Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

BatIron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, i'm long time that no update so last week i update to the last one but, when i update for some reason my dsi when i try to get into twilight get block in a white screen, i try to uninstall and install again, but the same error happen, idk if is a sd card error (i have one of 2gb that before i update was worked on it) or i miss some file o something else

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm long time that no update so last week i update to the last one but, when i update for some reason my dsi when i try to get into twilight get block in a white screen, i try to uninstall and install again, but the same error happen, idk if is a sd card error (i have one of 2gb that before i update was worked on it) or i miss some file o something else
Assuming you're using hiyaCFW, press POWER to get past the white screen.
TWLMenu++ will fix the bug in the next version.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try uninstalling TWiLight Menu++ from both the flashcard and console SD cards:
https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/uninstalling-3ds
https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/uninstalling-ds

After doing so, install TWiLight Menu++ again on your 3DS:
https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing-3ds

If the issue persists, then idk what else to do.
Did a full uninstall and reinstall, including of YSMenu: it's still the exact same error screen, addresses, codes and all.
Might try reformatting it or something - as well as a full scan of the disc (the card): if all else fails, I'll just wait for the next update.

At least I've ruled out cosmic rays.

v25.7.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v25.7.0: TWL Christmas Release
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.68.0 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• When started via flashcard, in order to use the settings from the console's SD card slot, a file called `primary` must now be created in `sd:/_nds/`.
  • @quiple: Updated font used in the DS Classic Menu.
  • Updated AP-fix for Anpanman to Touch de Waku Waku Training in order to work properly with nds-bootstrap v0.68.0.
  • Finally updated NitroGrafx to v0.9.0.
  • Support for the EZ-Flash RAM is now disabled by default.
    • In order to use it again, EZ_FLASH_RAM must be set to 1 in `fat:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini`.

Improvement​

Bug fixes​

• Fixed games not booting in widescreen, as well as all of DS(i) mode being stuck in widescreen after launching a game with widescreen.
    • If you've been affected by this bug prior to this version, delete `TwlBg.cxi` in `sd:/luma/sysmodules/`, and re-follow the widescreen guide.
    • This also fixes games from the console SD not booting after the flashcard is mounted via SCFG access.
  • Fixed white screen crash caused by hiyaCFW (again).
    • Will not be reverted due to inevitable bugs related to NAND init/read code.

N7Kopper

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did a full uninstall and reinstall, including of YSMenu: it's still the exact same error screen, addresses, codes and all.
Might try reformatting it or something - as well as a full scan of the disc (the card): if all else fails, I'll just wait for the next update.

At least I've ruled out cosmic rays.
With the new version, my flashcard has gone from guru meditation erroring to white screening when booted in NTR mode. (Booting through the 3DS/DSi's Twilight Menu is still the same as before.) I'll keep plugging away at it, does anyone else have any ideas?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new version, my flashcard has gone from guru meditation erroring to white screening when booted in NTR mode. (Booting through the 3DS/DSi's Twilight Menu is still the same as before.) I'll keep plugging away at it, does anyone else have any ideas?
Try deleting "settings.ini" at "fat:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/".
If the issue persists, then maybe something is wrong with either your flashcard or it's SD card.

Babarberousse

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !
First of all thanks for these incredibles mods you made for the 3DS. I didn't know there was such a huge community modding this console and it's heartwarming :D
I recently installed the 3DS hack before twilight menu on my 2DS, and everything worked fine. The console booted like expected and had no problem at all.
I then followed the tutorial to instal twilight menu, and when the installation ended (a few seconds after), my 2DS shut down with a popping sound.
I can't boot it again at all (nothing happens when I power it with the button), but the charging led still works when the battery is powered by cable until it's full. I tried dismounting the battery and putting it again, nothing happens, same for the sd card and changing the boot.firm in the sd card.
Was there a chance that the 2DS simply broke when installing twilight menu ? (would be bad luck for me haha)

thanks for your answer ! and have a good night !

Reactions: Tarmfot

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !
First of all thanks for these incredibles mods you made for the 3DS. I didn't know there was such a huge community modding this console and it's heartwarming :D
I recently installed the 3DS hack before twilight menu on my 2DS, and everything worked fine. The console booted like expected and had no problem at all.
I then followed the tutorial to instal twilight menu, and when the installation ended (a few seconds after), my 2DS shut down with a popping sound.
I can't boot it again at all (nothing happens when I power it with the button), but the charging led still works when the battery is powered by cable until it's full. I tried dismounting the battery and putting it again, nothing happens, same for the sd card and changing the boot.firm in the sd card.
Was there a chance that the 2DS simply broke when installing twilight menu ? (would be bad luck for me haha)

thanks for your answer ! and have a good night !
Sounds like the screen connector has coincidentally broke.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, when I tried to create a shortcut for Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2 with the 3dsx homebrew version of NDS Forwarder, I got an error 0xffffffff, any ideas?

Any other DS roms, included romhacks, BB1 and VW1 got installed without problems and launch fine.

The roms run fine on desmume, so I think they're not corrupted?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Hello, when I tried to create a shortcut for Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2 with the 3dsx homebrew version of NDS Forwarder, I got an error 0xffffffff, any ideas?

Any other DS roms, included romhacks, BB1 and VW1 got installed without problems and launch fine.

The roms run fine on desmume, so I think they're not corrupted?
Probably because those games have broken banners, you could check the log for more details iirc it's in sdmc:/3ds/ndsForwarder. If it's the banner you can fix it by providing an override image/banner.bin.

acidwar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I got a bit confused while trying to install Twilight++ for my 3ds (doing it manually), I can only find 1 cia file (TWiLightmenu.cia) in the zip file. Am i stupid or is the 2nd one not in this release?
Post automatically merged:

I'm currently trying to install Twilight++ on my 3ds manually, it's my best choice at the moment at least. But cant seem to find more than on cia file in the latest release (TWiLightmenu.cia), am i just dumb or?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I got a bit confused while trying to install Twilight++ for my 3ds (doing it manually), I can only find 1 cia file (TWiLightmenu.cia) in the zip file. Am i stupid or is the 2nd one not in this release?

I'm currently trying to install Twilight++ on my 3ds manually, it's my best choice at the moment at least. But cant seem to find more than on cia file in the latest release (TWiLightmenu.cia), am i just dumb or?
This appears to have been an intential change, I guess the Last Ran ROM cia is no longer needed? If Robz can confirm that that's the case then the wiki just needs to be updated I guess.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens after installing the cia file? Can you launch TWilightMenu++? Does it work?
I'm currently trying to install Twilight++ on my 3ds manually, it's my best choice at the moment at least.
I'm curious as to why is that the case, don't you have a wifi connection to connect to? It's very easy that way, you just download Universal-Updater (scan the QR code in fbi) and download TWilightMenu++ and let it do its thing.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This appears to have been an intential change, I guess the Last Ran ROM cia is no longer needed? If Robz can confirm that that's the case then the wiki just needs to be updated I guess.
Indeed, it automatically load the latest rom i played

Probably because those games have broken banners, you could check the log for more details iirc it's in sdmc:/3ds/ndsForwarder. If it's the banner you can fix it by providing an override image/banner.bin.
That's seems to be the problem, would you like to go more in details about how providing these files?
Code:
info: [Builder]looking for banner at /roms/nds/Pokemon Blaze Black 2 [v1.1].bin
info: [Builder]looking for banner at sdmc:/3ds/forwarder/banners/Pokemon Blaze Black 2 [v1.1].bin
info: [Builder]looking for custom bmp icon at sdmc:/3ds/forwarder/icons/Pokemon Blaze Black 2 [v1.1].bmp
error: [Builder]Invalid banner CRC 3
error: [Builder]Failed to create forwarder.

I found this https://skins.ds-homebrew.com/icon/pokmon-volt-white-2

Last edited by Asia81,
Reactions: Tarmfot

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @RocketRobz . I don't know if this issue has already been reported about Drift Street International (a nice dsiware racing game): when pressing A (accelerator), B (brake), X (nitro) and dpad simultaneously the game crashes, the image freezes but the bgm continues. Drifting and using nitro are indispensable in this game. I use SD-slot, Flipnote Lenny and of course TWL++ if it makes any difference.

N7Kopper

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try deleting "settings.ini" at "fat:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/".
If the issue persists, then maybe something is wrong with either your flashcard or it's SD card.
I assume that means you fixed something on your end. I'll try everything I can then. (Ah, the joys of having responsibilities outside of my gadgets...)

EDIT: A full scorched-earth reinstall of the vanilla firmware and then TWiLight Menu worked in NTR mode. Now to remember how I made the fegging thing autoboot to test TWL.

EDIT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Yep, I got it working again. It was, in fact, cosmic fucking rays. Yaaay.

Last edited by N7Kopper,

JomasterII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Question: I seem to be having an issue with Alice in Wonderland; is the AP patching actually working on TM++? I'm on the latest version of Twilight Menu++ which includes Anti-Piracy patching in NDSbootstrap by default and I *assume* I'm using a clean dump, however I'm still running into the AP check which makes enemies invincible. I'm trying the EU version (which says it's compatible on the patch list) but haven't tried the US one. Same thing happens in both DS and DSi modes. Anyone got any ideas on how to get around the AP?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2027