DS #4703: Estpolis: The Lands Cursed by the Gods (Japan)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mrfatso said:
darn, i wish my knowledge of japanese was more than 1 year of crash course.

and haiz, i thought that girl was selena. But hmm, if this is similar to lufia 2 story, i guess tia and maxim will break up in the not so distant future.

i am not sure about that
tongue.gif

but the girl surely is awful with cooking
after maxim got her a HARP
then she cooked for maxim
i wasn't paying attention but i saw her she smack something real hard until maxim was shocked

later on.. she presented a dish to maxim
it was some brownish dish
a huge one

maxim was like... Uhhhh....

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
oo, hmm, if i recalled correctly, maxim and that girl who cooks and live with him, do have some feeling, so yay, i guess this will mean that i can expect a new story
biggrin.gif

So, anyway, is there any new skills in this game and if so,how do u get new skills?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mrfatso said:
oo, hmm, if i recalled correctly, maxim and that girl who cooks and live with him, do have some feeling, so yay, i guess this will mean that i can expect a new story
biggrin.gif

So, anyway, is there any new skills in this game and if so,how do u get new skills?

i yet to explore the game that much
i think it can be upgraded from the lab...
not sure
was rushing through to check the AP

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mrfatso said:
i didnt received pic 1 and 3,but i keep getting 2
frown.gif

Is it fixed now...?

by the way, for those who are playing this game..
what do you all think about it?
worth the replay or what?

i didn't play the old version
so i think i might give this a try even though the graphic is a little ermm
sorry high expectation from Square Enix

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nope, didnt work for me, it's the same save data cannot be access stuff. O well, guess i wait for new firmware update either from edge or acekard.

And elixir, if you do play lufia 2, just one small hint, overgrinding pays greatly for this game. Also, make sure u make a save state before any boss fight and if the next hit is the finishing, make a save state there and keep reloading, simply because the boss do have rare drops and some of the item are really great.

Catfish gem ftw
biggrin.gif
Guess i play that one of these days, hopefully by now, i would have figure out that bomb puzzle solution, which is one small issue i have with the game, some of the puzzle are a piece of cake, while others are pretty frustrating.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mrfatso said:
nope, didnt work for me, it's the same save data cannot be access stuff. O well, guess i wait for new firmware update either from edge or acekard.

And elixir, if you do play lufia 2, just one small hint, overgrinding pays greatly for this game. Also, make sure u make a save state before any boss fight and if the next hit is the finishing, make a save state there and keep reloading, simply because the boss do have rare drops and some of the item are really great.

Catfish gem ftw
biggrin.gif
Guess i play that one of these days, hopefully by now, i would have figure out that bomb puzzle solution, which is one small issue i have with the game, some of the puzzle are a piece of cake, while others are pretty frustrating.

thanks for the hint ....

the first boss was crazy! i know we might meant to lose
but it was a little hard to jump on to his hand to whack the thing
out of 20 tries
i was able to hit him once
and it was just a meager 7pts damage

i hope the rest of the boss won't be as crazy as this
otherwise, 1 hit kill code
tongue.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mrfatso said:
hey, on the bright side, if its like lufia 2, u probably get rewarded for being able to kill him(but wow, this early in game, i am impressed or should i be annoyed?)

haahhahaha.. no idea mate..
since i don't like using cheats while gaming
so we won't know until i decided to go nasty and restart the game with a 1 hit kill code:)

anyway, i am out !! ZZzzz *SICK*

lenaleelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Demonbart said:
lenaleelee said:
ok, I think im gonna make you guys VERY happy. I found this link on a Japanese site, with a patch:Estpolis CRC Change Patch from [C8A85A8B] to [5E9060DF].

get it here.

these are the steps:
1. Download the CRC edit and use it on your rom.
2. Apply the Childs play patch, here.(if you're using R4, then use the "For R4" patch.
3.Patch the rom and it should work,if not, there are some extra files (might make it work if it still doesn't, here)

Hope I Helped!
biggrin.gif
Anyone confirmed this to be working?
I'm gonna test it, I'll report back to you whether or not it worked.

Thats strange, lets see...It works for me on R4 now , im lvl 12 ;D,so it IS working and i tested myself , ill talk u trough how I did it.

1-i downloaded the ROM and dragged only the .nds file to my desktop.
2-after I did that, I dragged the CRC patch AND the .txt file in it to my desktop(maybe thats where you went wrong. you HAVE to drag out the .txt file from the CRC patch too.
3- i dragged my .nds Estpolis ROM on the patch, and after a short while it said 100% and what LOOKS like an error message,
however, it just says patching is complete(note: if it gives a window when the patching is still at 0% this time, it still failed, but if it does on 100%, it worked for you now.)
4- after you completed the CRC patching, you drag out the Childs play patch ( drag out patcher only)
5- rename your .nds ROM to : Estpolis.nds(says so in the childs patch read me) and drag it to the patcher to patch it.

It should work now YOU DONT USE YSMENU!! cos normally some games work with it, but in this case, it only works without ysmenu on my NDS

Hope i helped u dood
biggrin.gif

lenaleelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
elixirdream said:
patchfails3.png

patched and success

patchfails2.png

CRC not found/seen

patchfails.png

patch fails

---

if you get a few lines of japanese
that means you didn't have this ????.txt + OpenPatch.exe in the same folder

well, the .txt for the CRC patch is in the file for me, i dragged them both out to the desktop and patched my rom there , and it worked : /

davidv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lenaleelee said:
ok, I think im gonna make you guys VERY happy. I found this link on a Japanese site, with a patch:Estpolis CRC Change Patch from [C8A85A8B] to [5E9060DF].

get it here.

these are the steps:
2. Apply the Childs play patch, here.(if you're using R4, then use the "For R4" patch.
3.Patch the rom and it should work,if not, there are some extra files (might make it work if it still doesn't, here)

Hope I Helped!
biggrin.gif

I tried this patch and i get a white screen at being loaded ( using r4+ysmenu)

lenaleelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davidv said:
lenaleelee said:

get it here.

these are the steps:

Hope I Helped!
biggrin.gif

I tried this patch and i get a white screen at being loaded ( using r4+ysmenu)

I just repost my message + the addition of how i did it(the message above yours) and also: It only works WITHOUT Ysmenu, I tried it with ys 1st too, but when I didnt , it worked so try without YSmenu
biggrin.gif

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lenaleelee said:
Demonbart said:
lenaleelee said:

get it here.

these are the steps:

Hope I Helped!
biggrin.gif
Anyone confirmed this to be working?
I'm gonna test it, I'll report back to you whether or not it worked.

Thats strange, lets see...It works for me on R4 now , im lvl 12 ;D,so it IS working and i tested myself , ill talk u trough how I did it.

1-i downloaded the ROM and dragged only the .nds file to my desktop.
2-after I did that, I dragged the CRC patch AND the .txt file in it to my desktop(maybe thats where you went wrong. you HAVE to drag out the .txt file from the CRC patch too.
3- i dragged my .nds Estpolis ROM on the patch, and after a short while it said 100% and what LOOKS like an error message,
however, it just says patching is complete(note: if it gives a window when the patching is still at 0% this time, it still failed, but if it does on 100%, it worked for you now.)
4- after you completed the CRC patching, you drag out the Childs play patch ( drag out patcher only)
5- rename your .nds ROM to : Estpolis.nds(says so in the childs patch read me) and drag it to the patcher to patch it.

It should work now YOU DONT USE YSMENU!! cos normally some games work with it, but in this case, it only works without ysmenu on my NDS

Hope i helped u dood
biggrin.gif
I still get white screens. Oh well, unless a real, working patch comes along soon, I'll wait for the english version.

Magris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain to me how to get this to work on no$gba?
When I try loading the rom, all I get is a white screen.
And when I start the game from the boot-up screen, it says image crashed.

I've read the thread multiple times and I just got confused. So if it's possible, anyone want to give a step-by-step guide as to how to make this work with no$gba?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo