Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from 7.3 to 8.4 today. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground is now a "hold L to launch" game. I tried a number of builds and it looks like it last launched on 7.4.1 without holding L if that helps.
Please provide the TID of this game, so I can implement it, in order for it to work without holding L.

Reactions: costlyclick

PokemonTotalWar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, TWiLight Menu++ does save to the "saves" folder.
You just need to remake your forwarders, so that they read the new "saves" folder.
Thanks, that did it. Question -- it's not normal that when soft resetting I have about a 50/50 chance of getting stuck at a white screen, is it? I run my hands in TWL mode and that's pretty much the only change to the ini that I make.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that did it. Question -- it's not normal that when soft resetting I have about a 50/50 chance of getting stuck at a white screen, is it? I run my hands in TWL mode and that's pretty much the only change to the ini that I make.
Yes, it's not normal.
I never get any white screen issues when I do the soft-reset button combo.

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've a strange and funny problem at the same time (lol) with Mario & Luigi Bowser Inside Story
I've the rom eur with the patched ap and everything works fine, I can save without problems. But when the first battle with Bowser ends, in the scene where Peach catches him with a rare heart-shaped thing and throws him out of the castle, the game freezes. I used two roms with two different ap and the same thin happens.

Reactions: Alexander1970

seb5049

Trophies
XP
Country
An update on this:
I'm pretty sure the error I'm getting is due to YSMenu not working. When I open YSMenu.nds from wood, all I get is a white screen. It's only DS roms that don't work in TWiLight, nes, gb etc all work fine. Can anyone figure out why YSMenu is broken?

@Robz8 do you think you can help me with this? I think it's the same issue that I had with ds game forwarders a few years ago, but I've reformatted my micro SD since then and I forgot what I did to fix it.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the issue in the wrong repo, I now force TwilightMenu to boot the WarioWare DSi version as DSiWare, but it doesn't have any audio.
The same happens when I use unlaunch to boot it.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've a strange and funny problem at the same time (lol) with Mario & Luigi Bowser Inside Story
I've the rom eur with the patched ap and everything works fine, I can save without problems. But when the first battle with Bowser ends, in the scene where Peach catches him with a rare heart-shaped thing and throws him out of the castle, the game freezes. I used two roms with two different ap and the same thin happens.
Hello.:)

I can confirm this issue.Its the first (Trainings) Battle scene with Mario & Bowser during the Conference.

I have used the EU version (TID:CLJP) and the xdelta Patch from here:
https://www.odrive.com/s/8443cc3a-8.../RetroGameFan's+Alternative+Game+Patches+v1.7

Tried with/without holding "L" on start.Using NO cheats.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: elenarguez

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Sorry for the issue in the wrong repo, I now force TwilightMenu to boot the WarioWare DSi version as DSiWare, but it doesn't have any audio.
The same happens when I use unlaunch to boot it.
I have the same issue. I think this is an unlaunch issue, not Twl++ or NDSbootstrap.

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Gash247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For kh 358/2 you need to apply an ap patch to the rom. The ap patch can be found here in the folder called
RetroGameFan's Game Patches from DS-Scene Rom Tool. Then select the xdelta files by dubbz82 folder. Then look for the patch numbered 4223 Kingdom Hearts 358/2. Download and apply the patch to your game and it will then run perfectly.

Thank you so much! I used the ds scene rom tool and patch it there. I didn't use the file you provided mostly cause I didn't know how, but the tool got it to work!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One last question (at least for the day lol) So i'm able to run attack of saiyans on twilight menu++, I installed it on my homescreen as a cia and for some reason it doesn't run from there...... ._.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 , I'm having major problems getting twilight menu ++ to run on the supercard dstwo. almost every time I try to boot a game, I get error-1. all files are in the correct place. I've even removed everything from the slot-1 micro sd card and placed only the files for twilight menu and the supercard dstwo. error-1 happens if I'm trying to use nds-bootstrap. there have been a few times where it went to the loading screen but seemingly froze at the end of the load bar. I could still exit with the home menu. now, if I choose not to use nds-bootstrap in order to use the supercard's firmware, twilight menu freezes. you can see a distorted error-1 on the screen when that happens.

edit: I had been using an old version of your forwarders as well as twl loader, which I think needed twl patches, so I'm not sure if that's interfering or not. the new forwarders don't work for me either.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: seb5049

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 , I'm having major problems getting twilight menu ++ to run on the supercard dstwo. almost every time I try to boot a game, I get error-1. all files are in the correct place. I've even removed everything from the slot-1 micro sd card and placed only the files for twilight menu and the supercard dstwo. error-1 happens if I'm trying to use nds-bootstrap. there have been a few times where it went to the loading screen but seemingly froze at the end of the load bar. I could still exit with the home menu. now, if I choose not to use nds-bootstrap in order to use the supercard's firmware, twilight menu freezes. you can see a distorted error-1 on the screen when that happens.

edit: I had been using an old version of your forwarders as well as twl loader, which I think needed twl patches, so I'm not sure if that's interfering or not. the new forwarders don't work for me either.
Might have to wait for the next TWLMenu++ version.

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, after 20 hours playing Suikoden tierkreis, in the scene where the desert is going to appear, the game shows an endless black screen and I can't keep playing, I think it's due to some nds bootstrap issue or something. Also to say that sometimes I see some flashing black lines on the screens when there are changes between screens, in the menus happens too. All this happens in the eu version, in the US i don't have idea. And that was it, I'm sorry to be a little annoying.

Last edited by elenarguez,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well, after 20 hours playing Suikoden tierkreis, in the scene where the desert is going to appear, the game shows an endless black screen and I can't keep playing, I think it's due to some nds bootstrap issue or something. Also to say that sometimes I see some flashing black lines on the screens when there are changes between screens, in the menus happens too. All this happens in the eu version, in the US i don't have idea. And that was it, I'm sorry to be a little annoying.
I had an similar issue when the Porpos-kin´s cave is to defend.I´ll try it many times with reboots/with/without HiyaCFW/cheats on/off and then I use the holding "L" on booting game "cheat".That works then.:)

Reactions: elenarguez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ