DS #4492: Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes (USA)

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
one of the games i waited for, hopefully the gameplay is great:. can't wait for a fix to be released to play it:.
yay.gif

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was quite looking forward to this but now having watched the video I think I'll pass. I thought it would be action, hack n slash based like the version I've got on my mobile, there's so many tactical or turn based rpg's on the DS, now here's another one. Thankfully I've got Fighting Fantasy to play.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
cruddybuddy said:
Normmatt said:
BoxShot said:
Normmatt said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
outgum said:
I'd assume it has a few, i mean, look at the recent Megaman that came out?
Didnt that have 3?

i think its safe to say Nintendo or Ubisoft has stepped up there Ap's
That's true, COP had like 5? Give or take and Mario and Luigi RPG 3 had like 6 (right my memory is a bit fuzzy) so yeah I would say this game is going to have more than one installed in like some of the levels like in COP

COP had 140 actually.
blink.gif
I knew that you said combat of the giant dragons (or something like that) had 80 something or so but really COP has a 140? ..... What's next .... 300?

Try over 400, this game as well over 400 checks
tongue.gif

Actually, this game is split into two groups of 320 checks each. That's a total of 640 checks in total. It will take quite some time to find them all. However, progress is being made. It is reported that 7 checks have already been fixed.

Wherever you get your information it fails you. There are 467 checks in this game.
Don't talk about shit you know nothing about.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Is that ~400 times the same function that they just called inline or did they really write that insane amount of different checks? I assume you can automate this process... but isn't there just so much you can vary in that kind of code?

dalboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the supercard the only card that has this clean mode?
I mean it seems to be able to play roms that other cards like mine(EZ Flash Vi) are having trouble with.

Thanks in advance

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
enarky said:
Is that ~400 times the same function that they just called inline or did they really write that insane amount of different checks? I assume you can automate this process... but isn't there just so much you can vary in that kind of code?

They all differ in different ways, and no it cannot be automated.

Shenglong200x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I think we might actually have been encountering this supposed Super AP for the last few months.
Well, The massive amount of extra checks suggests to me that it's not just 'normal' copy protection...
Although, A good form of copy protection will always be CHEAPER GAMES.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More strategy, puzzle adventure than RPG. Looks completely different to other Might & Magic games.

Matsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nippun.aevi.pl
XP
Country
Poland
As for the CycloDS, Team Cyclops released a new BETA today, with release notes saying:
QUOTE said:
Regarding recent Ubisoft releases - these games incorporate a whole new form of protection and we are currently working on a generic fix. In the meantime, please use the pre-patched releases which are available (assuming of course that you own an original copy of the corresponding game!).
Until then Cyclo users will have to wait for Ubisoft game patches like everyone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Kirbydogs, wut