1. Ruri

Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Are you sure? The world map music you hear as soon as you leave the first town, you mean? It seems to be working fine for me...

2. iNFiNiTY

iNFiNiTY GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Its copyrighted, its just as bad as having the game. So i'd recommend not doing it

3. shadowboy

United States
    YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!
    SUIKODEN 2 is the best PSP(PSX) GAME EVER!!! AND NOW I CAN PLAY ITS SEQUEL FOR THE DS!!!!
    [​IMG]:D:D:D

4. GhostToast

GhostToast GBAtemp Regular

United States
    for anyone curious about my problems -- i deleted all the other game files off my microSD card (i had 30 mb left before) and then put this one on there. it worked fine. so i guess it must have been slowed down from excess? or out of space? does it use ram dumping on the card usually?

anyway. problem solved. when in doubt, get junk off the card i guess.

5. blackdogassault

Newcomer

United States
    ^ I was curious, but it didn't work for me. At least, the undubbed version doesn't work on AK2, it seems.

6. demonicstrife

demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    I've never tried Suikoden before. About to. Is it good? And how is the voice acting?

7. Amici

Amici GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Wow. This has got to be one of the worst voice acting jobs I've seen in video games. Normally I don't bother with undubs since I'm not a stickler for Japanese voices (and usually I find most English dubs tolerable and playable), but this is too much. It sounds like the English dub for the Speed Racer cartoon, only worse.

And it's too bad since it really is a good game, but I fear most would get too annoyed with the voices to bother with it. Really hoping for a perfectly working UNDUB to be released soon.

8. cutterjohn

cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Give it up. They're wapanese, and like to pretend that listening to something that don't understand somehow, mystically, enhances their enjoyment of a game that they've pirated. i.e. if they really understood Japanese they would've already played the Japanese version, but somehow moaning about dubbing, and playing around undubbing seems to make them feel better. (Learning Japanese would require more effort than moaning about dubbing, and generally trivial effort required to un"dub". [EDIT] I completely forgot about this site, http://www.megatokyo.com/ , but it pretty much applies, unfortunately. [/EDIT]

Anyways, the Suikoden games are pretty good. I found them back in the PSX days when I started buying just about every RPG that got released for the system, and found it to be much more enjoyable than I actually expected it to be. The earlier games I think were actually based around Chinese myths, but I never cared enough to ever bother looking it up. (I actually enjoyed the Suikoden games more than I did any of the Dragon Quest games that I've played, but only have played I&II GBC and VII PSX (unfinished). Also have VIII for the PS2, but only played a little of it as in addition to being part of a series that for some reason I never got into, it uses the ugly yet trendy cell shaded grafix...

9. enarky

enarky owls?

Afghanistan
    That, and the dub of this game really sounds horrible. How can you not recognize that? The voice actors sound totally lame.

10. crook

crook GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    the voices are good enough. people who act like they are bad and don't speak a damn japanese word are just some wannabee elite snobs.

11. robochrono09

robochrono09 Banned
    Banned

United States
    I agree!

12. JeppeFah

JeppeFah Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone got this to work on ds-extreme? I tryed the arm7 fix and both releases but nothing seems to work? Anyone got any suggestion? I know they stop producing firmware updates so that out of the question. Any other new fix i can patch the file with?

13. Majin Vegeta

Majin Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    What's wrong with listening to the original voice acting? It was supposed to sound like that, dubs just try to copy the original dialogue and change it to another language. They will never sound as good as the original because they're, like I said, just copies.
    No, I don't understand japanese, but why should I care? I want to play the game with the sound how it was supposed to be.

Maybe it's fine for some ppl to sacrifice the original voice acting just to be able to understand every word in battles and don't having the need to read, but honestly... I can't understand that.

14. Trebuchet

Trebuchet GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Anyone tried the French voice-overs? They might be better (for me at least).

Is there a way to change the language once played once btw?

15. Ruri

Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Pretty sure there aren't any. There's no way they would've kept the game size the same while adding full voiceovers for five different languages... the language setting at the beginning just changes the text (hence, the subtitles on every movie, which change as well.)

16. ConJ

ConJ The Toker

The voices dont really bother me. Ill keep to the original, cant be bothered to mess about with undubs.

I am loving this game though. [​IMG]

17. Trebuchet

Trebuchet GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah, that's possible. If I can swap languages, I'm gonna try just to be sure.

18. eife

eife Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    There is no french voice over. It's pretty rare actually...

19. Zerrix

Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Gambia, The
    Hell, the story's really awesome!
    i love to see every single cutscene and boss'es ^^

20. GreenBanana

GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

Getting back ON TOPIC, instead of arguing pointlessly over a one-sided non-controversy (as is always the American way of always having an ignorant rebuttal ready)...I hereby declare a moratorium on the dub versus sub topic forever.

The status of the undub is as follows:

After leaving the first town the first time, apparently you enter a field area, that is NOT the World Map, just in case there is any confusion over this, which is understandable. While the music in towns and locations now works if you don't copy the hed file over (can't seem to find that exact post in six pages of nonsense), the world map music is, confusingly and sadly, reduced to nonsensical static blips, as inexplicable as that is.

So let's keep cooperating to that solution.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tierkreis, Suikoden, (Europe)