lipucd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Broomop said:
Zane said:
Which is impossible if you go by what the devs said, that it would take a really long time to reach max level.

He's cheating alright.
yeah it would take a long time to get level 100 (stupid amounts of time) ive done stats hack now.. and unlike how everyone else probly going to do it (with AR) right now i did it with nothing more than notepad.. LOL

But when i get my code maker thing ill be making proper codes then i want to item mod wahh!

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolpv5.jpg

heres another picture.
Is there ever a time you can just play and not hack?

I mean..going on what here? 7 years counting if not more and still at it?
Kinda makes me wonder if you'll ever sit down and just MAKE your own PSO/PSU already to your liking.

Tele-Pet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tele-Pet said:
Any Mac users out there?

Seems like you need a PC to do the necessary things to the ROM.

So I guess there are no Mac users out there who have gotten Phantasy Star Zero working?

BTW, using R4, latest kernel.

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tycho01 said:
Ranma said:
It freezes up on me when I get to the boss, though.
frown.gif

QUOTE(KageNoSennin @ Dec 20 2008, 10:06 AM) I'm also having this problem before facing the dragon boss. I'm on a SuperCardDS with SuperKey using a handmade DSATM patched game.

Same problem each time I try for both the dragon/octopus bosses, although the yetis seem fine (Cast story mission 1, not a real boss though). Same for my brother. So far we've tried multiple flashcarts (R4 and DSTT), multiple micro SDs, and two different rom releases (Xenophobia and Espanlds). Using an old DS, and two handmade DSATM-patched roms (didn't check/uncheck anything extra other than DSTT).
Anyone got a clue?

Have you got to the yetis outside the story mission? I went to replay it and it froze on me after I entered the boss gate, but I did it fine the first time.

I've tried on M3Real and M3Perfect, same result, even with a fresh patched rom. =\ The patching process is shaving about 10MB off the original file. I've never used it before so I'm wondering if that's normal/could be causing problems? Only other thing I can think of is quality of sd cards, but we both tested with multiple cards, and while my microSD might not be the greatest I got just about the best SD card at the time for my slot-2 M3 (was one that ran Tony Hawk Sk8land perfectly back in the day when most would have problems with the music).

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ranma said:
Have you got to the yetis outside the story mission? I went to replay it and it froze on me after I entered the boss gate, but I did it fine the first time.

I've tried on M3Real and M3Perfect, same result, even with a fresh patched rom. =\ The patching process is shaving about 10MB off the original file. I've never used it before so I'm wondering if that's normal/could be causing problems? Only other thing I can think of is quality of sd cards, but we both tested with multiple cards, and while my microSD might not be the greatest I got just about the best SD card at the time for my slot-2 M3 (was one that ran Tony Hawk Sk8land perfectly back in the day when most would have problems with the music).
No, not outside of story yet... although it really does seem to be a problem with the FMVs/models or whatever.
My patched roms keep ending up as 118MB as well by the way (whether from Xenophobia's 118MB one or Espanlds's 128MB one), so I tried to ask around a bit more. Apparently the patched rom got to 121MB for other people, so... yeah. Gonna try that now. Will report back.

Edit: Could the differences in patched roms have something with the way the code/fix file is formatted? Because I was quite clueless on that, and as such just dumped the codes in there as-is (only the numbers) without adding anything myself (not even the description tag).

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found a solution to the problem of the game not saving properly? It seems to work fine, then when I load the game up again, all my characters are gone. Anyone?

Hunter_zaz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want to kill someone. I tried the dsatm and the code provided, and all my saves for all my games went ARGH(deleted). I didn't have backups of my latest games so I am very annoyed. 30 odd games many rpgs I was half way through.
cry.gif

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hunter_zaz said:
I want to kill someone. I tried the dsatm and the code provided, and all my saves for all my games went ARGH(deleted). I didn't have backups of my latest games so I am very annoyed. 30 odd games many rpgs I was half way through.
cry.gif
you should always back up your saves when dealing with homebrew or even putting new games.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried to play this game and failed miserably I got the fix and everything but I have no idea where I'm supposed to go
blink.gif
oh well have to wait for spring release
mellow.gif
but atleast thats not tooo far away

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
I tried to play this game and failed miserably I got the fix and everything but I have no idea where I'm supposed to go
blink.gif
oh well have to wait for spring release
mellow.gif
but atleast thats not tooo far away
when was it confirmed this game will come to the USA or europe next spring?

anyways, game doesnt save after making a character using ysmenu for me. it actually deleted my save file i had with the r4 1.18 BUT if you start with the bypass cheat code, the save file stays intact

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems likely that all this protection is really intended more to stop cheaters than it is to stop pirates -- stopping pirates is just a side-effect of it. Unlike other games, in this case it is possible (not only possible, but likely) that unscrupulous flash-cart users will not only get the game for free, but damage or ruin the experience for legitimate users, since we can so easily hack our characters. That gives the company much more incentive to fight us than usual.

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried it on my R4 and i guess i do actually feel alittle disapointed with it but i recon its down to the fact its pretty text heavy on the old story side :/ Def looking forward to a EU/US release!!! Is there a (Play random people) option?

Broomop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ruri said:
It seems likely that all this protection is really intended more to stop cheaters than it is to stop pirates -- stopping pirates is just a side-effect of it. Unlike other games, in this case it is possible (not only possible, but likely) that unscrupulous flash-cart users will not only get the game for free, but damage or ruin the experience for legitimate users, since we can so easily hack our characters. That gives the company much more incentive to fight us than usual.

i didnt even have to use a AR.. however a R4DS or rom loading device is needed.

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Broomop said:
Ruri said:

Basically any flashcart's gonna have cheat functions. I'm just glad the SC team released a patch for PSZ. If I can figure out the tools I might try my hand at doing a basic translation of the item menu and maybe a few other things. It's gonna be harder since I don't speak Japanese... But with trial and error it should be easy enough to discern what each item does. Just for the PSO nostalgia I'd probably try labeling the items after their PSO counterparts. Gets a tad frustrating when you're zipping thru the menus in the heat of battle trying to figure out which item is a Monomate and accidentally use a Telepipe instead.

Broomop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SamusKnight2K said:
Broomop said:
Ruri said:

Basically any flashcart's gonna have cheat functions. I'm just glad the SC team released a patch for PSZ. If I can figure out the tools I might try my hand at doing a basic translation of the item menu and maybe a few other things. It's gonna be harder since I don't speak Japanese... But with trial and error it should be easy enough to discern what each item does. Just for the PSO nostalgia I'd probably try labeling the items after their PSO counterparts. Gets a tad frustrating when you're zipping thru the menus in the heat of battle trying to figure out which item is a Monomate and accidentally use a Telepipe instead.
theres quite a few files that have japanese text i would translate them but theres so much stuff to translate you need to at least know japanese.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@SamusKnight2K I already went through the rom (one of the early pages on the thread), they use an odd compression/packing format that will need to be figured out first (a session with a disassembler/debugger is called for). Good news is nearly all the files use the format and most appear to be common nitroSDK formats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol