Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

kubson3824

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, I've got a question regarding TWiLight Menu++ and NeoDS and I'm not sure where I should ask the question. Whenever I choose a game it gets stuck on "Loading banks into main ram...". Can someone help me out?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Situation: SNemulDS continues to load menus in Japanese -- cannot change to English.

I'm running a Japanese Region DSiLL with HiyaCFW and TwilightMenu. Everything is loading and running properly, except no matter how many times and ways I try to change the language settings to 'English (1)' through the TwilightMenu Settings, SNemulDS still loads the menus in Japanese. According to the emulator site there needs to be a .cfg file saved in /root, but putting one there (or anywhere else for that matter) doesn't make a difference. I've checked the .ini files for TwilightMenu and confirmed they are saving the settings to 1 in both the "nds-bootstrap" (probably not even related) and the "settings.ini". Gracias! Arigato! Merci! Danke! Thank you!

nekowo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Have a problem here...
Install method: Updater
Updater version: 3.0.0
3ds model: Old 3ds
3ds version: 11.9.0-42U
Using Luma 3ds via boot9strap installed form a arm9loaderhax exploit
Not using anything on game slot
Having only sysNAND (No EmuNAND present on exploit)
Sd card: 16 GB Class 4
i think running the updater again should fix it by downloading the file and if not then manually downloading the zip and placing the missing file to your sdcard should work

StykMan_YT

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently downloaded some DSiWare games and when I tried to play them I got the message, "This game cannot be launched as a .nds file on 2ds/3ds." How can I fix this? Do I need to change my console to a DSI, and if I do, how do I? I looked this up and couldn't find anything. Someone please help me.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently downloaded some DSiWare games and when I tried to play them I got the message, "This game cannot be launched as a .nds file on 2ds/3ds." How can I fix this? Do I need to change my console to a DSI, and if I do, how do I? I looked this up and couldn't find anything. Someone please help me.
You can't run DSiWare games as NDS files at all on 3DS and there is no way to turn it into a DSi. You'll have to install cia based versions of the games.

Adrix116

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i think running the updater again should fix it by downloading the file and if not then manually downloading the zip and placing the missing file to your sdcard should work
The problem is the file is ok, it's in _nds/TWiLightMenu/main.srldr maybe it's my sd card, also i will try re-installing the cia file if this doesn't solve the problem i will erase everything form the updater and start over with different install method

Adrix116

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The problem is the file is ok, it's in _nds/TWiLightMenu/main.srldr maybe it's my sd card, also i will try re-installing the cia file if this doesn't solve the problem i will erase everything form the updater and start over with different install method
It seems that deleting everything and starting over worked

Attachments

• 15518030605351206205674.jpg
    15518030605351206205674.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0

Azazel8073

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would still like to Twilight Menu to work with r4i 3ds+ card. Every time I run it slot-1 I get a black screen with error message. Then forced to power off. I've read the guide and have _nds folder and boot file placed on sd card of the flashcard. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would still like to Twilight Menu to work with r4i 3ds+ card. Every time I run it slot-1 I get a black screen with error message. Then forced to power off. I've read the guide and have _nds folder and boot file placed on sd card of the flashcard. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Did you follow the troubleshooting guide in the first post?
If you can already run TWLMenu++ from the SD card, but can't launch Slot-1 with it, go to TWLMenu++ settings, and set Slot-1 Launch method to Direct, if it's not set to that.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Azazel8073

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you follow the troubleshooting guide in the first post?
If you can already run TWLMenu++ from the SD card, but can't launch Slot-1 with it, go to TWLMenu++ settings, and set Slot-1 Launch method to Direct, if it's not set to that.

It was the direct/reboot setting, for some reason it kept reverting back to reboot after I set it to direct but I got it working, thx for the reply^^

Bitanator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I feel like a complete idiot, I have the gameyob for ds but how do I access it from the twilight++ menu? I cannot find it, do I need to place it in the same place as my ds roms? Which folder do I need to put it in as all the emulators that came with it are not showing up.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like a complete idiot, I have the gameyob for ds but how do I access it from the twilight++ menu? I cannot find it, do I need to place it in the same place as my ds roms? Which folder do I need to put it in as all the emulators that came with it are not showing up.
Just launch a GB/GBC ROM, and the emulator will boot.

PhanPhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, can someone please send me images of what twilight folders are supposed to look like? For some reasons all of my games and their save files are within the SD card itself, not inside _nds folders so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to move the games and save files to before I can update to the latest version of Twilight Menu.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can someone please send me images of what twilight folders are supposed to look like? For some reasons all of my games and their save files are within the SD card itself, not inside _nds folders so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to move the games and save files to before I can update to the latest version of Twilight Menu.
Roms can technically go anywhere but it's probably best to do the following on the root of the sd card.

roms/nds place games here
roms/nds/saves place saves here (saves must be placed here but like I previously said roms can be anywhere).

PhanPhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roms can technically go anywhere but it's probably best to do the following on the root of the sd card.

roms/nds place games here
roms/nds/saves place saves here (saves must be placed here but like I previously said roms can be anywhere).

Hmmm, I must be missing those folders then :/ is it safe to make those folders? I'm updating from the one before 9/22/2018, I believe.

Attachments

• twi1.PNG
    twi1.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 179

Jannik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The software is running very well and fast. Only I can not connect via Mario Kart DS to an unmodeled DSI in DS Download game. Was this so foreseen or is it a mistake?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: @BunnyPinkie yepp