Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goshogun1 said:
blackdogassault said:
Goshogun1 said:
GreenBanana said:
If there's information on which files will undub this sucker, please move them up above the first reply in this thread.
The English language just sounds horrendous and out of place in anything that isn't some boring bureaucratic gibberish. English is a language made more for following orders than for listening for enjoyment.

My question, is why not just learn Japanese, and play the import?

Because japanese is hellish hard and needs too much effort just to play games... And I'm classifying this game in particular as outright horrible dub.
And, really. Games should be dual audio for a long time now... I mean, it's already done, why scrape the original voice work? That way gamers could CHOOSE. But I guess this couldn't be done in this one, since the voice files are so damn big...
Personally I am going to learn Japanese just to play games, but thats just me. Having way more access to enjoying my hobby seems worth it.
But it isn't really voice-work anymore if all you are doing is reading. Sure, the Japanese voices might sound better in tone. I am just bothered by those people who say just about any dub sucks because it isn't in Japanese. I can't stand when people try to say one language is better than another. Language elitism for languages you can't actually understand?

And yeah, dual audio should be there, but only a small portion of fans really care, so you will rarely see this implemented by companies. Maybe I just don't mind dubs that much anymore. It's not like I am watching a Kurosawa film or something. Hope I am not pissing anyone off.
blush.gif

Oh well, I am just glad this gem is coming here at all!

You've got it right man, on all accounts. Is there a post of the month award?

blackdogassault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Goshogun (to avoid big quoting):

Well, some people DO prefer that better tone. And I don't dislike english dubs; it's just that because voice acting for games has A LOT more prestige in Japan, so smaller games get good dubs. But in some games, I prefer english voices. Two quick examples I can think of are Metal Gear Series and Final Fantasy X.

TheGreatNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would someone mind uploading an undub, I tried to make one myself but I can't quite figure out the whole process, so I'd appreciate it if someone would be willing to do this.

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
how good is this game and what would you compare it to?

unsure.gif
just wondering whether i should bother with it (I looks very good
smileipb2.png
)

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is awesome, I'd compare it to that Final Fantasy 3 remake, though I'm only 45 mins. into it. It has a lot of voice acting in it also. and the graphics are cool, I just wish that you could see the armor when equipped.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sumoka said:
how good is this game and what would you compare it to?

unsure.gif
smileipb2.png
)

I personally have not played this one but if its as good as the other games of the series it will be great. Over 100 playable characters you can find and use to help you on your journey, you do not need to get them all however each one could be useful at some point.

I guess you could compare it to that of final fantasy and or Chrono Trigger. All I know is that the first few in the series were pretty amazing.

TheGreatNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zane said:
TheGreatNeko said:
Would someone mind uploading an undub, I tried to make one myself but I can't quite figure out the whole process, so I'd appreciate it if someone would be willing to do this.

I got the Undub, but where do i upload it? =P

I think you could upload it to megaupload.com or http://www.rapidshare.com. If you could do that that'd be great.

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
Nottulys said:
This game is awesome, I'd compare it to that Final Fantasy 3 remake, though I'm only 45 mins. into it. It has a lot of voice acting in it also. and the graphics are cool, I just wish that you could see the armor when equipped.

Banger said:
QUOTE(sumoka @ Mar 12 2009, 07:37 PM) how good is this game and what would you compare it to?

unsure.gif
smileipb2.png
)

I personally have not played this one but if its as good as the other games of the series it will be great. Over 100 playable characters you can find and use to help you on your journey, you do not need to get them all however each one could be useful at some point.

I guess you could compare it to that of final fantasy and or Chrono Trigger. All I know is that the first few in the series were pretty amazing.

smileipb2.png
Sold...............

i havn't played any of the previous versions but i'll give this a try
yaynds.gif

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheGreatNeko said:
Zane said:
TheGreatNeko said:

I got the Undub, but where do i upload it? =P

I think you could upload it to megaupload.com or http://www.rapidshare.com. If you could do that that'd be great.

No can do. the file is larger then 200mb. And that is when it's rared.

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is freaking awesome, you know the thing I like most about this Suikoden the main character actually talks, that some mute freak, and the voice overs man that awesome, can't wait for next week's line up.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blackdogassault said:
Link5084 said:
You guys can't ask and distribute ROMS here. It's against the rules

Patches are allowed. And I'm too lazy to verify, but I guess you're the first one to mention the word "ROM".

This, nobody said anything about roms, and we wouldn't (well i can't speak everyone else) link any if we had.

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible (against the rule?) to ask anyone to upload the sound file in (J) rom? (as my net quota a bit low )
thanks

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
why is this not working for me still? i have the latest firmware, every other game has worked fine. i downloaded venom's version and espland's. no dice either way. i get white screen after game loads. anybody have any suggestions? is there a certain amount of space that must be available on the 2gb chip?

edit: r4DS

edit2: the J version worked for me. but as i only speak english...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...