Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Gyaraga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcards currently do not use nds-bootstrap, and instead uses flashcart kernels/firmwares, such as Wood, for loading ROMs.

That was my thinking. So I guess my question would be, would it be possible for the unsupported cards to be supported in the same way they are in TWLoader, through the kernel/YSMenu, what have you?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was my thinking. So I guess my question would be, would it be possible for the unsupported cards to be supported in the same way they are in TWLoader, through the kernel/YSMenu, what have you?
YSMenu doesn't work correctly, when booted by DSiMenu++.
It's stuck on the loading bar.

TelloDon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is the lower touch screen on my 3ds not working when I open the Mario Kart DS?

Does anyone know if it is a bug or how to fix it?
?:huh:

Same thing is happening to me still on a N3DS (I am using the latest version of Luma and B9S for my CFW. I am also a version behind the latest N3DS firmware update).

I am installing the three .cias, the launcher .cia, and using the latest nds-bootstrap v0.9.1 (REV 01). Quick start still doesn't allow me to use the touch screen.

I have deleted the nds-bootstrap.ini file and allowed it to be recreated, but no go. I have gone through different bootstrap versions but no go. This is getting a bit disheartening that others are able to get it working on 3DS but everything I've seen other people try has yet to work. The touch screen will just not work when quick start is enabled no matter what I do. New bootstrap, cleared out .ini file, reinstalled every .cia, absolutely nothing is working for me.

I am able to use touch when turning off quick start and starting the game up from the DSiMenuPlusPlusLauncher via last loaded ROM. Quick start has never worked for me from when I initially installed. Anyone have any other ideas of what I can do?

Last edited by TelloDon,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I’ve updated to the latest bootstrap which removes the need for donor carts. I’m getting the same issue as others where loading a game sends me back to the 3DS menu yet quick start works.

fanidt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help trying to play nds roms on CFW 3ds v11.3 Guru Meditation error!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

followed this guide
nds forwader cias on home menu

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

followed this guide
nds forwader cias on home menu
I haven't fixed the issue with the forwarders yet.
Try using DSiMenu++ for now.

Reactions: fanidt

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Just see this new method, well new for me is a bti since last time i check out the work in progress for this stuff, and of course after follow the instructions i was force to try to start using this by using some of the rom from my japanese only game and...none of them works. All that happen when i launch the rom is that simply send me back to the 3DS home menu. I don't know what i have done wrong, im using the .3dsx version of this app.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just see this new method, well new for me is a bti since last time i check out the work in progress for this stuff, and of course after follow the instructions i was force to try to start using this by using some of the rom from my japanese only game and...none of them works. All that happen when i launch the rom is that simply send me back to the 3DS home menu. I don't know what i have done wrong, im using the .3dsx version of this app.
Turn on "Quick-start ROM" in the DSiMenu++ settings.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Turn on "Quick-start ROM" in the DSiMenu++ settings.
Turn the option On but now im in this white void, nothing happen. I see in the option that the "donator rom" option still avalible, but i have not get how to make the thing on and choose what rom use (when i was using TWL Loader i was using MK as a donator rom and all the game ware working, slow like Shuckle, but working). Otherwise i don't know, i re check the instruction and i have installed all the cia require.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn the option On but now im in this white void, nothing happen. I see in the option that the "donator rom" option still avalible, but i have not get how to make the thing on and choose what rom use (when i was using TWL Loader i was using MK as a donator rom and all the game ware working, slow like Shuckle, but working). Otherwise i don't know, i re check the instruction and i have installed all the cia require.
Ignore the donor ROM option. I forgot to remove it for this release. It will be removed in the next version.

Reactions: PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Ignore the donor ROM option. I forgot to remove it for this release. It will be removed in the next version.

Ok i check out the cia again and...i found out that i still have some cia from TWL Loader. So i removed from the system, maybe thinking that was a problem (maybe?). So i try to launch again my games and the resoult is that non of my japanse game launch, stuck in the white voide. But this time i add to the list Mario Kart DS and...ti work. So i guess at this point is just compatibility problem.

The japanese game i try out are this:

Nettou! Dream Nine
Power Pro Pocket DS Koushien
Power Pro Pocket 12
Power Pro Pocket 13
Power Pro Pocket 14

LucaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just wanted to say thanks for this, so far it's running pkmn platinum smoothy. Can't wait for the support of cheats and sleep mode. :)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I have DSiMenu++ on my R4i Gold RTS flashcard, and soley running from the flashcard, the improved audio still works? I wonder why more flashcard kernels like wood didn't include that as an option also.
Because they didn't think setting it would work. :P
At least, that's my guess.

KuroTheBang

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone help me?

Pokemon HG seems to freeze randomly now and then. And with now and then I mean 5x per day
(New 2DS XL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stephybaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing is happening to me still on a N3DS (I am using the latest version of Luma and B9S for my CFW. I am also a version behind the latest N3DS firmware update).

I am installing the three .cias, the launcher .cia, and using the latest nds-bootstrap v0.9.1 (REV 01). Quick start still doesn't allow me to use the touch screen.

I have deleted the nds-bootstrap.ini file and allowed it to be recreated, but no go. I have gone through different bootstrap versions but no go. This is getting a bit disheartening that others are able to get it working on 3DS but everything I've seen other people try has yet to work. The touch screen will just not work when quick start is enabled no matter what I do. New bootstrap, cleared out .ini file, reinstalled every .cia, absolutely nothing is working for me.

I am able to use touch when turning off quick start and starting the game up from the DSiMenuPlusPlusLauncher via last loaded ROM. Quick start has never worked for me from when I initially installed. Anyone have any other ideas of what I can do?

I am in a similar situation. I did try deleting .ini file twice. Reapplying the latest bootstrap twice. I also made sure to delete all remnants of twloader but no luck so far.
I imagine it'll be an issue that gets fixed soon.

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am using DSiMenuPlusPlus (quickstart on) , try some games that don't work with TWLoader (not using donor ROM):

Game tested:
- Bubble Bobble Double Shot [Ok]
- Contra 4 [Off] [error in EEPROM initialization]
- Diddy Kong Racing [Off]
- Eco-Creatures: Save the Forest (Aka Ecolis) [Ok]
- Star Fox Command [Off]

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using DSiMenuPlusPlus (quickstart on) , try some games that don't work with TWLoader (not using donor ROM):

Game tested:
- Bubble Bobble Double Shot [Ok]
- Contra 4 [Off] [error in EEPROM initialization]
- Diddy Kong Racing [Off]
- Eco-Creatures: Save the Forest (Aka Ecolis) [Ok]
- Star Fox Command [Off]
Update nds-bootstrap to the latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto