Dragon Ball FighterZ reveals two new DLC characters: Bardock and Broly

dragon-ball-z-2-1085635.jpeg

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-Scan_02-18-18.jpg Dragon-Ball-FighterZ_2018_02-20-18_006-600x336.jpg

Dragon Ball FighterZ has been a massive success for Bandai Namco, being the fastest-selling Dragon Ball video game in history, while also being one of the most well-received by critics and fans alike. Prior to launch, the company had teased that the game would be getting an additional 8 DLC characters to go with the rest of the existing 24 character roster, and now, they've revealed 2 of those new fighters. Bardock and Broly will be the first set of characters to be added as DLC, according to the latest issue of the Japanese magazine, V-Jump. Broly will be in his iconic Legendary Super Saiyan form, while Bardock will appear in his standard form, but will have a special attack which involves him going Super Saiyan. Bandai Namco has not announced a release date for these characters, nor an individual pricing scheme, but both are available to players that have purchased the $35 season pass.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is currently on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and you can check out GBAtemp's official review of the game by clicking the link below.

:arrow: GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Dragon Ball FighterZ Official Site

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone actually care?
Just wondering, seeming how DBZ games are...
Um...

everyone that cares about dragonball games actually cares for this one.

the only people that dont care are the people that didnt realize that this game is not the normal budokai/tenkaichi/xenoverse formula. (not mocking that formula, its just not appealing to me)

instead it is an actual fighter (similar to marvel vs capcom)

well, maybe its more similar to blazblue and guilty gear.

as a street fighter fan, ive been waiting for this game since the SNES days.

just wish it was on switch already!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as this DLC goes, this is pretty cool. Kinda the same way the Gundam Versus goes, they basically have infinite amounts of characters that they can use to milk money from consumers. Decent strat really, if a bit annoying. I always thought that Brolly was just straight over the top and completely necessary but cool to see him here again.

Shame this game seems to have trash matchmaking. I hear once you get into a match the netcode is fine, but getting there is not great.

Does anyone actually care?
Just wondering, seeming how DBZ games are...
Um...
You need to cool it with the trash posting. Either add something to the conversation or don't post. I am tired of seeing you muck up every single new thread on this site with your sideways comments.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, I can't wait until the full character roster is unlocked. This is one of my favorite fighting games ever thanks to tight, fluid controls and amazing visuals. Probably not gonna buy the season pass at $35 since they already got me for the launch price of the game, but it shouldn't be long before it's on sale.

Spectral Blizzard

GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as this DLC goes, this is pretty cool. Kinda the same way the Gundam Versus goes, they basically have infinite amounts of characters that they can use to milk money from consumers. Decent strat really, if a bit annoying. I always thought that Brolly was just straight over the top and completely necessary but cool to see him here again.

Shame this game seems to have trash matchmaking. I hear once you get into a match the netcode is fine, but getting there is not great.

You need to cool it with the trash posting. Either add something to the conversation or don't post. I am tired of seeing you muck up every single new thread on this site with your sideways comments.
Mmm...
Okay.
80.57% Guaranteed.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the implication that 3D fighters aren't "actually" fighters. I'll play 2D fighters, but I prefer 3D ones.

For this game, I may or may not get it. For now, I just appreciate the character choices.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I usually try to stay away from DLC and micro transactions most of the time, but I actually want to get the DLC for this game.

I like how Characters run at a lower frame rate it makes it feel like the Anime. 3D models and scrolling is done at 60 fps but punches, kicks and character animations run at different frame rates 7 fps, 12 fps, 14 fps. It makes motion seem anime like. This is a perfect example that running at lower frame rates can be used as a stylistic choice. And people seem to like it because it looks like the Anime.

I have said before that lower frame rates can be used as a style choice. But I heard comments not directed at me but on other sites talking about this same topic and people seem to get angry. They said you should never run lower frame rates and should always run the most you can, higher is always better, and anyone that uses the style choice argument are idiots. They said that Devs that uses the style cinematic argument are just trying to cover up weaker hardware. Well maybe but not all the time. And Dragon Ball Fighterz and Guilty Gear are perfect examples that lower frame rates can be used for artsyle.

At this point in life I'm just going to stop listening to people. The amount of times I have said something and it wasn't wrong.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KAKAROT! I'm just expecting Broly to yell that all the time. With this development, it makes me expect DLC based on the soon-to-end Tournament of Power arc. I'd buy up that, Caulifla, Kale, Kefla, Dyspo, Toppo (especially in his Hakaishin mode), Jiren, UI Goku, and Mastered UI Goku.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FighterZ is a great game and I have enjoyed playing it, but it can't be the best dragon ball game as long as LG2 and Buus Fury exist.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
This game looks absolutely amazing. It really blows me away just looking at the gameplay videos. I already bought some Brook PS2 to PS4 adapters to hook up my arcade stick in preparation for this great fighting game.

Good to hear there will be additional characters and lasting support from Namco.

Reactions: Xzi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Um yes, many people care as it is the best DB game ever.
I'd care more if it was on Switch though.
That's the thing I don't quite understand. Why are we getting the BlazBlue title but not FighterZ? Hell, we even got Xenoverse. If it ever comes to the Switch it'll just fall in line the meme of backports. Ugh.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro