Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went back, and tried the recommendation.

Took out all my NDS games from their separate folders and put them into one, on the same level as Root Directory.
I then re-downloaded the PNG GameTDB-ds_box-US-2019-07-03.ZIP file, unzipped and pasted all the PNG files into ROOT\_nds\TWiLightMenu\boxart folder.

Started up TWiLightMenu, no problems there, but still the same Red Screen error on the Top Screen.
Admittedly, I did not rename any of the 1000+ PNG files and the names of my NDS files are in the format that come as usual - GameNumber_Title_APKFixIfAny.NDS
The application can still be closed and I can still get back to my main 3DS menu just fine, so it seems to me that the whole problem is with the PNG boxart.

If there's something that I did wrong, I would appreciate the clarification.
Thank you again.

what I did was used the twilight++ updater just for box art. everything else I'd rather do manually. if you're also using a ds or something, copy and paste the box art from the 3ds into the twilight boxart folder on the slot-1 micro sd card.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I went back, and tried the recommendation.

Took out all my NDS games from their separate folders and put them into one, on the same level as Root Directory.
I then re-downloaded the PNG GameTDB-ds_box-US-2019-07-03.ZIP file, unzipped and pasted all the PNG files into ROOT\_nds\TWiLightMenu\boxart folder.

Started up TWiLightMenu, no problems there, but still the same Red Screen error on the Top Screen.
Admittedly, I did not rename any of the 1000+ PNG files and the names of my NDS files are in the format that come as usual - GameNumber_Title_APKFixIfAny.NDS
The application can still be closed and I can still get back to my main 3DS menu just fine, so it seems to me that the whole problem is with the PNG boxart.

If there's something that I did wrong, I would appreciate the clarification.
Thank you again.

Hello.:)

That is really hard to tell what causes the Red Screen.On the earlier Releases of TWiLight we had this on CHEAT selection for example or on SNES/Genesis emulation,but with the later Builds 8.5.0 and the latest 8.5.1 they are nearly gone.

What you can try is a different THEME (the DSi seems the stablest one but also the ACEKARD for me).:)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Hello.:)
That is really hard to tell what causes the Red Screen.On the earlier Releases of TWiLight we had this on CHEAT selection for example or on SNES/Genesis emulation,but with the later Builds 8.5.0 and the latest 8.5.1 they are nearly gone.
What you can try is a different THEME (the DSi seems the stablest one but also the ACEKARD for me).:)

Thank you for that insight - at least it tells me that I should be looking into alternatives to copy-pasting Boxart PNG.

what I did was used the twilight++ updater just for box art. everything else I'd rather do manually. if you're also using a ds or something, copy and paste the box art from the 3ds into the twilight boxart folder on the slot-1 micro sd card.

I wouldn't have know about Twilight++ Updater without this, so thank you for that.
I did install the latest CIA and used it to download the PNG Boxart for all my NDS titles and they now are all showing.

Thank you both for all the help.

Reactions: Alexander1970

qwertymo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a problem where i can't acces the menu of nesDS when I am using it in twlmenu++. I don't know if it's not there for dsi or if it's just me so can anybody confirm this?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem where i can't acces the menu of nesDS when I am using it in twlmenu++. I don't know if it's not there for dsi or if it's just me so can anybody confirm this?
To access the menu, touch the bottom screen.
If it's not working, what is Unlaunch starting on boot? HiyaCFW or TWLMenu++?

qwertymo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To access the menu, touch the bottom screen.
If it's not working, what is Unlaunch starting on boot? HiyaCFW or TWLMenu++?
I already tried touching the screen and it's booting twilightmenu++ and in the menu where the no buuton thing is there is sdmc:/boot.nds.
Thanks in advance!

Falco_DJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know why gbarunner2 hangs on a white screen? (btw There is no text, only a black square in the top left corner)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 How i put dsiware games in twlmenu?
If you have CIAs of them, trim the first 0x3900 bytes off the file, then save as a .nds file.
You then launch it using TWLMenu++.
If you're using a 3DS console, then it'll not work.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

FuntimeHunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I
If you have CIAs of them, trim the first 0x3900 bytes off the file, then save as a .nds file.
You then launch it using TWLMenu++.
If you're using a 3DS console, then it'll not work.
I don't have the Cia , I downloaded cave history.zip And extracted files

FuntimeHunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190705-205419.png
    Screenshot_20190705-205419.png
    399.2 KB · Views: 135

Site & Scene News