DS #3848: Indiana Jones and The Staff of Kings (USA)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone uploaded some gameplay clips of the DS version. It's clearly being taken on an emulator, but seems to give a somewhat good idea of how the game plays-

I really don't think it looks very good. Anyone wanting a really good Indy kick on DS should use ScummVM DS with Fate of Atlantic. That's your best bet if you want fun.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Didn't expect much-but I REALLY like it! Like the controls, and the graphics- but maybe that's because I'm a fan of 3D DS games. So for me it's unexpectedly good-just cannot put it down. Didn't try the Wii version, but I think it's definately better than the PSP one- at least levels are not 7 minutes each.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
How different are the DS and PSP versions? Are they completely different games?

Ouisch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
How different are the DS and PSP versions? Are they completely different games?

Completely different judging by the gameplay vid posted above.

I've tried the psp version, and it was horse ****.

Each level is ~3 min long, there are 35 of something of them, and none of them actually hold your interest, even for the limited time. Can't see how the DS version would be much worse.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
I may take it for a spin later - I've got lego battles on my card but haven't tried it yet

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
TraumaHoundNDS said:
When you get the little journal icon in the corner it says your journal has been updated but I can't seem to find a way to open the journal. Or is it just indicating when my score has changed?

As I understand it, the journal icon appears when you have a new objective in the level- in other words, to tell you where to go next. The "photo" of your next destination appears on the top screen, right? But the the actual is on the touch screen, so the joujournal icon is there to tell you to look at the top screen
smile.gif

P.S.I tried 3 versions of the game and liked the DS one the most. Wii version has awful controls and the PSP one- laughable 5-minutes levels.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
After some extended time with the game I'm diggin' it. It's not perfect, it's not the best game ever, but it's definitely reminiscent of the adventure games I was playing (and loving) back in the mid-80's.

I think the DS' touch screen is great for this as it's the closest to using a mouse. The comicbook-feel to the cut scenes is pretty cool and the music is, of course, VERY Indiana Jones. I didn't think I would like the fighting system but I think it works and keeps one from switching from stylus-control to button-mashing.

I give it 4/5 stars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1