'Dragon Age: The Veilguard' extended gameplay trailer aired

dragon age veilguard.jpg

As scheduled, BioWare aired a trailer for the next installment in the Dragon Age franchise, Dragon Age: The Veilguard, today which you can view below:

In Dragon Age: The Veilguard, you’ll embark on a quest to face powerful Elven gods and stop the destruction they’re unleashing on the world. You are known as Rook, battling on the front lines alongside a compelling cast of companions with individual storylines and motivations. In true Dragon Age fashion, companions are central to the experience and as Rook, you must rise up, rally your crew and forge relationships to become the unexpected leader others believe in.

Key features of Dragon Age: The Veilguard include:
  • Fellowship: Dragon Age: The Veilguard’s brand new companions come alive with some of the most compelling individual storylines in Dragon Age history. Expansive and dynamic stories navigate love, loss and complex choices that will affect your relationships and the fate of each member of the Veilguard. New companions like the Veil Jumper Bellara, the necromancer Emmrich, and the private detective Neve, come from iconic factions in Dragon Age lore, possessing individual skill trees and specialized gear for advanced team progression. You’ll see familiar faces, too, such as the archer Lace Harding who returns to the series as a full time companion.
  • Choice and Consequences: Dragon Age: The Veilguard builds on the series’ deep role-playing roots, providing extraordinary storytelling and worldbuilding, deep personalities for each companion, meaningful choices and impactful cinematic moments. The bonds you create and the relationships you forge will be affected by your choices made throughout your journey.
  • A Crafted Experience: As a character-driven RPG, Dragon Age: The Veilguard delivers a crafted experience that pays homage to BioWare’s history of storytelling. The Lighthouse provides a central place where you can rest, learn more about the world through conversations, while the Crossroads allows you to traverse to separate explorable regions of the world with your companions. You’ll experience more of Thedas than ever before as your story unfolds across meticulously crafted biomes and beautiful regions including Rivain, Weisshaupt, Arlathan, Minrathous, the Deep Roads and more, each inviting you to delve deeper into the narrative and uncover the mysteries of the land.
  • Fluid, Customizable Combat: Immersive combat blends fluid moment-to-moment controls with tactical decision-making. Players can fully customize their experience to fit their playstyle with diverse skill trees among three different classes - Warrior, Mage and Rogue - each with unique abilities and specializations. Choose two companions to join you on your quests and unleash powerful team combos that can change the tide of any battle. Make strategic choices and direct your allies to fight, heal or stay out of the fray with the newly-added ability wheel.
  • Be the Leader You Want To Be: Dragon Age: The Veilguard features a robust character creation system that allows you to be the leader you want to be with a vast range of customization. BioWare has created the most comprehensive character creator in Dragon Age yet to make this story truly your own.
Dragon Age: The Veilguard is set to launch on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC in Fall 2024.

:arrow: SOURCE

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
One particular aspect I dislike is the spamming of basic attack. It makes up like 95% of the fighting and while it looks flashy, I would probably get bored of it very quickly. I would prefer less emphasis on basic attacks while having a variety of weaker unique skill attacks that can be used more often. To give an example, something like hogwarts legacy. Hogwarts has a basic wand attack but there is greater use of special attacks.

To be more specific, I'm looking for skills that can be used frequently to impart status effects and then set up "combos" by using other skills to do more damage to such targets with status effects. Adds a more strategic element to the fighting.

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
American cultural issues aside, this looks super whatever from the gameplay standpoint. Not much to get excited about.
And the Marvel-y vibe feels tired at this point.

That French turn-based RPG looked much more fresh imo.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it looks much better than the first trailer, but it really has nothing to do with dragon age, they could have given the game a new name. the game is extremely woke, you can tell right away. woke only works for me if it makes sense. if i take a medieval world and make all the characters there coloured, that just doesn't fit at all, it doesn't interest me at all and is implausible. but if you took a completely different approach, like for example that you travel the world as a european man look for companiens from all the world to save the world. and you end up in african inspired region with vodoo magic or asia with monks such and your recruit there your componions who are diverse and realistically fit together. if you then go to a europe-orientated place with one of these companions get attacked for his skin color and show how racism is bad, this is legit woke for me.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why every new game now seems like it's made by 1 same studio? They all seem to be using same engine and same interface. Game always shows you where the point of interest is to interact with, it's always warmed with a white square, triangle, diamond and menus also look always same, minimalistic, symmetrical shape's. Clones of cloned clones.
That's because all of these studios are hiring DEI companies to give them "advice." Which has ended up with all of them basically making the same games.

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i watched the Trailer and then read the Comments in this thread and then watched again. Still i cannot connect both things. Am i missing something?

Could someone explain to me what about that trailer is woke exactly?

Next is the "woe is me thats not like dragon age at all" ranting. I mean its not like Origins, but its damn near to DA2 and DA:I gameplay wise. There were Tactical screens yeah, but nobody i know used them because they were clunky and all in all not enjoyable. The Characters as far as i could see were written like always in about every Bioware game and overall it does look like it was to be expected.

Then the "it looks awful" guys. I dont get what you mean. Looks fine to me. Bioware never was a frontrunner in Graphics but it looks pretty good in my books.

And Finally a Point where i see some sense "The combat looks boring". Yeah it does. I hope its because in the beginning you have no skills or spells and so on but it looks very clunky and "Button Smashy" to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw