DS #5294: Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi (Japan)

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a PS3 version with the same "story axle" (which I'm guessing the story is the same told from a different perspective, a new story altogether, or something similar) and its PS3 exclusive. That sort of diminished my enthusiasm. A lot.

Also, wonderful thing hearing about that book AP system. I'd accept that system back with open arms if it would help developers gain more revenue.

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NamoNakamura said:
There's a PS3 version with the same "story axle" (which I'm guessing the story is the same told from a different perspective, a new story altogether, or something similar) and its PS3 exclusive. That sort of diminished my enthusiasm. A lot.

Also, wonderful thing hearing about that book AP system. I'd accept that system back with open arms if it would help developers gain more revenue.

Isn't PS3 the most powerful system right now? o-o

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
sword414 said:
NamoNakamura said:

Isn't PS3 the most powerful system right now? o-o

The PS3 is the most powerful, considering the 360 doesnt have blu ray.

semyasem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Using this my Acekard 2i caused it to break :S , now My DSI Xl cannot recognize the Acekard anymore its doesn't even appear on the menu screen either , any help guys ?

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jurai said:
would posting scans of the manual go against site rules?
Most probably.

QUOTE(semyasem @ Dec 9 2010, 10:00 AM) Using this my Acekard 2i caused it to break :S , now My DSI Xl cannot recognize the Acekard anymore its doesn't even appear on the menu screen either , any help guys ?
Try backing the card up onto your computer, then formatting it.

semyasem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
shlong said:
jurai said:
Most probably.

QUOTE(semyasem @ Dec 9 2010, 10:00 AM) Using this my Acekard 2i caused it to break :S , now My DSI Xl cannot recognize the Acekard anymore its doesn't even appear on the menu screen either , any help guys ?

already tried that, i even tried using another micro SD and still the same thing , i'm not sure if this is related to the game or not , but ither users on this thread said the same thing so i'm assuming it is related

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
semyasem said:
shlong said:
jurai said:
Most probably.

already tried that, i even tried using another micro SD and still the same thing , i'm not sure if this is related to the game or not , but ither users on this thread said the same thing so i'm assuming it is related
unsure.gif

I have no idea then...what firmware are you using on your cart? What firmware is your XL on?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
semyasem said:
Using this my Acekard 2i caused it to break :S , now My DSI Xl cannot recognize the Acekard anymore its doesn't even appear on the menu screen either , any help guys ?
You have to use bigger clusters to avoid the bricking issue. This rom is huge and overwrite the flash memory if you use small clusters.
Now i'm pretty sure you can recover your flashcart, but how, i have no idea. I don't have this flashcart.
tongue.gif

Edit : perhaps with the help of a dslite ...

Edit 2 : http://gbatemp.net/t237371-is-love-plus-br...t&p=2947380

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mbmax said:
semyasem said:
You have to use bigger clusters to avoid the bricking issue. This rom is huge and overwrite the flash memory if you use small clusters.
Now i'm pretty sure you can recover your flashcart, but how, i have no idea. I don't have this flashcart.
tongue.gif

what would be a good cluster size?
trying to reflash my acekard tomorrow, i lent my other flashcard to a friend so i can't test it earlier
tongue.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
semyasem said:
shlong said:
jurai said:
Most probably.

Try re-flashing the cart using the instructions here. This assumes you have a working NDS Lite or hackable NDSi/XL

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=231410&hl=

Re-format your SD card using the Panasonic tool with the defaults. That sets it to FAT which generally gets around this issue.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm truly surprised you need the manual as much as you do. And this thing is truly a 'manual' in the old school sense. The last time I saw anything this good was the original Fallout manual, and Baldur's Gate.

It's probably going to be a huge inconvenince in Japan though. As the thing is huge. In American it will effectively destroy used sales of the game. I'm doubtful the manual will survive more than a month in a typical American household.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ut2k4master said:
what would be a good cluster size?
trying to reflash my acekard tomorrow, i lent my other flashcard to a friend so i can't test it earlier
tongue.gif
I suppose 32KB is the best choice to avoid to use lot of space for the game FAT table in the flash memory.

semyasem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
shlong said:
semyasem said:
shlong said:
jurai said:
Most probably.

unsure.gif

I have no idea then...what firmware are you using on your cart? What firmware is your XL on?

;( Im using 1.8.1 Akaio , and XL 1.4 firmware, FYi evrything was working GREAT before trying NinoKuni.....

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically you firmware on the Acecard is hosed. This can happen in very rare cases due to the way the sd card is formatted, in conjunction with the type of sd card used. Basically just do what I outlined previously and you will be ok. I'm assuming that finding another living breathing human with an NDS Lite, or a hackable DSi/XL should be easy
tongue.gif

semyasem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Mbmax said:
semyasem said:
tongue.gif

what can I say.... you are AWESOME !!
yaynds.gif
, thanks a bunch !!

one thing though IF (and thats only if) i tried ninokuni again will the same happen again ? if there is a way to get it to work withour bricking the Acekard again i'de be grateful , i read abuot your aother post about the cluster but I did not get it
wacko.gif

Kalhas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For R4 Users, take wood 1.19 et do this :

"1. Download Patch.rar (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ONTF7ZWI) and get a Patch.exe file from the RAR archive.

2. Drag your ROM and drop it onto the Patch.exe. That's it.

Note:
This path is not only for "Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi". It's one of game to be patched by Universal Child's Play Patch.
The file having the ".bak" extension is the backup copy of the original nds file
"

The complete message is:

"For General User:

1. Download Patch.rar and get a Patch.exe file from the RAR archive.

2. Drag your ROM and drop it onto the Patch.exe. That's it.

Note:
This path is not only for "Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi". It's one of game to be patched by Universal Child's Play Patch.
The file having the ".bak" extension is the backup copy of the original nds file.

For DSTT User:

Copy the TTMENU.DAT files from the DSTT kernel to the root directory of your DSTT. And also, copy three files of infolib.dat, extinfo.dat, and ttpatch.dat from the DSTT kernel to the TTMENU folder of your DSTT.

Note: You must use DSTT Kernel v1.17a13 rev69(JAP) for implemeting the latest dat files.

For R4 User:

Use YSMENU with the same manner of the above instruction as like DSTT. Thus, use R4 YSMENU. You must use the r4patch.dat file that was included in this karnel, and copy it to the TTMENU folder of your DSTT.

Note:
The file of extinfo.dat can record up to 512 game titles. If the entry exceeds 512 game titles, the extinfo.dat can not be recognized by DSTT kernel. Therefore the special patch was applied to the three files of TTMENU.dat, r4patch.dat, and ttpatch.dat files. You must use these files together after this.

Credit to Rudolph.
"

I found this on a forum. It works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo