DS #3517: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (USA)

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just because the game freezes after the select save option, this doesnt mean that it has anything to do with save type because the game doesnt even save at this point, it first saves after you have completed the first mission.

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
sumoka said:
maybe this means nothing to you but it worked for me using save type EEPROM 64/512Kbit
smileipb2.png

i don't get where 1mb is coming from
wacko.gif

oh and using fire card

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My RPG lists the save size as 512k (64KB), and it plays and saves perfectly.

Posts merged

My RPG lists the save save as 512k (64KB), and it plays and saves perfectly.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dib said:
There is no patch required if your cart doesn't suck. The game works fine for me.

Every time it's the same thing with the R4 kids. Game comes out, they all flock here trying to get it to work. Try buying a non crappy flash cart next time.

Also nice job posting a rom site, Blaze163.

sigh, you're hating on something because it's popular..everyone knows that makes you cooler!. The R4 manages with most games just fine, which is why I don't need to buy a new flash cart. Sometimes it requires a fix or whatever but it's worth it...to play a game for free. Don't just put everyone with an R4 into a group and judge them, that's ridiculous and immature.

the firelink card apparently works fine...which you'd probably consider a crappy card
rolleyes.gif
and it's not working on some of the newer fancier cards.

The guy offering only the patch to staff - how would you like it if the person who dumped the rom only shared it with people of certain status? Most people that work on patches/hacks/fixes realise that some people will not thank them, they are actually cool with this and don't expect every single person to post thanking them. Humans usually act like humans, not everyone is going to be polite no matter what.

I've tried the save file from that certain website mentioned previously, no workies on R4.

Just wanted to say thank you to the people that have acted calmly and helped answer questions, posted their trial and errors and that are working on getting the fixes/patches out. you guys are awesome

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gatesphere said:
@DJPlace: which little birdie
wink.gif

crap you know who i am?!? well let's just pray that it will be fixed or else us people who praite are going have to suck it up and etheir buy it or not have it...

Gigen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think something willl be released soon, because it's impossible that who owns the R4 (80% of the ppl) can't play this...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
A generic patch could be made that replaced the normal save routines with DLDI based ones, but it would be far more complicated than a simple anti-piracy crack. Not to mention the fact that most carts probably won't automatically DLDI patch commercial roms, only homebrew.

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
Just because the game freezes after the select save option, this doesnt mean that it has anything to do with save type because the game doesnt even save at this point, it first saves after you have completed the first mission.
thank you for being one of the few people who figured this out besides me

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DivineZeus said:
Works great on SCDS1 with all patches disabled and it's multilanguage, i think multi 5 (my DS is setted in italian)... Supercard team rules!
tongue.gif

That's weird, I tried with all the settings disabled but it's still a no go on the SD. You're using V2.69 correct? arg, no matter what I do it locks up after I select one of the two save files.

just to clarify, you didn't trim the rom?

QUOTE(heatmiser @ Mar 14 2009, 02:50 PM) Has anyone gotten this to work with a Supercard CF or SD? If so, can you please post the options you used?
Thanks!
I don't think so... I think I've literrally tried all the options but still nothing.

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
IrishModchips said:
GTA CHINATOWN WARS OFFICIALLY WORKING ON SUPERCARD DS ONE!

At the start when you turn on your DS with your supercard, go to the GTA nds file on the top screen, then in the bottom screen you will see the file information, at the right hand side you will see ''SET PATCH'' click that, and you will notice that the top one is ''ENABLE PATCH'; which is ticked, well untick that and start the game!!

The Supercard rules!

SO GOOD!!!
yaynds.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
hmmm......why cant narin save us? he could chuck in a code that doesnt save so it wouldnt write to the file.....of course this means we cant save either......

UofG2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@CheatingSoi - Yes I meant it does work on DS-X patched with Arm7 from maxcrashmethod, the post was related to The Hulk.
So DS-X - yes it works patched, but that was pretty much the case for the last 6 months. I didn't even bother to try it unpatched
CycloDS - I didn't bother testing based on what others said

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
MADKATZ99 said:
DivineZeus said:
Works great on SCDS1 with all patches disabled and it's multilanguage, i think multi 5 (my DS is setted in italian)... Supercard team rules!
tongue.gif

That's weird, I tried with all the settings disabled but it's still a no go on the SD. You're using V2.69 correct? arg, no matter what I do it locks up after I select one of the two save files.

just to clarify, you didn't trim the rom?

QUOTE(heatmiser @ Mar 14 2009, 02:50 PM) Has anyone gotten this to work with a Supercard CF or SD? If so, can you please post the options you used?
Thanks!
I don't think so... I think I've literrally tried all the options but still nothing.

He is talking about SCDS1 (Slot1) and not SC SD (Slot2).

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
M3 Real just had a firmware update like yesterday so we arent going to get one for at least another few weeks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ