1. Goshogun1

Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So far I am not hating the voices as much as I thought I would, judging from everyone elses reactions. However the main character does seem to have some sort of "unique" speech process. I am actually finding it kind of amusing in an odd way. I have only played for a few hours.
    First of all the battles are classic suikoden, and I am digging them graphically, and how they play.
    Secondly, the use of pre-rendered backgrounds looks fantastic. The 3D characters don't look out of place at all.
    And third THERE IS A FREAKING WORLD MAP! Oh how I have missed walking around on a larger map with random encounters. For some reason most modern RPGs don't have them.
    So I think this game really makes me happy as a Suikoden fan. I didn't really enjoy IV, and V so this might make up for them.

2. Philosophy

Philosophy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone know how to access the wifi in the game?

3. blackdogassault

Newcomer

United States
    People DO understand what they're listening. There's subtitles telling us what it is. And people have the right to have their own preferences.

As for the undubs status:
    I guess we'll end up having to wait for the US version, since the conflicts seem to come from the multi-lingual options that weren't present in the original...

4. Sudo

Sudo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I get the issue with the field area select music glitch issue, as well as another one. After certain events in Cynas which I won't spoil, the voices have gone out of sync with the character text. Someone will speak and it will be two or three dialogues ahead or behind the text that is actually on screen. It's rather annoying to have Marica's text on screen with Liu's voice being spoken, for example.

5. GreenBanana

GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

Okay, I believe I may have found a solution for the undubbing.
    Simply copy EVERYTHING in the data/rom folder EXCEPT for and /text folder and /scenario/sce_sbin_jpn.bin and areatxt.bin.
    This seems to have worked for me. Well, I mean, obviously it's not the BEST solution, but if the best solution isn't obvious, then too bad.

6. Sudo

Sudo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That fixed the map selection music glitch for me, but the voices are still out of sync with the text on screen, unfortunately.

7. GreenBanana

GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

Um, well, they're two different languages, so I'm not sure they're supposed to be in sync. Unless you mean in the movie segments, because that seems fine to me. Either way, are you sure actual syncing is really that necessary? I don't recall ever playing a game where they actually implicitly tried to do that.

My bigger worry is the fact that this makes the game 260.33mb without being able to trim it.

8. Sudo

Sudo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I think you may have misunderstood me. By "in sync", I mean that the dialogue being spoken is not by the character whose portrait and text is on screen. For example, the main character's voice will be playing, yet another character's text and portrait will on screen. The voices are either behind or ahead by a few segments, it wasn't like that until a certain event in Cynas. The movie sequences are fine, however.

9. Kreatur84

Kreatur84 GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    The sounds are fully okay i dont know whats your problem.when you want a good sound buy a psp or a ps3

10. GreenBanana

GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

Oh. I haven't gotten to that point yet, since I've wasted all day making an effort while everyone else is bitching and whining about unimportant drivel. I guess there's bound to be problems. I probably wouldn't notice an out-of-character voice as easily as the rampant typos going on, but then I've just gotten to the point where we hear about Elrond Hubbard's influence in Greyridge and Cynus congestion. "Ruine" indeed. More commas, anyone?

Eww, eww, halp, this guy in Greyridge is trying to molestercate me! D:>

11. Edragon

Edragon GBAtemp Regular

erm.. just a question..
    after i got the quest to go to Cynus lib.. which is north of Greyridge .
    i cant find Greyridge on my worldmap :'(

nvm. found it

12. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I can confirm the problem Sudo was talking about. Happened in the same area. I'm not sure it's a matter of the multiple languages. It's almost like the elaborate language they used in Japanese pushed the translator to take an extra dialogue box or two to flesh out what they were saying into English. I'm not sure how to correct that bit without getting one's hands messy and actually re-sync it.

I un-undubbed it for now. Oh well.

13. Zane

Zane Ace Wizard

Yeah i got the unsync problem after El--something, anyway, wrong voice to the wrong guy talking, sometimes the voices are way behind, so sometime i hear someone talking, that talked like 5-6 scenes that already happend.

Really annoying, and i guess it will keep at it like this through the whole game, as i don't see how it would sync itself.. guess i have to remove the undub version and get the regular english one.

14. crook

crook GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    hrhr good to know the japanese wannabees get what they deserved.

15. enarky

enarky owls?

Afghanistan
    Troll much?

16. anuarbin

anuarbin Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    too bad then. I was soo hyped on undubbing. I guess this game wasnt' like rockman/megaman where english and japanese are in synch.

17. crook

crook GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    instead of whining like battybwoys you can start playing my japanese coach

18. Zane

Zane Ace Wizard

What does, prefering the Japanese VA over the English crappy one, have to do with learning the language?

19. Leamonde.Halcyon

United States
    Japanese is quite a pleasant language to listen to and personally, I'll take Japanese voices with English text over English voices that make my ears bleed any day. Bad VA is bad VA no matter what language it's in, and the English voices in this game are just plain painful.

20. crook

crook GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    if you compare the jap and eng voices not only the first 10 minutes but later on the english is way better like the wifes of the mageking or the secretary of the order.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tierkreis, Suikoden, (Europe)