1. 2,799

Front-page
    playstation indies.PNG

During a surprise announcement yesterday, Shuhei Yoshida, Head of PlayStation Indies, announced the PlayStation Indies. Through this initiative, Yoshida says that PlayStation will "spotlight and support the best of the best indie games being published on PlayStation and the entire indie community as a whole". He also confirmed that a new indie title will join the PlayStation Now service every month, starting with Hello Neighbor in July.

The first edition of PlayStation Indies was held yesterday after Yoshida's announcement and revealed 9 games coming to PS4 and/or PS5. You can find a roundup below, with more details about each game via the link in each title.

Worms Rumble

Haven

Carto

Recompile

Where the Heart Is

Maquette

F.I.S.T

Heavenly Bodies

Creaks

:arrow: SOURCE

Mr. Looigi, hippy dave and Xzi like this.
  2. Discussion (14 replies)

3. Prans

OP Prans Geek, gamer, human
    Senior Editor

a totally original initiative from Sony of course.

CallmeBerto and Xzi like this.
  4. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    So basically copied the Xbox announcement a long time ago that is exactly the same, that being [email protected]

5. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Don't know why you'd want to release your Indie game on a Sony device. Sounds like a great way to get censored.

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    what a bunch of trash nothing worth my time. just like every other lame indy. looks like sony is trying to steal the switches thunder and become the next place for shovelware :P

Neo Draven likes this.
  7. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    None of these appear to be exclusive, they just gave Sony the opportunity to debut some of the trailers. A few really intriguing games here.

8. Teletron1

Teletron1 Space Tech Engineer

United States
    Really, F.I.S.T looks sweet , I love 2.5 games when they are done really well and the CG is fabulous unfortunately if there is a Switch version it might loose some of the special effects ☹️

9. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    And there's Bladexdsl, with his usual post being against indies for no logical reason I can understand.

Until next post!

kumikochan and Xzi like this.
  10. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh, that's good then. I guess it's more of a problem for Japanese developers since they don't have many other options.

Xzi likes this.
  11. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    as if it werent already??

Sorry sony but Nintendo (and valve) currently dominates the indie scene. youre better off making AAA titles

Last edited by 64bitmodels, Jul 2, 2020
  12. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    You're forgetting about Microsoft tho. They had indie games on the 360 under the arcade name and a lot on the switch and steam are funded Indies by Microsoft under the department they launched a while back called [email protected] The development tools are entirely free and provided by Microsoft and don't have to pay extra costs to sell on the live store to support indie developers so that they can earn extra cash as a starting developer and are free to sell the game on other store fronts. Nintendo doesn't have a program like that so it's kinda weird to give kudos to Nintendo but not Microsoft. Funded games by Microsoft during the Xbox one era that are also on different stores ---- >
    https://www.trueachievements.com/id-at-xbox/games

Last edited by kumikochan, Jul 2, 2020
    64bitmodels and Teletron1 like this.
  13. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Regular

Guatemala
    Always copying nintendo ah classic hahaha.

14. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    No one talking about how weird that new Worms game is? I'll try it but that looks so different from the formula we grew up on. Seems like they are trying to cash in on the Battle Royale or massive arena battle craze.

The other games look.. decent at least. Will check them out when they are released. (if they also come to PC)

Edit: looked into Maquette more, it looks pretty awesome puzzle game. And coming to PC yay!

Last edited by TheCasualties, Jul 3, 2020
  15. Neo Draven

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

United States
    Indie games are what absolutely destroyed all of the value of a PS+ subscription.

I never had a bias against indie games before Sony decided to replace AAA titles with indie garbage that would have found a comfortable home on the Wii.

16. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    People commenting about the unoriginality of these programs should shut up because it doesn't matter who does help indies. What matters is that they do and hoe they do. Shuei is maybe the best person that could be there.

I love seeing good indie games pushed!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announcement, PlayStation, initiative