DS #4703: Estpolis: The Lands Cursed by the Gods (Japan)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
This is getting interesting
i guess being sick = giving me the opportunity to rush the game a little
tongue.gif

i realised there are altogether 6 characters in this game
will they be joining us on the battle field or what?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
oO, that's is being to sound plausible that the capsule monsters are back, i wonder though, if that's true, how good are the AI? will they be retarded and spam skills on the air, will they be killing themselves all the time or will they be decent and attack on the same target?

Anyway, looking at the trailer, it seems like u be controlling 1 player but, u can tap(?) on your ally pic to carry on chaining hits on your enemy.

anyway, let me count characters that i think they will be in there: Maxim, tia, selena, guy, kavar(that muscle dude) and i think that's all i know, so maybe last slot is capsule monster
smile.gif

Norther said:
mrfatso said:
hmm, i guess one of them that we know is on a clean rom, we will get a save data error as soon as the game booted up.

As for me, i just blame unlucky for this:

After i have arm-7 patched the game with sim city (J), i was able to play untill i reached the next area, talked to everyone, but as soon as i try to left the town, i gotten a black screen with the music still playing.

Hi! mrfatso,

May i ask you a question? How do resolve the black screen which occure to you when playing for a while? I face the same problem as you. I use ak2i with akaio 1.5.1.

Thank you in advance.

i have no idea, that's why i am just asking for some info on other lufia 2 related stuff like is there capsule monster and hoping that the next akaio fixes this game.

In the meantime, i guess u can play other games for the time being, try the zelda clone, shounen ____ ____, it's pretty fun, but just a note, u wouldnt be able to save till u gotten your lawn mower(as i like to called it, u might called it your handy dandy boomerang)

dirk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Characters in the original Lufia 2:
Maxim
Tia -> Leaves party later in the game after
Selan and Maxim marry
Guy
Dekar (had blue hair in the original) leaves after a certain event
Lexis -> Temporary party member till you reach the elves
Artea -> Joins after Lexis leaves

PhatalPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juskaz said:
OK heres how I got this game to work on no$gba. First get a clean copy of the game, download the CRC edit patch and apply it. Use the latest No$zoomer and turn on EX0-4. Set the emulator Reset/Startup Entry point to GBA BIOS and run the game. Don't know if you need to do all that, but that's how I got it to work.
Thank you very much! My problem was that I did the CRC patch, but then used the universal Rudolph patch afterwards. I should have ignored the second patch and tried it in 2.6a. Thanks!

cjcuri8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I figured out how to get past the bsod in the second town for Acekard users. Just hold X while moving into the next part of town. Unfortunately I think you have to do this for all black screens after that. Otherwise it works perfectly. I've only tried this on the arm7 fix so far, probably would work for the CRC patch.

Edit: Forget that, only works if you don't save.

Norther

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
cjcuri8 said:
Ok I figured out how to get past the bsod in the second town for Acekard users. Just hold X while moving into the next part of town. Unfortunately I think you have to do this for all black screens after that. Otherwise it works perfectly. I've only tried this on the arm7 fix so far, probably would work for the CRC patch.

Edit: Forget that, only works if you don't save.

Hi!!

What do you mean that "work if don't save"?

Thank you.

hadokenstyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there-
Great thread to everyone and thanks for the hard work in making this possible...

Anywho, running R4 (authentic) and did the first patch, then the child's play patch. I got the game to load and it shows the Nintendo and Squeenix logos, then the screen stays black after that. Any ideas?

Thanks!

lenaleelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hadokenstyle said:
Hey there-
Great thread to everyone and thanks for the hard work in making this possible...

Anywho, running R4 (authentic) and did the first patch, then the child's play patch. I got the game to load and it shows the Nintendo and Squeenix logos, then the screen stays black after that. Any ideas?

Thanks!
well first,lemme ask, u using YSmenu?

hadokenstyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lenaleelee said:
hadokenstyle said:
Hey there-

Thanks!
well first,lemme ask, u using YSmenu?

No, just R4 1.27 (it's SDHC so scratch my 'authentic,' but that shouldn't make a big difference from what I've read?)? I read a lot of posts saying some fixes won't work w/ YSmenu.
It seems weird though, because it loads and get to those screens and just stops... @_@

gazghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSTT and I can not get rid of the white screen.

With CRC change and patch = error = 4 message

Added the other files to the TTmenu = white screen.

Any success guys?

pokemonxd8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOW TO FIX ESTPOLIS ON DSTT CARD: First Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83IJE938 Then put on the three files: extinfo.dat file, infolib.dat file, and savlib.dat file in your TTmenu Folder and replace it. Don't worry, I thought it would mess up my card but it didn't. After you are done putting the files in, test out the game. NO YSMENU. Plain TTDS menu and try it out. YSmenu doesn't work. It gives a white screen for Estpolis. PM me If you still have problems. biggrin.gif Peace! biggrin.gif IF YOU WANT THIS PATCH TO WORK: Download this firmware for DSTT: http://happydone.com/tti-v117a07.html

THEN THATS when you replace the three files: extinfo.dat file, infolib.dat file, and savlib.dat file in your TTmenu Folder and replace it. This should work now... if it doesn't work, I don't know what else to tell you, I'm only 11 yrs. old.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works great through the first dungeon on my M3 DS Real. Including saving.

For those that are wondering who's who compared to Lufia II, use this website and my listing. I can give you most of the characters:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/est/
Click skip on the intro video, then click on character. The list is currently:

Maxim, Serena (Selan), Gadess (Gades), Tia, Guy, Artea (Arty), Dekar, Iris, ?, ?, ?, Lexas

The 3 ?s are new characters, as far as I can tell. I don't remember them in the original game.

gazghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemonxd8 said:
HOW TO FIX ESTPOLIS ON DSTT CARD: First Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83IJE938 Then put on the three files: extinfo.dat file, infolib.dat file, and savlib.dat file in your TTmenu Folder and replace it. Don't worry, I thought it would mess up my card but it didn't. After you are done putting the files in, test out the game. NO YSMENU. Plain TTDS menu and try it out. YSmenu doesn't work. It gives a white screen for Estpolis. PM me If you still have problems. biggrin.gif Peace! biggrin.gif IF YOU WANT THIS PATCH TO WORK: Download this firmware for DSTT: http://happydone.com/tti-v117a07.html

THEN THATS when you replace the three files: extinfo.dat file, infolib.dat file, and savlib.dat file in your TTmenu Folder and replace it. This should work now... if it doesn't work, I don't know what else to tell you, I'm only 11 yrs. old.

I had the 1.17 kernel, I will try this update and get back to you. Thanks for the info. *

gazghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gazghost said:
pokemonxd8 said:

I had the 1.17 kernel, I will try this update and get back to you. Thanks for the info. *

lenaleelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ elixirdream
You seem to be pretty far in, Can you maybe help me??
I just cured a sick girl in that snowy city by getting a flower for her and now I dont know what do do next.
Can you tell me what the next few steps are???
Thanking you in advance
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?