Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot next-gen ports announced alongside second season of DLC

2020's Dragon Ball Z RPG Kakarot will be getting ported to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S next year, along with a second round of downloadable content being released. While we don't have a full picture of what will be included with the second season pass, the first release will be a "complete reproduction" of the TV special Bardock: Father of Goku.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is an action RPG that covers the four main storylines of Dragon Ball Z: The Saiyan Saga, the Namek Saga, the Android Saga, and the Buu Saga. The first round of DLC included recreations of the Battle of Gods and Rezurrection F storylines from Dragon Ball Super, plus an original scenario built off the History of Trunks TV special. If you'd like to know more about Kakarot, you can check out GBAtemp's review here.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while, but the first season of DLC didn't actually have recreations of BoG and RoF. It was a whole new alternate story of just Goku/Vegeta being on the planet and unlocking the new forms via the challenge missions.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is exactly what happened to me with FFVII Remake and Ghost of Tsushima, I take a break from the game for a while and the moment I think about going back they dangle this shiny next-gen version in front of me. It’s not a big deal waiting a bit longer if it means I can play with 60fps and (hopefully) shorter load times.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
It seems to me that "current gen" is really that last two console generations. Odd times, but there we go. Makes business sense with all the shortages :)

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting to hear Bardock's kickass theme.. it didn't happen.

DBZ Kakarot looks great, is faithful, and all, but the gameplay is too limited and repetitive.

Reactions: DarthMotzkus

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are we still calling it next-gen? PS5 and Xbox are out for 2 years now. They are current gen or are they failing (with games) hard that publishers need to call it that.
The "next-gen" consoles are still leeching off games from the so-called "outdated" consoles.

Reminds me of the Wii U which it was between two generations and people were confused about it. Well, a lot still don't know much about it. lol

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2022 and still no beat the amazing dbzbt3 !
Spike the developer has made several DBZ games and crossovers since then, but I guess they weren't as successful as Tenkaichi 2 and 3.

Raging Blast
Raging Blast 2
J-Stars Victory VS
Jump Force

Well, there's always Xenoverse 1.5, sorry, Xenoverse 2 with loads of DLC. 😆 This was developed by Dimps, the team behind the Budokai series and Burst Limit.

Also, "The Breakers" which looks like XV2 DLC will be sold as a standalone multiplayer game:

It doesn't look very good at all, imo.

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, DB: The Breakers is directly tied in with DBXV2 somehow. The newest content involving Oolong and Cell seem to be indicating this.

The Cell Raid going on right now also seems to indicate this since this is no ordinary Raid. It's not even in its usual spot in the air near the Quest Hub.

But that is another topic for another day!

I can't believe they remember this game still exists. I bought it for the PS4 about a few months after it came out, and I just never got around to playing it. I'll probably pick up this Bardock DLC when it goes on sale or something.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm interesting in that game, which has a lot of good sales (70-80% usually, the game falls around 25$), but I don't have time to play it so I didn't buy it yet.
I didn't expect new DLC for new story. that's nice to see actual REAL Additional content for old games, and not "dlc planed before launch" or a "new full game release at full price with same engine, year+1" (fifa ? just dance ? XD).
And a current gen version is another surprise too.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interesting in that game, which has a lot of good sales (70-80% usually, the game falls around 25$), but I don't have time to play it so I didn't buy it yet.
I didn't expect new DLC for new story. that's nice to see actual REAL Additional content for old games, and not "dlc planed before launch" or a "new full game release at full price with same engine, year+1" (fifa ? just dance ? XD).
And a current gen version is another surprise too.
There's a demo available.

I love that they used DBZ BGMs (synthesized) although they were just a few while most were brand new, so it was just a way to bait fans in. 🙁

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Flamingo is such a good song 🥰🥰