Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Rasheed_videos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest bootstrap and twilight loader but I keep getting this screen when I try to play Mario's holiday

Attachments

• JPEG_20190703_022025.jpg
    JPEG_20190703_022025.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 171

Drkiuzbelmont29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:nayps3::shit:Ok now I updated the boostrap but now I can only play the game that was previously played but when I try to go to the main menu it gives me a white screen.I can hear clicks when I press right or left and when I press A while choosing left it gets me back to config mode,if I press right and a it just keep making the ds sound but its all white,the only screen that shows is the original DS screen before selecting games.

Last edited by Drkiuzbelmont29,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The big problem is modern society wants everything for free and they want it with minimum effort and they want it immediately.the previous generation were pretty shoddy parents all around in surprisingly many cases, then proceed to blame their own inadequacies on their children.
Meh, feel free to go back to your old Speccy if you like. I prefer to take advantage of modern technology, even for old games. (Hence my preference for OpenXcomExtended over the original executable, ScummVM over DOSBox, Chrono Trigger DS (and other remakes like the Master Chief Collection), and using emulators with speedup functions to skip the tape loading portion of those kinds of games)

Black 2 and White 2 taking 16 seconds on bootup indicates a bottleneck somewhere. It is a legitimate issue report. I have that game on cartridge and it doesn't take that long - not on DS, DSi, or 3DS' TWL_FIRM. An SD Card with faster !/O should be even faster. Sure, the system might well have to do more work due to the hacky nature of this loader, but the faster I/O should offset that at least partly. The problem with old fogeys is that they assume the younger generation "take things for granted" when they themselves enjoy the same progression of technology and throw a fit at the slightest inconvenience. And you're probably not that much older than me: I remember my family's old Amiga, after all. It got outmoded by fancy stuff like the Master System.

I remember when this loader was a proof of concept, and barely did anything. I tried it out, then went and got a flashcart. Still use it. I personally think the developers of this have enough pride in their work to want to know that a Pokémon game - a pretty big deal - doesn't quite work right. After all, they've worked at this for this long rather than just telling people to buy flashcarts. (man, this is gonna stoke a flamewar, isn't it? Mods feel free to kibosh everything if you see fit)

Last edited by N7Kopper,

kragzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how do unhide games in twilight menu, i hid a ds game accidently and cant now get it to come back, thanks

nevermind, just put the rom back on sd, seems hiding deletes it

Last edited by kragzy,

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://i.imgur.com/ri1g4dQ.jpg

Loading up Golden Sun Dark Dawn JPN version AP Patched throws this error message

Also wanted to include something with Pokemon Diamond Debug Version using the latest release. Seems like when forcing it in DSI Mode causes the sound to glitch out and not play correctly. Selecting DSI Mode, doesn't have this issue.

Last edited by Sheimi,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, as in after the bootlogo from a clean dsi, you search the system menu to find Twilight menu as a dsiware title.
So SysNAND then.
Nope, there is no way of doing that. Plus, TWLMenu++ won't run in official launcher without patches to the launcher, like what Unlaunch and/or HiyaCFW does.

Hephaestus

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I am using the latest version of Twilightmenu++ with a R4i Gold 3DS Plus in my DSi XL.

I was wondering if it were possible for TLM toi read the games on my Flashcart and then display them on its own menu?

wardoge26

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi i recently updated my TWL, but my dsiwares are missing in the dsiware folder. The launcher still uses the launcharggen right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...