ROM Hack Dragonball Kai: UB. English Patch rom won't load

Kainz0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Before you get upset about another topic like this, I've done some searching and tried every option I can think of to get this game working. I'm running on a DSTT cart and I've tried "RetroGameFan's" latest TTmenu and YSmenu. I can get the clean unpatched rom to work just fine using TTmenu (WONT run on YSmenu). Once I patch the rom with the english patch it stops working.

I read through this topic

http://gbatemp.net/t277542-dragon-ball-kai-ultimate-butouden-english-translation?st=345&gopid=3473668&#entry3473668

"Segnin's" post seemed to help some people, but I can't seem to get the translated ROM to work.

If anyone has some advice for how I can get this working on my DSTT, I would greatly appreciate it!

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
From the RetroGameFan Updates topic

errcode=-4 : Caused by not having the required loading data for that particular DS Normal game in infolib.

Even if the regular untranslated version is in the flash cart files, Retro or someone else who knows what to do needs to add the data to make the altered version work. Simple as that. Wait for Retro to add it.

Kainz0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.. Well are there any other people that may have already altered it to be more up to date and more compatable? Or are Retro's files the latest/greatest?

I mean I can't be the ONLY person that doesn't have the patch working on DSTT

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
alot of people can actually make it work themselves

you just get the CRC code for the patched version of the game
then just copy and paste the original in the database on DSTT files and then change the copied versions CRC of the game to patched CRC version then it works fine

Kainz0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.. Honestly I'm not sure what an AccessPoint is, but I've heard of it before. I don't do a whole lot of NDS emulatiing so I apologize for the noobness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7