Hacking Dragon Quest: Hand of The Heavenly Bride (E/U) Protection Bypass

fa_demion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,

I wrote in Narins CHEAT compilation thread, that M3 DS REAL users must patch DQV with DSATM and enabled DSTT option.
Then all cheats will work.

Please remeber, that after patching the gameID would be changed.

If any problems, you can get a xdelta patch from me.

Sincerely,
Holger

brtran86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
studio23 said:
Kreatur84 said:
you have to patch the rom with dsatm,it is subscibed a few times in this thread

Ps: cheats didn`t work with dsatm patched rom

ok if i have the one that is patched or has the patched name in the file description/Name it wont work. otherwise it will?
and how many versions of (E) are there? thanks for the help will read in the thread again

QUOTE(tolomeo @ Feb 25 2009, 09:13 AM)
How can I make work cheat in a patched rom?
I have a m3dsreal with the last firmware 4.2 E38
Thanks for help

Okay for all the m3 real users out there, this is how you to get off the ship. You can't do it using the cheat.db or cheat.zip but have to manually patch it using the R4CCE program listed in http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84991. It is quite easy to do yourself. First off, download the Unpatched version of the game, preferably the US one but either one is fine I believe, I have the US version and haven't tried it with the EU so don't mark my words for it, then make a text file and name it cheat.txt (you will need this txt file to put in the R4CCE program where it asks for txt) and paste the following inside:

Game Id: YV5P 9D159278

Protection Bypass Cheat
0200819C E3A00000
020081A0 E12FFF1E

Then, use the program DSATM to add this patch to your game. Rename the file to whatever you choose and save it on the desktop for now. Click on autopatch and wait for it to finished patching. Finally, add the new .ds file to your flash cart as per usual (for example, I have a m3 ds real/g6, and this method worked perfectly). For most of you with newer tech than I have, just add those above 4 codes to however you use Action Replay cheats, and you should be set. I made this as simplest as I can, but if anyone still have any problems feel free to post it up.

Unknown Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have talked to a few people who all made the same mistake. I am going to post it here so that people can find it easily.

Al lot of people only talk to the captain and then they expect a scene to start but that isn't how it works. You need to talk to everyone on the boat and then when exiting a room to the main deck a scene will start and after a while you can then get of the boat.

I made the same mistake when i tried my cheats from Narin and i couldn't understand what i was doing wrong. I read on a few forums that you have to talk to the captain and that is it. They posted it wrong and that's why i am posting this.

Please don't make the same mistake as me and a lot of others.

Thanks again Narin for this awesome cheat. This game is a true pearl.

jiny680

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
blink.gif
smile.gif

rmanal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is the ROM "[NDS]Dragon_Quest_The_Hand_of_The_Heavenly_Bride[EUR][FIX_M3_R4]" that we can find on internet only a patched original ROM with Narin fix, or what else?

Moonya

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unknown Ninja said:
I have talked to a few people who all made the same mistake. I am going to post it here so that people can find it easily.

Al lot of people only talk to the captain and then they expect a scene to start but that isn't how it works. You need to talk to everyone on the boat and then when exiting a room to the main deck a scene will start and after a while you can then get of the boat.

I made the same mistake when i tried my cheats from Narin and i couldn't understand what i was doing wrong. I read on a few forums that you have to talk to the captain and that is it. They posted it wrong and that's why i am posting this.

thank you
bow.gif
. i came across this awesome cheat and it did not work for me (or so i thought) but thanks to you i found the problem weeeee
biggrin.gif

mad_hatter_md01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonya said:
Unknown Ninja said:

thank you
bow.gif
. i came across this awesome cheat and it did not work for me (or so i thought) but thanks to you i found the problem weeeee
biggrin.gif

Yes, thanks, this actually worked for me. I thank you cause I thought I might have had to buy the actual game. So now you can add works on the R4-III Upgrade Revolution series now.

Unknown Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
filmcrazy said:
is there a piracy bypass for the YV5E 49d61323 version of dragon quest?
That is the US version of this game. The fix is included with the group release. That removes the copy protection. All the info should be in the nfo. Hope this helps.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read that some people were having an issue with hacked versions of the rom where the game would continuously loop on the title screen if a save game was detected. This happened to me. I just tried using a clean rom with the newest M3 firmware, and as soon as I got to a save point, I saved the game and shut down the ds to make sure I could 'carry on' my quest. I got the exact same error (looping title) as I did with the hacked rom. Out of frustration and sheer curiosity, I changed microsd cards, from the 8gb transcend that I was using to the older 4gb sandisk that I used to use. Now, I no longer have the issue. I'm not saying that this is going to work for everyone, and obviously, I have no idea if it will matter to those not using an M3 Real, but I wanted to put that out there, just in case it hasn't been said.

Mikesch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those interested, downloading the latest M3 Real 4.3 firmware upgrade, or iSakuReal 1.5, the Action Replay cheats in Narin's most recent cheat release work fine now! No need to patch the game, just tested! Also, if your messing around trying to fix the protection, back up your .sav file first!

Edit:

Even better, grab the official M3 Sakura here!

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ - M3Sakura_v1.35_3rdEd_EuroUSA.zip 18.24 MB

and

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

W@dsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm noticing the same problem as vincentx77.

When using my 8GB card it menu loops (unless I apply a cheat, which I have to do every time I run it since it doesn't seem to remember it)

When using my 2GB card it's fine.

Any ideas why it's different?????

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mikesch said:
For those interested, downloading the latest M3 Real 4.3 firmware upgrade, or iSakuReal 1.5, the Action Replay cheats in Narin's most recent cheat release work fine now! No need to patch the game, just tested! Also, if your messing around trying to fix the protection, back up your .sav file first!

Edit:

Even better, grab the official M3 Sakura here!

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ - M3Sakura_v1.35_3rdEd_EuroUSA.zip 18.24 MB

and

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

Wow! Thanks for this!

On a different note, does anyone know where I can get SAVE GAME FILES for this?

Not cracks, but actual savegames. I lost mine at the marriage and I don't have the time to get all the way back there.
frown.gif

Krakolio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's necessary through the whole game... I somehow get duplicates of characters and I keep needing to repeat quests. Keep it on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...