Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2018-9-9_12-4-10.png

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get the problem console to launch .nds games by downgrading to a previous install of DSiMenu++. I guess it's just fussy, since the beta build works on one of my consoles but not the other. Any input, @Robz8 ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, longtime lurker here. Thanks for all your guides and resources.

Now, usually I would just browse the forums looking for answers but this time I just can't seem to find what I need to do to correct the (minor) issues I'm having with DSimenu++

As stated, these are minor and everything else works just right (game covers show up, runs nds, nes and gb/gbc games) but still I just can't get out of my head that maybe I did something wrong.

I'm running on a DSi XL with HiyaCFW on a 2GB card (also tested on a 32GB card). I used the guide at cfw.guide as recommended on "A noob's guide to DSi hacking end-to-end"

EDIT: HiyaCFW works fine. Booting up while pressing Select takes me to the CFW options (splash screen, autoboot, etc).

Followed these instructions as well:

These are my symtoms:

- I've seen several Youtube videos where running DSimenu++ boots straigh into the roms menu. Mine boots to the root of the SD card.
Booting into the SD root occurs on newer DSiMenu++ versions.
When you go into your DS ROM folder, you'll start there instead.
- L/R don't switch pages. I get an error buzz instead.
You need to have more than 40 ROMs in your folder to switch pages.
- Up/down doesn't switch between roms and dsiware. I get no feedback from the console (no sound, no graphical glitch, etc)
You have to go into the folder with the DSiWare. (roms/dsiware)
- Pressing Y does nothing
That was only a thing in the previous versions.
- Pressing X prompts me to delete the selected item (folder, game, etc), unless I'm at the Start menu (where Settings, Launch slot-1 card and GBArunner show up); pressing X at that screen takes me back to stock DSi menu.
That's normal.
- Running "Settings" at the Start menu reboots DSimenu++
Strange. That issue doesn't happen for me.

As stated, everything else works fine, I can run DSiware and roms, even AP patched (at least the few I've tried) and the game covers show up at the top screen. What really irks me is the inability to enter the Settings screen.

Anyone has any idea what I'm missing? The closest thing I've seen reported is someone on reddit saying that launching Settings frezzes his 3DS console. The advice he got was to delete a settings.ini file (which I don't have and I couldn't find any on the 7z file from github).
"settings.ini" is at "sd:/_nds/dsimenuplusplus".

The latest DSiMenu++ has some bugs, and they should be fixed in the next version.

Sonikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry to repeat myself this much, but when will there be a fix to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon not booting?

TRWOV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Robz8, I don't have the "settings.ini" file in my SD card and neither in the contents of the .7z file. Maybe that's why the settings menu doesn't start?

I'll download a few past relases and see if it's there. Maybe putting a blank "settings.ini" file would do the trick? I'll report back.

Even after going into the roms folders doesn't fix the Up/down issue but I guess it's related to the Settings issue somehow.

Eitherway, as I stated, the issues are minor (it seems that boxart is enabled by default and that was what I wanted to change anyway).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8, I don't have the "settings.ini" file in my SD card and neither in the contents of the .7z file. Maybe that's why the settings menu doesn't start?

I'll download a few past relases and see if it's there. Maybe putting a blank "settings.ini" file would do the trick? I'll report back.

Even after going into the roms folders doesn't fix the Up/down issue but I guess it's related to the Settings issue somehow.
I didn't say it would fix the issue. Up/Down is now used to switch between the SD card and flashcard, if DSiMenu++ supports it.

Reactions: TRWOV

TRWOV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I didn't say it would fix the issue. Up/Down is now used to switch between the SD card and flashcard, if DSiMenu++ supports it.

Oh I get it. Then it seems the only issue I have is the reboot after running "Settings".

EDIT: Wooooot. Putting a blank settings.ini file worked...and it looks like I'll have to switch the GUI to english; accent marks don't display fine ATM it seems.

(yeah, I need to fix the top screen XD)

@Robz8 Thank you for your assistance. :D

EDIT 2: Now it boots to the NDS roms folder too!

Attachments

• 20180909_185713.jpg
    20180909_185713.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by TRWOV,

t0w3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason launching DSiWare is taking a looooong time, like, 15 seconds. It started right after I formated my SD Card and installed the newest version

Raulix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I hope that v.0.11.3 of nds-bootstrap gets a ds download play feature or maybe a multiplayer fix/patch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, the feature. Oh man that's cool that you can switch between flashcart and the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь