The Game Awards 2018 - Coverage Roundup - Crash Team Racing remaster announced

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    looks like everyone's crash prayers have been answered

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    He will pretty much never be nominated again because of "pc culture"

CallmeBerto likes this.
  3. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    David Cage's game still got nominated despite his controversies, though. But yeah, I don't see that guy ever getting positive media attention because it's too much of a hot button topic.

4. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Even though I don't support the aggressive response to your statement, I feel like your statement about Rockstar not caring about winning it is a bit disrespectful to whoever creates the music, and maybe you could have phrased it differently. I am sure there are hardworking honest people working for triple A studios as well, so there's no need to always attack them, especially if what you're disagreeing with are the actions and decisions of their publishers.

On a different note, maybe they should add some more awards (and cut down on those eSport ones) to avoid having one game claim 90% of them?Also, I haven't played RDR2 so I can't say I agree or disagree with the awards it got.

hybrid -x1 likes this.
  5. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Of course. Every contenders music was fantastic, there's no doubt on that. I'm certain every single composer did their absolute best to make songs for their respective soundtracks. But when it comes down to it, what good does a sweep do? Everyone knows about RDR2. Everyone who cares about RDR2 will go out and get the game, or already owns it. If they're trying to celebrate the works of every developer and composer, it'd be a lot better to show a wide variety of things. At the end of the day, this is all a marketing thing, to help boost sales. I think an award for an independent game would matter a lot more than it ever would for RDR2.

geodeath and Hells Malice like this.
  6. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Welcome to the "Let's give RDR2 all the awards" show...

brickmii82 likes this.
  7. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    United States
    Rockstar and RDR2 deserved every award they have gotten. Triple AAA studio or not they all grind hard. On another note a fan remake of KOTOR that I've been following for some years now was shut down a few months back and I had no clue. I am bummed DD;

8. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    MK 11 HYPE!!!

xfxmrl and kikongokiller like this.
  9. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Ooh, The Outer Worlds looks good too. Obsidian likes to beat Bethesda at their own style.

kikongokiller and Chary like this.
  10. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    C'mon, Nintendo, the show is all yours to steal here!

11. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    So far no good

12. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    JOKER IS IN SMASH!!! JOKER FROM PERSONA 5 IS IN SMASH! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

13. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New England
    WHAAAAAAAT

I wanted a Jack Frost Spirit.

This is so much better.

Chary likes this.
  14. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    Red should won.

15. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
  16. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    NANI!? No Metroid Prime 4!?...

Nintendo better have a lot lined up for 2019, because at this rate, Metroid Prime 4 is going to become the BOTW or Death Stranding of the Switch!

kikongokiller and gameboy like this.
  17. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    boring AF, nothing from nintendo

18. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    As usual, the awards side of things were boring trash based solely on marketing.

But some good announcements. Which i'm sure is the only reason most were watching. Joker in Smash is crazy. I never would've expected that crossover.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  19. tigersaman

tigersaman Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Iran
    Poor Spiderman.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So Happy for GOW. Best Director / action adventure game / GOTY
    It really deserved all that and much more.

kikongokiller and geodeath like this.
  20. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, that's how it came off to me, personally. They spend so much time on games that, to be frank, I don't care for or even have time for, and on live musicals of songs that I've already heard (Devil Trigger, like really? And what's up with Microsoft doing a lot of the promoting of the game? Isn't Devil May Cry more of a Sony game, with Ninja Gaiden, at least until that stupid zombie game, being the Microsoft one?).

That's not to say I won't ever play Spider-Man or God of War IV, or Red Dead Redemption II, but the thing is, I haven't even played through the first game on 360/PS3. I don't know if the games are connected, or if it's kind of like the Far Cry games with each game being standalone and you not really having to play anything pre-Far Cry 3.

Either way, with a computer that's not working, not having a job, being busy with college finals, and now a car who's tire got ripped to shreds earlier tonight after hitting something on the side of the roads because I was already mentally exhausted enough as is, I'm just frustrated and kind of in the emotional doldrums tonight, feeling hopeless for being able to play any new games anytime soon. Doesn't help that I won't be getting Smash until the 11th.

On the bright side of things, I'll be back to work soon so I can hopefully pay everything off, and am planning to do part-time work while attending a full college semester. Being financially dependent SUCKS!