DS #3517: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (USA)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so I might have fractured a rule or two but as I stated my intention was to alert people to the file in the hope that it might help a few people.

Any word on getting this up and running on a cyclo yet? It's comic relief night so there's not a damn thing on the telly. Seems unfair that it works for some cards but not others.

UofG2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

I didn't even bother to try it on my Cyclo DS 1.54 beta 4 based on what others are saying. I did try it on my good ol DS-X and it worked. I used the old max crash method to patch the file using DSlazy and the arm 7 file that was included in the max crash method. I think if you can search the forums, since they are slow this method was used on the "Hulk" game. DS-x is at the last version they released 1.13 , and I was able to autosave on the first apartment scene. Then I manually saved the game, did another mission, manually saved again in the apt. Turned off the DS-X and turned on again and save game was still there and working.

What you know DS-X was right, there product was future proof!

It will be nice when it works on the Cyclo DS though, although I have to admit, it looks just like GTA 1 and GTA 2, no insult to the developers. I actually downloaded GTA 1 and 2 for free from rockstargames/classics this morning, not knowing this was released ahead of schedule. I was hoping for some nostaglia.

Cheers

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goshogun1 said:
dib said:
There is no patch required if your cart doesn't suck. The game works fine for me.

Every time it's the same thing with the R4 kids. Game comes out, they all flock here trying to get it to work. Try buying a non crappy flash cart next time.

Also nice job posting a rom site, Blaze163.

Thanks for the advice on making me realize how much my card, and the cards of many other people who cant get it to work sucks. I appreciate it. Oh, and pray tell what is your cart?
mellow.gif
It gets ridiculous after the umpteenth time. Every game lately seems like it gets these same posts "How do I make it work on my R4" "will somebody give me a patch" "I sure hope somebody else fixes this for me" "How do I work Ysmenu" "I can't get cheat codes to work to circumvent the protection"

Go buy a new card already.

Enkeixpress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dib said:
Goshogun1 said:
dib said:
There is no patch required if your cart doesn't suck. The game works fine for me.

Every time it's the same thing with the R4 kids. Game comes out, they all flock here trying to get it to work. Try buying a non crappy flash cart next time.

Thanks for the advice on making me realize how much my card, and the cards of many other people who cant get it to work sucks. I appreciate it. Oh, and pray tell what is your cart?
mellow.gif
It gets ridiculous after the umpteenth time. Every game lately seems like it gets these same posts "How do I make it work on my R4" "will somebody give me a patch" "I sure hope somebody else fixes this for me" "How do I work Ysmenu" "I can't get cheat codes to work to circumvent the protection"

Alright, now you can just Shut Up because that was a very retarded response..

I used to use a M3DS Simply but now I've upgraded to a M3 Real since it's the latest and it's very popular.. not to mention, a quality flashcart... It plays all the DS roms available.

so don't start going around flaming other flashcarts just because your one can run a certain DS game.. Thats pathetic. All people need is a patch of some sort, so give them a break!

As far as I'm concerned, The best flashcarts out there are the R4 & M3DS cards.

I'm sure this same shit has happened with your gay card in the past also!

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
dib said:
Goshogun1 said:
dib said:

mellow.gif

That would be a great rant if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't actually work on most flashcarts.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
works like a mother licking charm on supercard SD WOO!!!...until you get upto the 'enable auto save options' then goes black
dry.gif

With enable restart and trim on, the rest off... I'll try some different settings
frown.gif

llee8820

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitoui said:
What a fantastic birthday present.

Works great with SCDS1
biggrin.gif

Really really good game, spent ages just buying drugs and going back and forth selling them to different dealers. Getting rid of cops is fantastic also.

May I ask how you got it to work with your supercard ds one?

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I patched the rom with Arm7 fix and loaded the No$GBA converted file, and after Rockstar logo got a black screen

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
llee8820 said:
pitoui said:
What a fantastic birthday present.

Works great with SCDS1
biggrin.gif

Really really good game, spent ages just buying drugs and going back and forth selling them to different dealers. Getting rid of cops is fantastic also.

May I ask how you got it to work with your supercard ds one?
In the Set Patch disable all options.

UofG2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it is a 1 MB save issue, how is it that is works on the DS-x of all things? Irony, me and the 11 other people that have working DS-Xes can play it, yet I can't play it on my new Cyclo. What a world.

dbn045

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea. I have a r4 and like everyone else it doesn't work but i also have a max media dock now this thing is even worse with playing roms XD but hey its worth a try to see if gta will work with it by using max overload. But I can't try it now bc my parents are around the pc i use and they wouldn't like what i'm doing so i can't try it right now but if anyone else has a max it'd be worth a try imo

btw i'm using my ps3 with linux to type this XD

rugdoctors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have great news for all you N-card (or variants of) owners...It works flawlessly, even after enabling autosave. Mine was updated with the latest firmware from the gbatemp database.

I just used an unmodified copy of the rom for compatibility testing purposes only...

Hang in there guys!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1