Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes announced

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
Jeez, Machomuu. You're acting as if he insulted your mother or something.

Just look at the facts. Of course we don't have the final game in our hands, but everything Square-Enix has been saying hasn't sounded too good. An online focused game in a series that has, up to this point, only been a single player experience on a Nintendo console that will force players to pay a monthly fee, even if they don't want to play online? Right after SE's disastrous XIV and the very meh XI?

Yeah, I think the concern is very justified.

As for the Level-5 thing, they've only made two games, but they were the two most recent, very well received games (Some of the best received games in the series, if I'm not mistaken). Pulling a good team after success like that just isn't a good sign.

I get wanting to support a company when they are going for a "new direction", but that doesn't change the simple facts of the matter. Sometimes, you have to call an obvious blunder for what it is.
The thing is, I don't like DQ, really. I've tried multiple games, couldn't get into it. I'm sick of this bawwing over a game they haven't played yet. Now, that would be all fine and good if what they were saying wasn't judging based on looks and not because the game looks genuinely bad, but in most cases in this thread it is, and that pisses me off.

Plus, all of the other games also did great, it's merely the fact that a game is DQ and follows the formula that sells (apparently), DQ games generally do great commercially.

Also, FFXI (made by Square, not SE) may not have done the greatest, but it did pretty well and was a pretty solid game. Sure, XIV sucked, but XI was pretty good.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
machomuu said:
Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE said:
level-5, the small Japanese developer responsible for Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest IX among other titles, appears to have no involvement with the series’ 10th installment. This is unfortunate, because the Professor Layton creator has done a phenomenal job with the series so far, delivering two charming games that have been both commercially and critically successful. Square Enix’s track record isn’t nearly as hot
and that's the last nail in the coffin i hope they keep this in japan
Why? Have you played it?
i don't need to all the facts speak for themselves THIS...WILL...BE...SHIT!!!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Wow, the game was only announced a day ago and people are already saying it will be shit? Wait, why am I even surprised? this ALWAYS happens.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
.Darky said:
Wow, the game was only announced a day ago and people are already saying it will be shit?
lets see
it's
an MMO
pay to play
MUST have online to finish
level 5 is not developing it

yeah i wonder WHY were saying it's gonna be shit?!
hate2.gif

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Gahars said:

Just look at the facts. Of course we don't have the final game in our hands, but everything Square-Enix has been saying hasn't sounded too good. An online focused game in a series that has, up to this point, only been a single player experience on a Nintendo console that will force players to pay a monthly fee, even if they don't want to play online? Right after SE's disastrous XIV and the very meh XI?

As for the Level-5 thing, they've only made two games, but they were the two most recent, very well received games (Some of the best received games in the series, if I'm not mistaken). Pulling a good team after success like that just isn't a good sign.

I get wanting to support a company when they are going for a "new direction", but that doesn't change the simple facts of the matter. Sometimes, you have to call an obvious blunder for what it is.
The thing is, I don't like DQ, really. I've tried multiple games, couldn't get into it. I'm sick of this bawwing over a game they haven't played yet. Now, that would be all fine and good if what they were saying wasn't judging based on looks and not because the game looks genuinely bad, but in most cases in this thread it is, and that pisses me off.

Plus, all of the other games also did great, it's merely the fact that a game is DQ and follows the formula that sells (apparently), DQ games generally do great commercially.

Also, FFXI (made by Square, not SE) may not have done the greatest, but it did pretty well and was a pretty solid game. Sure, XIV sucked, but XI was pretty good.

And your first point... seems a little muddled. I think I know what you're trying to say, but could you please rephrase that?

DQ games do amazingly well, but only in Japan (People outside of Japan go more for FF, apparently). They love the series' formula that has gone unchanged, mostly, for the past 9 installments. So, if it's going against the formula, then it might have some troubles; it'll still do well, I'm sure, but probably not as well as the others.

And FFXI... eh, your mileage may vary. I really didn't care for it, and found it to be kind of dull, actually. There are worse MMOs out there, but there are much better ones too.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
machomuu said:
Gahars said:

And your first point... seems a little muddled. I think I know what you're trying to say, but could you please rephrase that?
I don't really think I can make that more clear. In layman's terms:
That's great if they didn't look at it and say it was bad because it is an MMO or "different" rather than if it actually looks like a bad game. That pisses me off.

...Well that wasn't lay speak, but you get it.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I find it funny to see how everyone posts facts as to why the game would suck, but none of that is even confirmed.

Atleast give the game a chance. Also, just think. Seeing how the Wii U and Wii version can connect together, it makes perfect sense that this game will probably be the only Wii game which can connect through the new version of the Nintendo Network. Also, just because they charge in Japan doesn't mean they will in the west. They didn't do that for Monster Hunter Tri either.

Atleast give the game a chance before you nerdrage.

I've never played the series and I'm not interested in it, but I think it's just moronic to act like most of you.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh great, not only is this being made by Square Enix exclusively, rather then Level 5 or Arte Piazza who have made some of the other games in the past and done a better job, but considering their track record of fucking up games lately with how horrible Final Fantasy has become, they have pretty much ruined any chance that I will play this game. Stick to what works you dolts and let someone else who is competent make the freaking game so you don't ruin it!

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
it has been confirmed it's an MMO and you need to be online to play it. that's reasons enough for me not to bother with it.

where has it been confirmed you need to be online to play it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily