'Dragon Age: The Veilguard' is the new title for the next Dragon Age game and is set for a gameplay reveal next week

Dragon Age - The Veilguard.jpg

In a blog post today, Gary McKay, Dragon Age Executive Producer and General Manager at BioWare, announced that Dragon Age: Dreadwolf is getting a new name: Dragon Age: The Veilguard. McKay provided the reasoning behind the title change in the blog post:

At BioWare, we create worlds of adventure, conflict and companionship, where you’re at the center of it all. As fans of our franchise know, every Dragon Age game has delivered a new standalone story. Set in the world of Thedas, these tales explore epic locales and threats, always thrusting you into a new conflict. Each game also introduces a new lead hero – The Warden, Hawke, The Inquisitor – that you can call your own. You can expect all that, and more, with the new game. And of course, much like your unique hero, it wouldn’t be a Dragon Age game without an amazing cast of companions – right?

Each of the seven unique characters that make up your companions will have deep and compelling storylines where the decisions you make will impact your relationships with them – as well as their lives. You’ll unite this team of unforgettable heroes as you take on a terrifying new threat unleashed on the world. Naturally, the Dread Wolf still has an important part in this tale, but you and your companions – not your enemies – are the heart of this new experience.

So, to capture what this game is all about, we changed the name as the original title didn’t show just how strongly we feel about our new heroes, their stories and how you’ll need to bring them together to save all of Thedas.

We proudly introduce to you Dragon Age: The Veilguard.

Additionally, the blog post announced that the team at BioWare has set the date for the official reveal of Dragon Age: The Veilguard's gameplay. It will air on June 11 at 8:00 am PT on the official Dragon Age YouTube channel. This will involve a 15-minutes gameplay showcase from the opening moments of the game.

:arrow: SOURCE

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really hope they didn’t get some DEI group involved. We need characters who don’t look like they are in constant pain and unhealthy. We also just need good everything else.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This game REEKS of DEI lmao, my god the wording that message uses regarding the "characters and their compelling storylines and the relationships"... I bet the men will be weak and women ugly.

Reactions: _47iscool

Subject117m

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really hope they didn’t get some DEI group involved. We need characters who don’t look like they are in constant pain and unhealthy. We also just need good everything else.

This game REEKS of DEI lmao, my god the wording that message uses regarding the "characters and their compelling storylines and the relationships"... I bet the men will be weak and women ugly.

Attachments

• 1717695837812976.png
    1717695837812976.png
    846.7 KB · Views: 4

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Of course, so this game is going to be completely shit filled with the personal biases of overly expensive DEI groups. Welp, this is going to be another series dying due to this shit

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like more of a distraction than anything else. For us to not have been presented gameplay visuals after all this time tells me there's trouble in paradise, as in another Mass Effect Andromeda/Anthem levels kerfuffle.
It's worse than I thought... DEI Detected, smh, lmao. You can't make this ish up. And down goes BioWare's redemption arc 🙄🤷🏽‍♂😅😆😂

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...