Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
RupeeClock said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Square-Enix still hasn't learn their lesson. Congratulation, you just completely ruined this game by making a MMORPG.
I know, right?
How many more franchises do they want to taint with MMORPGs?
Not that there's anything wrong with the genre, but Square Enix have no idea what they're doing!
Exactly, because you guys have both played it and know just how bad it is.
There's no need to play it to know a game concept is bad or not.
A bad concept doesn't always equal a bad game in the end product.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, there's still time for them to make it better than what was shown (which was really, really bad).

Anyway, I would not get it even if I had a Wii.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Yeah, there's still time for them to make it better than what was shown (which was really, really bad).

Anyway, I would not get it even if I had a Wii.
Only thing I think needs changing is the subscription fees and the online Singleplayer, that or they make it an MSO. Can't say the overhaul bothers me at all.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
RupeeClock said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Square-Enix still hasn't learn their lesson. Congratulation, you just completely ruined this game by making a MMORPG.
I know, right?
Not that there's anything wrong with the genre, but Square Enix have no idea what they're doing!

Give up, Square-Enix and MMORPG are a terrible combo. They can't even manage FF14, the one they already have out.

Not only it's Square-Enix and a MMORPG, but a MMORPG on Wii is laughable at best.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
RupeeClock said:
Giga_Gaia said:
I know, right?

Give up, Square-Enix and MMORPG are a terrible combo. They can't even manage FF14, the one they already have out.

Not only it's Square-Enix and a MMORPG, but a MMORPG on Wii is laughable at best.
That's Square, this is Enix. The difference is noticeable.

Also, Monster unter Tri was an MMO that could be played offline and it did pretty well (this can't be played offline, but still).

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game is definitely not going to be released in territories outside Japan, if at all, in a timely fashion.

1. It's an RPG
2. It's an MMO

The fact that it's an RPG means there a shit ton of dialogue for them to translate. Add to that fact that it's an MMO means they have continuous addons that need translations, too. People hoping this will be a Wii U launch title...yea, it won't be for anywhere else, but Japan.

There is extremely high chance they won't ever release this on the Wii outside of Japan. The Wii U is only a year away and they haven't even given a solid release date for this game in Japan. The one that other territories will get is the Wii U version and that will definitely not be at the Wii U launch. Just my speculation.

I was totally pumped for this game until I started hearing the news for it. Every additional news item just makes me sadder.

@machomuu

MHTri is not an MMO. It's 4 player coop with a lobby system. DQX is most definitely an MMO.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
Giga_Gaia said:
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
RupeeClock said:
Giga_Gaia said:
I know, right?

Also, Monster unter Tri was an MMO that could be played offline and it did pretty well (this can't be played offline, but still).
The fuck you're talking about? Enix and Square are the same, Square Enix. We're in 2011, remember?
And Monster Hunter wasn't an MMO. It was a singleplayer game WITH multiplayer.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Of course this will get a release outside of Japan.

Dragon Quest is a main franchise published by Nintendo in Europe.

They prepared everything with DQ IV, V, VI, IX, JM & JM2 on Nintendo DS already.

What do you think how long it takes to translate a book with 800 pages for a team? Two weeks or so. It's no problem if you can spend some cash.

@machomuu: You are intelligent obviously. You know, you should not talk with these guys about Dragon Quest. You can't convince them, they won't even understand what you're talking about.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
Giga_Gaia said:
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
RupeeClock said:
Giga_Gaia said:
I know, right?

The fuck you're talking about? Enix and Square are the same, Square Enix. We're in 2011, remember?
And Monster Hunter wasn't an MMO. It was a singleplayer game WITH multiplayer.
It's often considered an MMO, and basically is.

Also SE is simply a merger, there's still Square and Enix. Final Fantasy is not Enix's, it's Squares. Enix is more like the adopted father that has little to do with it. Vice versa for DQ.

That's the f*ck I'm talking about, and I made it easy to understand.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, it gets boring when you're wrong.

Nobody in their minds consider MH series to be a MMO. Because it's not.

And Square-Enix is Square-Enix, it's not like Eidos, which even being incorpored in the SE, still has it's development team there.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Dragon Quest (Enix) is something very different than Final Fantasy (Square). At least for Die Hard Dragon Quest fans.
blush.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Yeah, it gets boring when you're wrong.

Nobody in their minds consider MH series to be a MMO. Because it's not.

And Square-Enix is Square-Enix, it's not like Eidos, which even being incorpored in the SE, still has it's development team there.
There are plenty of people that consider it that, though officially that's not what it is.

Also- well, Nathanaël pretty much said it.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nathanaël said:
Dragon Quest (Enix) is something very different than Final Fantasy (Square). At least for Die Hard Dragon Quest fans.
blush.gif
Because they're two different series? Doesn't mean that it's Enix that's making Dragon Quest now, it's Square-Enix.

I can understand what you said though.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Nathanaël said:
blush.gif
Because they're two different series? Doesn't mean that it's Enix that's making Dragon Quest now, it's Square-Enix.

Then elaborate as to how it's made by both Enix and Square?

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
Nathanaël said:
blush.gif

Since they fused, it's being made by Square-Enix. That means, since DQVIII, the series is from Square-Enix, not only Enix.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
Maedhros said:
Nathanaël said:
blush.gif

Since they fused, it's being made by Square-Enix. That means, since DQVIII, the series is from Square-Enix, not only Enix.
While that means that it's by SE, it doesn't mean it was developed by both the members of Square and the members of Enix.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Except Square Enix is one company, not two separate ones. That means a single staff, not a staff on one half of the building and a staff on the other representing the two companies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp