Homebrew DS emulator

bandersnatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know the arguments, and half or more of people don't want one, but i would like to know if there is one being worked on or anything like that?

is ADS Beta 0.1 just a joke and if its not does anyone have a compiled version?

i assume the person that was working on it has dropped the project?

any and all information would be nice.

and if ADS beta is not just a joke then i would appreciate if someone could share it with me.

bandersnatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i have googled up and down with no luck.

all i can find is videos with posts saying no download yet, and well just random ad sites.

i will be severely disappointed if it is just some kind of joke, but never the less please confirm or deny.

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Check out DSonPSP to see the standard of console based DS emulation. In playability terms it's poor (although source is available) youtube of beta 7

Haven't heard of anything for the wii but I really couldn't care less as I can't stand shovelware/pokemon crap
laugh.gif

bandersnatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoomph said:
Check out DSonPSP to see the standard of console based DS emulation. In playability terms it's poor (although source is available) youtube of beta 7

Haven't heard of anything for the wii but I really couldn't care less as I can't stand shovelware/pokemon crap
laugh.gif

well i would hope that it would be faster than that.

i just kinda assumed that the ds wasn't that much more powerful than the gba, but i'm probably incredibly wrong going from that video, i'm not one for technical specifications.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
this one was obviously a fake video

afaik, the only emulator in development is a DsMume port : http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/

But there are still in the process on getting the source compiling (duh) so I wouldn't expect much of this project if I were you, this is the kind of project that need real emulator gurus, and I even doubt anybody could achieve decent NDS emulation speed on Wii .

bandersnatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
this one was obviously a fake video

afaik, the only emulator in development is a DsMume port : http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/

But there are still in the process on getting the source compiling (duh) so I wouldn't expect much of this project if I were you, this is the kind of project that need real emulator gurus, and I even doubt anybody could achieve decent NDS emulation speed on Wii .

thank you so much, at least i know that someone is trying something.

i feel the fact that this is an open project for anyone that wants to take a shot should be spread around more.

but i'm sure that all the emulator gurus are all busy with their own projects.

i just wish this was more possible.

how do you think emulation speeds would differ if aspects were changed, like if you had the ability to turn off sound and touch screen and could flip between screens?

i would think that emulating just one screen with no sound and no touch support would be just about as hard as emulating N64 at full speed with full sound.

but that being said i don't have much hope for a full speed NDS emu.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll be really surprise if this runs faster than 5fps on the Wii.

I still have some lags on my Pc and I have an intel Quad-core 2.33ghz.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well,I will wait for an actual release to judge.
I am worried how this emu can handle stylus controls via Wiimote.And I can't think any possible way to implemet all the microphone uses in the Wii.
For anyone that played it in a PC,how blowing in the microphone works?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
panmusic said:
For anyone that played it in a PC,how blowing in the microphone works?
most emus use a sound file triggered to a key you push the key and the sound plays so the mic can hear it and think your talking/blowing etc.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know if its at all possible, but regarding the microphone emulation part, you can use any speaker as a mic, just plug some headphones into the mic pirt on your PC and try to record by speaking into the earpiece, you'll see it works. (the smaller the speaker the better)

I guess, with that in mind, the mic emulation could be ported through the wiimotes' internal speaker. As I said, no idea if that could be programed as I am not any type of guru, but the hardware aspect is certainly already there (for the mic that is, I have no idea on the NDS side of things)

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
He's right you can talk into it .. and turnips .. but thats not what I was getting at .. either way, there isn't going to be a DS emulator any time soon, anyway, at least not a playable one ..

.. but there is a homebrew app. that calculates the current cost of turnips .. (check the 'demo' list in the HBB) .. ;p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi