Dragon Quest 1-8 coming to smartphones

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glorious Smartphone Gaming Master Rac... nah, just joking. Smartphones are not master race, but they don't deserve the kind of hate they get.

Like it or not, smartphones and tablets WILL become the future of portable gaming. And saying mobile gaming doesn't make money? The recent Humble Bundle says otherwise. Believe it or not, some of the most innovative and experimental games have come out for mobile devices. This is simply what happens when you have free SDKs and a low barrier to developer-entry. There also a great platform for indie developers, second only to PC.

Smartphone are already able to produce graphics exceeding the PS Vita, and in terms of raw power, they're 27 times more powerful than the 3DS and 3 times more powerful than the PS Vita. Android now support OpenGL ES 3.0 and Apple has begin adopting 64-bit CPUs.

Do portable console expect to survive in 6 years, when smartphones and tablets exceed the power of HOME consoles?

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? If there was another style of gameplay more suited to such an input method I am not sure I know of it.

heh, I guess you missed the sarcasm (as well as the rest of the post).
I think games like these are prime candidates to be ported to smartphones and tablets. I have no problem with it whatsoever. More platforms for a game (as long as the game is suited for said platform) is never a bad thing in my book.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glorious Smartphone Gaming Master Rac... nah, just joking. Smartphones are not master race, but they don't deserve the kind of hate they get.

Like it or not, smartphones and tablets WILL become the future of portable gaming. And saying mobile gaming doesn't make money? The recent Humble Bundle says otherwise. Believe it or not, some of the most innovative and experimental games have come out for mobile devices. This is simply what happens when you have free SDKs and a low barrier to developer-entry. There also a great platform for indie developers, second only to PC.

Smartphone are already able to produce graphics exceeding the PS Vita, and in terms of raw power, they're 27 times more powerful than the 3DS and 3 times more powerful than the PS Vita. Android now support OpenGL ES 3.0 and Apple has begin adopting 64-bit CPUs.

Do portable console expect to survive in 6 years, when smartphones and tablets exceed the power of HOME consoles?

I'll see your 6 years and raise you another 20.

Portables won't be going anywhere, just like home consoles won't be going anywhere either, just like physical media won't be going anywhere.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
After watching the excellent Content Patch of TotalBiscuit on this topic, I can pretty much say the only DQ game I'd think about buying, is DQ VIII. All the others, aren't really worth it to me, and if I had the urge to play them, I'd go emulate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone