DS #3517: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (USA)

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
OGTiago said:
Apparently, save file size is 1 MegaByte. Cards can't handele that.

Skinning it down equals a 64k save. Makes sense.

QUOTE(UofG2000 @ Mar 13 2009, 09:01 PM) If it is a 1 MB save issue, how is it that is works on the DS-x of all things? Irony, me and the 11 other people that have working DS-Xes can't play it, yet I can't play it on my new Cyclo. What a world.

Uhmm actually Daigassou! Band Brothers DX uses 8 mb saves and it works on Ys menu and on a custom R4 1.18 Firmware

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
...ALSO, this deity named "Narin" that you all worship can not save you. This is a save/load issue and can only be fixed via firmware update!

rofl2.gif

Not even if we slaughter a goat in his name?

rugdoctors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think you need to use an unmodified rom...higher probablility of compatibility if your card supports "native" .nds roms? As a guess...

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UofG2000 said:
If it is a 1 MB save issue, how is it that is works on the DS-x of all things? Irony, me and the 11 other people that have working DS-Xes can't play it, yet I can't play it on my new Cyclo. What a world.

You mean it does work with the DS-X? because my first thought after my cyclo didnt work was to pull it out of the drawer and try if it worked because I remember it didnt have a default save size, it just makes it however big the save actually is. Exept, what I thought would happen, happened. The game itself wont run because the DS-X hasnt had a FW update in ages. It just flashes a something that i cant read really quick (somethin about turn off the ds) then locks up. I would imagine it would work if i could get the game to run. Any ideas how?

itachi1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello ppl, nice to meet ya all, i'm new at the forum but not at the website, the helped me so much. ;]

Well, we got a game that works only on Superdcard, and as it was told, a patch will not make miracle. I tried converting the RAW save game from the no$gba, but it gets me the same message. Then i will ask for the Supercard users to post your save games, we gotta try converting a flashcart save game, in order to definitely take the real conclusions.

So, one more time, Supercard user's, please, post for us your savegame. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
entraik said:
so..basically there is no hope of this working on a cyclods?

well a little birdie told me there may be an update tommorow moring... but i'm not sure...

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Oh well, I guess I won't be playing on M3 REAL for now. Don't really mind, as I am not much of a GTA fan.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean Narin can't save us?
frown.gif

He saved my dog from the Zombie Ninja Terrorists!!! HE CAN DO ANYTHING WITH HIS MOOGLE POWERS!!

lol.. I'm sure a solution for most flashcards will appear eventually..

And if not, this is a game worth buying
smile.gif

itachi1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
entraik said:
so..basically there is no hope of this working on a cyclods?

You'r all getting wrong, as was said, i think that a update will get it to work, but i think it's not as simply as we think... i guess the cards have no compatibility for 1mb save, and it has to be implemented. (in fact no$gba runs using 8k savegame, however the game says it's 1mb O.o, correct me if i'm wrong please ^^)

In time the game will work perfectly in most flashcart, we just need to wait, bcuz there's no computer that can't be tricked xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you