DS #3848: Indiana Jones and The Staff of Kings (USA)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A2M developed this, the best game they made was Iron Man DS which was only good when you had the flying levels.

There was some screens some time ago but I can't find them no more, they did show that it had some good 3D in there, probably looked like shit when in motion though.

Will give it a try, wont take long to get.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yeah I can't find any screens either. I saw the gamefaqs ones and got all excited then realised they were screens from the Atlantis Scumm game
frown.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh...I'll still put this game through its paces. I love discovering a decent action adventure on DS. You never know...could be good.
unsure.gif

dearodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
I don't like it... just played the training and first area and it's horrible.
Have to agree ... big let down for me .. the Wii version is way better. Will try the PSP in a few minutes

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
PSP is awesome because you can play i faster and its smaller than downloading the same game for Wii on a BT site that will take longer.

im on the level to kill lame duck....kinda stuck actually.
'

i cant vouch for the DS version.

my AK2i has YET TO GET HERE FROM HONG KONG POST. and my DS Lite power switch broke. making my R4 useless for now till it get it fixed.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like about the same engine as that Jedi Alliance game. A little less responsive though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is typical of a A2M game, sounds like they put more effort into the Wii version.

Not good, give it a try by all means but its bad.

mewcuss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The last posts summed up the game pretty well. Lucas fArts should have released Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis or a similar point and click adventure instead.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mewcuss said:
The last posts summed up the game pretty well. Lucas fArts should have released Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis or a similar point and click adventure instead.

I still haven't tried this game yet, but yeah, it might have been pretty cool to see them go back to their legacy a bit and use this as a vehicle for a good adventure game. Still, it's Indy -- you've got to have some action in there. He's got a whip, after all.

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fight control ruins the game. Holding down the LEFT shoulder button and sliding the stylus horizontally or vertically for 5 minutes is not fun. More shovelware... too bad.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I don't mind this game so much. Forced touchscreen controls aren't my favorite, but the game seems playable enough. So far it looks to be pretty linear, which means just sorta walking through it. I haven't encountered anything too difficult yet.

I'm gonna need to play it more before I really know if it's decent enough to continue playing.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to say I don't think this game is too bad, it's definitely not what I'd call shovelware. Graphics are ok like Jedi Alliance and yeah it is linear, the puzzles are quite interesting and as for the fighting if you can pick something up or use your whip or gun they're over in seconds. There are little areas to explore and boxes to break for items, I wouldn't pay £30 for it but it's worth a download.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...