but i searched a lot with no luck, thanks for the answers.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i really love the job done here, i must say thank you for the efforts, but recentrly i have a question, does exist an 3dsx version for usage with rosalina? I'm quite outdated about the scene but i searched a lot with no luck, thanks for the answers.
DSiWare apps cannot be made as 3DSX, so nope.
There is a 3DSX version of the updater though.

Reactions: fredito1212

Zaiphon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not really, it was a freshly new h2w tested Sd card, of course I did it myself, but if U had put a warning "this may kill off ur sd", i wouldn't fucking tried the app.
I just used the Updater App and my SD is still working fine, all my games work, my TWL Works. I guess you got a fake or a bad SD or just trash talk.

I use a SanDisk SD 64GB

Reactions: RocketRobz

lem0n_

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone, first time poster here.
Im following this wonderful program quite a while and heard about widescreen resolutions for DS games.
I checked the github and saw a few games currently supported by the Menu. So i went to update everything via the Updater.
I read through the last 4 pages of this thread to see if anyone already awnsered that question, and i was getting confused.
I checked the setting in the Menu for the Screen Aspect Ratio and tried playing Mario Kart DS. But the screen is like it normally is.
Is there anything i missed or is this feature just implemented in advance and we are waiting for something else to created like the stuff from Sono which i cant get behind it tbh.
Thank you very much.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, first time poster here.
Im following this wonderful program quite a while and heard about widescreen resolutions for DS games.
I checked the github and saw a few games currently supported by the Menu. So i went to update everything via the Updater.
I read through the last 4 pages of this thread to see if anyone already awnsered that question, and i was getting confused.
I checked the setting in the Menu for the Screen Aspect Ratio and tried playing Mario Kart DS. But the screen is like it normally is.
Is there anything i missed or is this feature just implemented in advance and we are waiting for something else to created like the stuff from Sono which i cant get behind it tbh.
Thank you very much.
We're waiting for the 2nd release of Sono's TWLPatcher to be out, and once it's out, you can use that to make the widescreen TwlBg for TWLMenu++.

Reactions: lem0n_

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How do I start snes roms from the snemulds emulator? I created the ramdisk snes.img but I do not know what steps to take more. I'm sorry if it sounds so noob.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I start snes roms from the snemulds emulator? I created the ramdisk snes.img but I do not know what steps to take more. I'm sorry if it sounds so noob.
You just launch the SNES ROM using the TWLMenu++ UI. No RAM disk is needed. nds-bootstrap will create one in RAM, for your session.

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You just launch the SNES ROM using the TWLMenu++ UI. No RAM disk is needed. nds-bootstrap will create one in RAM, for your session.
Ok now when I start the rom (snes), the snemulds menu and various settings appear, but the game does not load and in one corner of the screen puts a "76-77%". Do I have to adjust anything? In which folder should I put the roms? I've put them in "snes" that I've created in my sd.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now when I start the rom (snes), the snemulds menu and various settings appear, but the game does not load and in one corner of the screen puts a "76-77%". Do I have to adjust anything? In which folder should I put the roms? I've put them in "snes" that I've created in my sd.
Not all SNES ROMs work.

Reactions: Alexander1970

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After giving it a shot, I made this work. Pretty impressive stuff!

I have three questions, however.

1) Does the language option work? Tried changing the language from system to French, but nothing happened upon opening the games.

2) The games seems rather blurry for some reason. Is this normal? If not, any can I can make them pixel perfect?

3) Can you choose another game once you've picked it, or do you literally have to close the software pressing Home and reopen the app? (Seems like L+R+Down+B for two seconds might do the trick. Will give it a shot later.)

Last edited by YukidaruPunch,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After giving it a shot, I made this work. Pretty impressive stuff!

I have three questions, however.

1) Does the language option work? Tried changing the language from system to French, but nothing happened upon opening the games.

2) The games seems rather blurry for some reason. Is this normal? If not, any can I can make them pixel perfect?

3) Can you choose another game once you've picked it, or do you literally have to close the software pressing Home and reopen the app?
1) Are the ROMs Europe? If so, make sure you're on the latest version of TWLMenu++ (v9.0.2).
2) When launching TWLMenu++, hold START or SELECT before the two white screens appear. The screens will be smaller though, as there is no way to make them pixel perfect in 320x240.
3) To go back into TWLMenu++, hold L+R+DOWN+B for 2 seconds. There's a low chance of it not working though.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) Are the ROMs Europe? If so, make sure you're on the latest version of TWLMenu++ (v9.0.2).
2) When launching TWLMenu++, hold START or SELECT before the two white screens appear. The screens will be smaller though, as there is no way to make them pixel perfect in 320x240.
3) To go back into TWLMenu++, hold L+R+DOWN+B for 2 seconds. There's a low chance of it not working though.
Thank you! This solved most of the issues I had. I'm now looking into adding cheats to some games so I can bypass the AP measure. Already researched into where to put them.

I've a question, though: is the Acekard theme still the only one where you can choose whether to enable or disable cheats? I'm wondering not, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. I got this error many times with many of my Roms using that specific theme; after I changed it back to the DSi theme, it stopped happening. Same roms and all.

Attachments

• IMG_20190807_231245.jpg
    IMG_20190807_231245.jpg
    670.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited by YukidaruPunch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -deleted-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop ctrl cing me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, here ctrl-Z
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ctrl u 2 u
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, that turned my tv channel, you got powers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The fbi will be knocking on your door soon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They all went mad after looking at my browser history
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Why, cause beastiality is not legal in Florida yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, they rewrote the constitution when they saw your browser history
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Psionic Roshambo, they rewrote the constitution when they saw your browser history