DS #5294: Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi (Japan)

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
raptordio said:
WildArms you have no idea what you are talking about, the game needs a book and it needs a special one at that, the one that came with the game that was dumped otherwise you can't play the game.

Are you insane? Why would they do that? besides i cant imagine the game being released with those books outside of japan. If you dont belive me check out other pages.

Its the same freaking book the MC has, its a bonus, LEVEL 5 is expecting great things from this game so its obvious they would go this far for this game. Its true that like any other bonus this is a good antipiracy measurement, i would like to get that book for sure, but its not necessary...

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/08/level...-of-ni-no-kuni/

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/06/comme...etches-to-life/

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/19/take-...e-magical-tome/

Use google if you want, the book is not necessary to play the game, the spells are in oliver's(?) i think that was his name, book.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Book AP
biggrin.gif

PDFs ftw
yay.gif

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
stanleyopar2000 said:
*Sigh*

another glorious game that will never experience the joys of localization

dont worry, there are a lot of chances for this game to get localized, even more now because LEVEL-5 opened a base on the US
biggrin.gif
Even inazuma eleven (the first one) has already been announced for a localization but i think it will be by nintendo...

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
WildArms said:
raptordio said:
WildArms you have no idea what you are talking about, the game needs a book and it needs a special one at that, the one that came with the game that was dumped otherwise you can't play the game.

Are you insane? Why would they do that? besides i cant imagine the game being released with those books outside of japan. If you dont belive me check out other pages.

stanleyopar2000 said:
*Sigh*

another glorious game that will never experience the joys of localization

QUOTE(Toki~ @ Dec 8 2010, 05:36 PM)
http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/07/le...o_north_america

It's comming to the us at some point.

ONM has it pencilled in for a UK release November next year, book and all

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who think there's some kind of book AP, don't know how Japanese culture works. The NDS is popular because of it's portability. Especially on long long train rides to your school/work. My own train ride to my high school was about 45 minutes. And talking on your cell phone is a big NO in Japan, so portable gaming, whether on an NDS/PSP or on your phones are very popular in Japan (The entire ROID gaming platform from Level5 leverages the mobile phone market)

Carrying around a book would be entirely counter productive to how your core audience interacts with the device. It's not like the code wheels of days of old which had to be sitting around your computer anyways (that's assuming you didn't lose it, throw it away, got it wet, the dog ate it, etc etc). If you're in school you're already carrying around all your textbooks, you really don't need yet another thing to lug around.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
The book isn't exactly an A4 document, it's the size of the box and thus is as portable as the DS itself...

There is an online shop where you can download one new mission a week for a year

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
doyama said:
For those who think there's some kind of book AP, don't know how Japanese culture works. The NDS is popular because of it's portability. Especially on long long train rides to your school/work. My own train ride to my high school was about 45 minutes. And talking on your cell phone is a big NO in Japan, so portable gaming, whether on an NDS/PSP or on your phones are very popular in Japan (The entire ROID gaming platform from Level5 leverages the mobile phone market)

Carrying around a book would be entirely counter productive to how your core audience interacts with the device. It's not like the code wheels of days of old which had to be sitting around your computer anyways (that's assuming you didn't lose it, throw it away, got it wet, the dog ate it, etc etc). If you're in school you're already carrying around all your textbooks, you really don't need yet another thing to lug around.

Yeah man, some people just dont understand, is too obvious for their minds, what if your dog eats the book?, you spill water on it? it get wets when it rains, lose it?
You... can't beat the game then? Do you guys really think someone would sell something like this to the masses? It's a bonus, the same book the MC char has, is like when you brough, dunno, demon souls, and it brough a book with info? Or anything else at all, grownlance 4 pre order bonus, etc

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:
The book isn't exactly an A4 document, it's the size of the box and thus is as portable as the DS itself...

There is an online shop where you can download one new mission a week for a year

The irony is that this AP would work only in the region where it would be most inappropriate. I used to go to used game stores in Japan, and it was astounding the conditions of these things. Boxes with only very minor blemishes, and non-dog-eared manuals were common. CD's with no scratches. Even rental books, CD's, games were in pristine condition all around. One could hardly even tell the difference between used and new, other than the lack of shrink wrapping. Not to say that some weren't in bad condition or missing boxes and manuals. But this was the exception, not the rule, aside from say vintage stuff.

Go to a Gamestop and get a used game. You've won the lottery if it comes with a manual at all. Let alone one that doesn't have half the pages ripped out or looks like it went through a washing machine. I know the Gamestop people were shocked when I brought in my old GBA games, with boxes, manuals and games all intact and in good condition. How long do you think a manual would last inside the backpack of a typical American child? I'd hazard the half-life of such a book would be measured in days
tongue.gif

res1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WildArms said:
Yeah man, some people just dont understand, is too obvious for their minds, what if your dog eats the book?, you spill water on it? it get wets when it rains, lose it?
You... can't beat the game then? Do you guys really think someone would sell something like this to the masses? It's a bonus, the same book the MC char has, is like when you brough, dunno, demon souls, and it brough a book with info? Or anything else at all, grownlance 4 pre order bonus, etc

Funny, 'cause I've just played some 40 minutes and was asked to draw the rune for a fireball, as shown on page 50 in the book. When you click on the book you have in your inventory it refers you to your physical copy. So yeah, some people...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On an unrelated note. I can't seem to get it working on no$gba. Just says "Fatal -rom image has crashed".

I'm just playing around with it, so not sure if no$gba can't handle such big roms, or if it's any AP kicking in? Just curious if anyone else has tried.

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Has anyone tried to see if it works in R4? WOOD's last firmware.

As far as ive read, they are assuming that this will be necessary, as for LEVEL 5 had shown, they only said that it will be a more fulfilling experience with it, it seems there may be some extra stuff/information you can get with the book, but as one of the pages you pasted said

"The message from the developer seems to be that the game experience is incomplete without the book.
(...)It will be very easy for the book to become either too essential or too unnecessary.
"

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To everyone with the acekard thing

It's because of the rom size, it can be fixed by reflashing your card

I think it's related to the SD card, can't remember how to fix it
Check the AK section or ask

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OMG!! I NEED PLAY THIS GAME!!!
But... oh my god... the Wood 1.19 release a few days , the wood 1.20 else ... will delay

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Pablo3DS said:
OMG!! I NEED PLAY THIS GAME!!!
But... oh my god... the Wood 1.19 release a few days , the wood 1.20 else ... will delay

I wonder if wood 1.19 would be able to play it though, since it released the fix for newer games... im still in 1.18
ohnoes.png
gotta update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here