Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The software is running very well and fast. Only I can not connect via Mario Kart DS to an unmodeled DSI in DS Download game. Was this so foreseen or is it a mistake?
Mistake. It doesn't work because the game uses Cloneboot for DLP.
Whenever the other console crashes on the Nintendo logo, then the game uses Cloneboot.

Reactions: FateForWindows

jrxohan

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hi. it would be weird this but how could load some homebrew games in the twilight menu eh tried with DScraft but when starting with the direct boot or changing some things. the touch screen never works could there be some way to work, I do not know much about this

Last edited by jrxohan,

SimplyCass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I registered on this site to give a big thumbs-up for this project.

I also have a question. Is anyone working on a how-to or beginner guide for the wiki on Github? Like, specific breakdowns on what each option does or little tips or screenshots of which each option looks like. Or maybe even a guide for advanced users like how to create and build your own loading screen. Or a roadmap of planned features. There's a short little guide on the first post of this page, but I didn't know about it (I got linked to the Github directly, from reddit). the FAQ on the Github only talks about installing and technical support.

I could assist, if need be.

For instance, I really didn't know that there was a key combo to boot back to the main menu. I was just closing the app each time and relaunching. (speaking of which, is it possible in the future for nds-bootstrap to use the suspended mode?) The original DS theme also has some pitfalls - it'd been so long since I had seen one that I had completely forgotten the bottom square was the settings button.

Some settings are also not explained. Is there any reason to choose DSi specifically over DS mode? What's the difference between NTR and TWL? Does 133 MHz mode change anything for "regular DS" games? Does it harm anything at all to select 133 MHz mode?

Dimitris84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone!! I had an R4i but without knowing I updated my DSi to 1.4.5e and now the card doesn't work. So I downloaded the TWiLight Menu++ v7.4.1 on an 8gb sd card but when I try to boot it says "Error! Failed to read Launcher's title.tmp" Does anyone knows what's wrong?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!! I had an R4i but without knowing I updated my DSi to 1.4.5e and now the card doesn't work. So I downloaded the TWiLight Menu++ v7.4.1 on an 8gb sd card but when I try to boot it says "Error! Failed to read Launcher's title.tmp" Does anyone knows what's wrong?
Are you using MacOS?

Dimitris84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No, just a laptop with Windows 10. It doesn't ask me to merge the _nds files but I checked them and it seems it did. I don't know what else could possibly go wrong :sad:

Dimitris84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
title->00030004->5352c41->content->00000000.app , title.tmd
00030015->534c524e->content->0000000.app , title.tmd

It seems like nothing is missing idk

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
title->00030004->5352c41->content->00000000.app , title.tmd
00030015->534c524e->content->0000000.app , title.tmd

It seems like nothing is missing idk
Try getting the "title" folder from your NAND backup, and put it on the SD card.
When asked to overwrite, click yes.

Dimitris84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I replaced the "title" folder and indeed this error was fixed, but now after the "touch the screen to continue" I get another error :sad::(

Dimitris84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
"An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to yurn the system off.........."
I got that error before the .tmp error because I have an 8gb card but I did the fix:

Sorry for asking so many things...Your help is appreciated!!

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
So i have recently update the app via the updater. I try once and all works perfectly, problem starts when i try to re launch the app. Im stuck on a white screen (of death) but nothing load, i use the updater for download cheat code since now the app supports them. So i was curios on try out but now im stuck in this screen and i don't understand what i did wrong. Im using the .cia app on 3DS with Luma CFW.

EDIT: I have try to re install all the stuff, so is a free start, but nothing still in the white screen and nothing happen.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some settings are also not explained. Is there any reason to choose DSi specifically over DS mode? What's the difference between NTR and TWL? Does 133 MHz mode change anything for "regular DS" games? Does it harm anything at all to select 133 MHz mode?
This one's easy to explain. The DSi and 3DS have a better ARM9 clock speed compared to the DS but underclocks it when playing DS games without DSi enhancements for compatibility reasons. Therefore, you can choose between NTR clock speeds (original DS) and TWL clock speeds (DSi clock speeds). The higher clock speed will lead to less lag/slowdown in games, but certain games have compatibility issues, e.g. putting SM64DS in sleep mode will make it fail to render graphics upon taking it out of sleep mode, but it otherwise works perfectly for most games.

Reactions: SimplyCass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay