BioWare shares new 'Dragon Age: Dreadwolf' teaser and announces full reveal for Summer 2024

dragon age dreadwolf.jpg

To celebrate Dragon Age Day, BioWare has shared a new teaser trailer that provides a glimpse at the in-game locations:

Enter Thedas, a vibrant land of rugged wilderness, treacherous labyrinths, and glittering cities – steeped in savage combat and secret magics. Now, its fate teeters on a knife's edge.

The trailer also announced a full reveal for Dragon Age: Dreadwolf in Summer 2024.

:arrow: SOURCE

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
A Dragon Age game would be nice, seeing as I'll be unable to play Elder Scrolls 6 when it releases in future exclusive to x-bot :- (
and pc too but I don't game on pc

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly have no hopes for this being good. The first one was great, the second one was mediocre and the third was straight bad. I very much doubt they're going to make this one good. At best, they might be able to pull it back to mediore, but the formula is so screwed at this point that there's not much more they can do without a total overhaul.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling Inquisition not just bad, but inferior to that DA2 disaster is a take of the hottest nature
the game is "generic open world with infinite padding: the game." You walk around a big empty field with one of, like, 3 biomes and then mash the attack button to win combat. Do you like having fifty million random tasks scattered around at random that awards absolutely shit all? Do you like quests that boil down to "go here, kill bear... no that's it, that's the whole quest, no dialogue or anything." Don't you love quests like "my husband got kidnapped and killed, can you bring his ring back to me" to which you go get the ring, bring it back and your reward is the generic voice line "thank you" and you get 50 xp which is equivalent of killing like two enemies? Do you like castle management that boils down to "click button in menu, wait literally a half hour... get rewarded with random crap or maybe not"?
It's a big oversized boring game filled with filled with menial collectibles, a million shitty fetch quests and random combat arenas, and a one note story with a twist you can see coming in act one. At least da2 was reasonably focused, had interesting stuff to do and didn't waste anywhere near as much time with random bullshit. The world you did it in was one note and boring as hell but at least it wasn't "use the constellation finder puzzle thing for the 30th time for meager amounts of xp and then walk for ten minutes to attack the random monster base"

Last edited by samcambolt270,

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At least da2 was reasonably focused, had interesting stuff to do and didn't waste anywhere near as much time with random bullshit. The world you did it in was one note and boring as hell but at least it wasn't "use the constellation finder puzzle thing for the 30th time for meager amounts of xp and then walk for ten minutes to attack the random monster base"
2 biomes, the same area all over again, for fetch quests.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 biomes, the same area all over again, for fetch quests.
yeah, you missed the part where I said "reasonably focused and had interesting stuff to do." There absolutely WERE fetch quests. I literally said the game was bad XD Even the worst of fetch quests started and ended in dialogue from the person giving it to you with some small amount of reason for why you're doing it, and typically rewards you at minimum some items you probably wont use. The point is that it isn't shitty randomly generated fetch quests AND "walk around a giant empty boring open world doing nothing and you occasionally kill a monster." I'd take gladly a small world with characters to talk to instead of giant grasslands, rocks and stupid assassins creed-esque garbage collectibles.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, please keep lording your edges
thinking a game is boring = being an edgelord lol "I don't like boring empty open worlds, randomly generated objectives and meaningless sidequests" god what an edgelord XD I never knew "you're opinion is different than mine" is "edgy" now.

Last edited by samcambolt270,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c