Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes announced

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Except Square Enix is one company, not two separate ones. That means a single staff, not a staff on one half of the building and a staff on the other representing the two companies.
I've been reading some articles and haven't seen anything about the development teams, though. The ones actually making the games. I've heard that they have been cooperating with one another, but not a merger between them, just the companies (as a means to lower development costs).

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there you go arguing semantics again...

it's Square-Enix now. It doesn't matter if it's "Square" or "Enix" developing the game. they are one. Enix has been assimilated. Resistance is futile.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riposte said:

it's Square-Enix now. It doesn't matter if it's "Square" or "Enix" developing the game. they are one. Enix has been assimilated. Resistance is futile.
I'm not really arguing, I just want the truth.

It's pretty obvious that it's SE now, that's not my question, it's about the dev teams.

EDIT: So yes, this is specifically about the dev teams.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nathan Drake said:
Except Square Enix is one company, not two separate ones. That means a single staff, not a staff on one half of the building and a staff on the other representing the two companies.
Thanks, that's exactly how it is. Is that difficult to understand?

The only loss was Quintet. They made amazing games. =(

EDIT: IT DOESN'T MATTER, the dev-team is from SQUARE ENIX, therefore it's made by SQUARE-ENIX. There's no team named Team Enix inside Square-Enix.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Nathan Drake said:
Thanks, that's exactly how it is. Is that difficult to understand?
Nope, I've acknowledged the merger several times. Or just 2 times, don't really care to check.

I'm talking devs, not about the company as a whole.

EDIT: It does matter, that completely regards my question. It's by SE, that's the irrelevant part.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Well, that's it, good luck someone trying to explain it for him, I'm out of here.
I completely understand what you're saying. You're saying that it doesn't matter if the companies have merged and thus everything about the companies are no longer Square and Enix but rather Square Enix, so the dev teams shouldn't matter because whether they are the Square team or the Enix team is irrelevant as they are both Square Enix.

That's obvious, I understood that from the beginning. That, however, is not what I've been talking about.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
riposte said:

You Can't Handle The Truth!

but for serious... you might just have to wait until the credits roll when you finish the game if you really want to know the names of those involved...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riposte said:
machomuu said:
riposte said:

You Can't Handle The Truth!

but for serious... you might just have to wait until the credits roll when you finish the game if you really want to know the names of those involved...
Yeah, I guess that'd be best...

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
Well, that's it, good luck someone trying to explain it for him, I'm out of here.
I completely understand what you're saying. You're saying that it doesn't matter if the companies have merged and thus everything about the companies are no longer Square and Enix but rather Square Enix, so the dev teams shouldn't matter because whether they are the Square team or the Enix team is irrelevant as they are both Square Enix.

That's obvious, I understood that from the beginning. That, however, is not what I've been talking about.

That's Square, this is Enix. The difference is noticeable.

That's what you first said in response to "Square-Enix and MMORPGS don't go well". That's exactly what you've been talking about (or at least, what I was responding for). You started to talk about team only later.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:

That's Square, this is Enix. The difference is noticeable.

That's what you first said in response to "Square-Enix and MMORPGS don't go well". That's exactly what you've been talking about (or at least, what I was responding for). You started to talk about team only later.
But the teams are what I was referring to. And by "from the beginning" I was referring to the first instance in which the merger was talked about by you, which was exactly 3 posts after the posts you quoted.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
Nathanaël said:
Dragon Quest (Enix) is something very different than Final Fantasy (Square). At least for Die Hard Dragon Quest fans.
blush.gif
Because they're two different series? Doesn't mean that it's Enix that's making Dragon Quest now, it's Square-Enix.

I can understand what you said though.
Then elaborate as to how it's made by both Enix and Square?
Since they fused, it's being made by Square-Enix. That means, since DQVIII, the series is from Square-Enix, not only Enix.
they shoulld never have fused enix used to make some great games like terranigma but ever since they teamed with square both companies have lost the ability to make really good games. even FF went down hill.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
Nathanaël said:
Dragon Quest (Enix) is something very different than Final Fantasy (Square). At least for Die Hard Dragon Quest fans.
blush.gif
Because they're two different series? Doesn't mean that it's Enix that's making Dragon Quest now, it's Square-Enix.

I can understand what you said though.
Then elaborate as to how it's made by both Enix and Square?
Since they fused, it's being made by Square-Enix. That means, since DQVIII, the series is from Square-Enix, not only Enix.
they shoulld never have fused enix used to make some great games like terranigma but ever since they teamed with square both companies have lost the ability to make really good games. even FF went down hill.
FF went downhill? When, XIV? Then again, XII was a low point too. I liked XIII, though.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
FF continues to get worse and worse each time they make another one and now that's it's an MMO it's just going to get worse and worse. the series is dead IMO in fact the whole company is. gone are great games like mana and chrono, terranigma, the saga games and many more all they wanna do these days is make crappy FF games or turn what used to be great games into fucking MMOS! i'm pretty much done with this company they can join rare.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
level-5, the small Japanese developer responsible for Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest IX among other titles, appears to have no involvement with the series’ 10th installment. This is unfortunate, because the Professor Layton creator has done a phenomenal job with the series so far, delivering two charming games that have been both commercially and critically successful. Square Enix’s track record isn’t nearly as hot
and that's the last nail in the coffin i hope they keep this in japan

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE said:
level-5, the small Japanese developer responsible for Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest IX among other titles, appears to have no involvement with the series’ 10th installment. This is unfortunate, because the Professor Layton creator has done a phenomenal job with the series so far, delivering two charming games that have been both commercially and critically successful. Square Enix’s track record isn’t nearly as hot
and that's the last nail in the coffin i hope they keep this in japan
Why? Have you played it? If it's bad, why would you want only Japan to have it?

Plus, how the f*ck should Level-5 have any effect on your decision? They've only worked on 2 games. 2.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, Machomuu. You're acting as if he insulted your mother or something.

Just look at the facts. Of course we don't have the final game in our hands, but everything Square-Enix has been saying hasn't sounded too good. An online focused game in a series that has, up to this point, only been a single player experience on a Nintendo console that will force players to pay a monthly fee, even if they don't want to play online? Right after SE's disastrous XIV and the very meh XI?

Yeah, I think the concern is very justified.

As for the Level-5 thing, they've only made two games, but they were the two most recent, very well received games (Some of the best received games in the series, if I'm not mistaken). Pulling a good team after success like that just isn't a good sign.

I get wanting to support a company when they are going for a "new direction", but that doesn't change the simple facts of the matter. Sometimes, you have to call an obvious blunder for what it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol