Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
????

EDIT: by the way funny sig
yaynds.gif

EDIT: i think this thread can be closed right?

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yup! this thread CAN be CLOSED
you know i think you are SMART but on second though i think that you ARE:

ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT YOUR OPINION! NEVER THINK ABOUT OTHER OPINION!
AND NEVER KNOW THE TIME WHEN YOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

PS=SORRY IF THIS IS FLAMING BUT I CAN'T HOLD MY ANGER ANY MORE!!!!
ANY MODS CAN DELETE THIS IF THEY WANT TO!!!!!!!!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
azure0wind said:
yup! this thread CAN be CLOSED
you know i think you are SMART but on second though i think that you ARE:

ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT YOUR OPINION! NEVER THINK ABOUT OTHER OPINION!
AND NEVER KNOW THE TIME WHEN YOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

PS=SORRY IF THIS IS FLAMING BUT I CAN'T HOLD MY ANGER ANY MORE!!!!
ANY MODS CAN DELETE THIS IF THEY WANT TO!!!!!!!!
This freaking thread was almost a month old, and it was nicely falling into the dark black depths of the "NDS - Homebre Games & Applications" forum, hopingly never to be seen again.

Now you've just bumped it. Congrats
yaypsp.gif

Neku_Sakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saphiresurf said:
Ok i was just looking at all the emulators you can run on the ds and dsi (i have a dsi) and i came across a nes emulator and went to there main website. I wasnt very impressed by the site (the emulator was pretty mainstream i just forgot what it was called) because it was just like a blank page with a few links to the downloads with descriptions. then i saw
QUOTE said:
Firmware.nds, Ds firmware in a .nds file
so i downloaded it, put it on my flash cart, and it worked! The full ds firmware. It took the settings from the dsi firmware and used it on the ds firmware that was being used.what i found really interesting is that it acted like it was running on the NAND except it emulated that on the flashcart. Another thing that amazed me was that i ran it on a ds emu on my laptop and it would crash. it literally did run off info on the NAND! Now that i think about it you could use that to your advantage to get the dsi common key through an edited ds firmware file in the form of a .nds file. The only reason this would work though is because its a ds firmware getting something from the dsi firmware thats located on the NAND. I hope someones following this because it could help speed up the dsi homebrew channel progress by a LOT!

P.S. sorry if things can be off topic. the topic was originally going to say that you can run ds firmware through a flashcart (i wasnt sure if it was really new or not) but i gradually realized how much it could do!

P.S.S. if you need more info send me an email.

UPDATE: If anyone can figure out how to change the code for favorite color or your name on the ds firmware file then you can rewrite the code and make it so it reads the firmware (or the shop channel im not sure which one holds the common key) instead of the name or favorite color from the NAND

can you send me it? i think i could mess with it a bit and see what happens...... pm me a media fire or sendspace link.......

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason this ds firmware can read the settings of the DSi is because dozen of games uses the ds firmware settings for small features. most commonly the auto adding your name of the DS in to the enter your name field in some games. the ds firmware is still in DS mode, and that information is available in DS mode, the ram location that holds the DS common key is something that is not available in DS mode

bubbalv29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded it too just to be stupid and to my surprise it worked

EDIT: i think everyone that tried it got it from that link, thats the one that was posted if i recall
EDIT: my bad, i coulda swore the link was at the beginning of this post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY