Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be doing something wrong. I followed all of the instructions on the dsi guide site and I cannot play GBA games. I installed TwilightMenu as the instructions described, and I put the GBA rom in the ROM folder. I also have the bios.bin on the root of my SD card. But when I go to the GBA folder on Twilight Menu, my GBA rom does not show up. Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong? Game Boy games show up just fine under GB so I am not sure what I could be doing wrong. And no the ROM is not in .zip format. It's a .gba. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Krustenkäse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone. I just installed Twilight Menu, and whenever i try to start my ROM (DQM , tested in Desmume) doesnt start and throws me into a white screen.
I also followed the guide to repair TWL-Fix. But still white-screen.
Any ideas?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be doing something wrong. I followed all of the instructions on the dsi guide site and I cannot play GBA games. I installed TwilightMenu as the instructions described, and I put the GBA rom in the ROM folder. I also have the bios.bin on the root of my SD card. But when I go to the GBA folder on Twilight Menu, my GBA rom does not show up. Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong? Game Boy games show up just fine under GB so I am not sure what I could be doing wrong. And no the ROM is not in .zip format. It's a .gba. Thanks in advance for any help! :)
You have to launch GBARunner2.
Hello everyone. I just installed Twilight Menu, and whenever i try to start my ROM (DQM , tested in Desmume) doesnt start and throws me into a white screen.
I also followed the guide to repair TWL-Fix. But still white-screen.
Any ideas?
Try AP-patching it.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh OK, thank you. Just wondering, is there any reason that GBA emulators have to be ran differently than the GB/Genesis/etc ones?
GBARunner2 doesn't have ARGV support.
Also do I need to install something like arm7 or dldi or whatever it's called for the best possible GBA emulation?
No. That's already loaded on-the-fly by nds-bootstrap.

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thank you! And there is no way to get back to the GBARunner menu once a game is loaded, right?

Is GBARunner using some of the GBA hardware that is actually inside the DS? Kind of like how the Ambassador GBA games on the 3ds worked? Or is it 100% emulation?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and how's the compatibility with running DS games from the SD card? I would love to completely get rid of my battery-draining DSTwo flash cart!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thank you! And there is no way to get back to the GBARunner menu once a game is loaded, right?

Is GBARunner using some of the GBA hardware that is actually inside the DS? Kind of like how the Ambassador GBA games on the 3ds worked? Or is it 100% emulation?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and how's the compatibility with running DS games from the SD card? I would love to completely get rid of my battery-draining DSTwo flash cart!

that's actually what I did. I installed twilight menu on the 3ds sd card with all roms, since I was using the dstwo. I now have twilight menu also installed to the dstwo for use with my nds. aside from a couple bugs like exiting out of a gameboy game, it works very well.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. It'll be fixed in a future version.
GBARunner2 is a GBA hypervisor, kinda like Nintendon't.
Almost all games work.
A few known games such as Pokemon Dash and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn do not work.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Hammyface

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happens with golden sun? I did test the game (very briefly) to see if my save worked, which it did. my worry though is a game crashing randomly.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to write again, but does nobody have an idea?:(
Look for AP-patches in my AP-patch thread.
what happens with golden sun? I did test the game (very briefly) to see if my save worked, which it did. my worry though is a game crashing randomly.
"Golden Sun: Dark Dawn" black screens when you launch it.

Krustenkäse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Look for AP-patches in my AP-patch thread.

"Golden Sun: Dark Dawn" black screens when you launch it.

As i said, the game doesnt have any AP measures.
But nonetheless i checked the O-Drive , and theres nothing for 2109 - Dragon Quest Monsters Joker.

Any other ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: that is fucking scary