DS #3375: Know How - Think and Play Outside the Box (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by dice, Feb 10, 2009.

1. dice
    OP

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    ^^ndsrelease-4495^^

2. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    IF it's what I think it is and IF the title isn't misleading and IF the content is not crap... it MAY be a good mini-game collection. I'll try it and post my thoughts [​IMG]

3. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    You're washed up on an island and move around it by completing a block-moving game in the vein of "escape" from Clubhouse Games (Sure it goes by other names too). Might be some other type of puzzles as well but I only did the first 4 or 5 and they were all like that.

4. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    Yeah. The title IS misleading. I was expecting something that actually involved logic. You know, something like Layton and really "thinking outside the box".

5. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    You mean it's like Gridlock! [​IMG] I remember getting addicted to the flash game and the GBA homebrew port someone did. It's not the most exciting game in the world but I love these puzzles when they get difficult. Haven't tried this one out but it's definitely on my to-do list.

It's a terrible, terrible name, but the boxart gave a bit of a hint.

6. Jdbye

Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Suspended
    May 10, 2006
    Norway
    Norway
    Sokoban?
    Sounds like it.
    I never liked that game much, but if it's what I think it is then Sokoban was the original name, I think.
    The one who came up with the name for this thing needs to learn english. Or german, according to the boxart.

7. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Not quite; in Sokoban you had a little man and a few boxes/crates, which you had to push around the screen until they sat in certain spaces, without getting them stuck or getting trapped along the way.
    http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/Sokoban/
    This is more like a shuffle puzzle, the blocks are larger so by sliding them around you have to clear a path to get one particular block out of the grid.
    http://www.corwin.ca/gridlock/

8. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    really misleading indeed. i was hoping for a layton-like game

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice