DS #2332: Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (USA)

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played the game, Its the same style as the Star Wars one, a few changes here and there like blowing into the mic and using the touch screen to dig/whip to swing ( or you can just use A instead ) and some nice ( but blocky ) cut scenes. Its an OK game in my book just could have tried to be a bit more different but its still a good play. Lego Batman looks like it will be the same again with different characters and environments but the same game mechanics.

OT : Jeezus, have people been taking stupid pills around here ? Looks people are trying to get themselves a ban, whats more they are mostly regulars who should know better..... knock it on the head before the whole place takes a downward spiral....

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Stylus and mic elements are annoying.
hate2.gif

P

pasc

WOW ! This grahpics are higly detailed (yeah, Ubisoft, Assassins Creed should have looked more like this...), this, Activisions and Renegade Kid's Engines seem to be the best the DS can offer 3rd Party wise (SE and N are other ligas ^^).

Happy to see that they improved their "videos" from the last horrible quality-wise LS2.

I'ts much fun, only too sad that they stopped putting in Singlecardmultiplayers, since it was much fun in LS1

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had picked up LEGO Star Wars 2 for the DS when it came out. It was glitched to fuck and back, but i played it the whole way through (unlocked 99% of it... there was 1% that was only unlockable ONCE in a play through, and i didn't know it... and wasn't going to sit through it all again
tongue.gif
), then got LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and started that a little bit.

I hit my first hiccup in the game last night that was remeniscient of the glitched LEGO Star Wars 2. In the first level, after you blow up the raft... do NOT just walk back onto the raft. I'd suggest jump. I "Walked" onto it, fell between the raft and the ground (dunno how that happened lol) and instead of reappearing on land or on the raft or somewhere i was safe, it kept spawning me under the raft, so i kept dying. Over and over. I watched my LEGO bits disappear 1.5k at a time. And i couldn't do anything. I just killed the game. Luckily i wasn't far in... but still. It was a minor let-down.

However i will keep playing it, because it IS a fun time.

That was just a heads up
smile.gif

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This game even has activated antialiasing , at least on the characters. (look carefully).
This is awesome. Oh and IMHO it's better than Lego Star wars , mainly because it plays better.
biggrin.gif

chbisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please does anybody know how to save? i played until the raft, and since the ds is a casual console, i had to stop playing but the menu options dont show save, and only let me return to the house... there must be a save anywhere option on a game like this...

chbisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a letdown, it was the same i guess in the star wars lego games, i can understand it for pc or home consoles, but for a portable console, this is unnaceptable.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can put your DS in standby anytime you know....
Anyway the game asks you to save the first time you finish a level, and then it switches to autosave, therefore anytime you finish a level it saves automatically.
Or you can return to Indy's office and save the game from there, but you cannot save in mid game.
I'm liking this game so far, very interesting and I like the puzzles.
Star wars was a littel too action oriented for me. And I always loved IJ movies.....

chbisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys, thanks for the ideas, but i think there is a problem with the design of this game for portable consoles, the producers should have thought that a save-anywhere option is a MUST, there is no real motive to finish the level to be able to save, that's a bad idea...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying