The Game Awards 2018 - Coverage Roundup - Crash Team Racing remaster announced

game-1062253.jpg

Amidst heavy hyping from video game developers and rampant rumors, this year's Video Game Awards is almost here. Major announcements are planned, with over 10 brand new game reveals slated for the show, and many industry professionals are in attendance, prepared to show off what's coming in 2019, while celebrating the best of 2018. Already, certain details have been leaked, such as a new Far Cry game, and that Devil May Cry V will have a console exclusive demo available later tonight. Obsidian will also be announcing their latest project, their first new game since being bought out by Microsoft. Are you ready to board the hype train? The show starts soon, so stay tuned to this thread, as we'll be summarizing the entire event and all the reveals.

Live Coverage

First world premier is a Nintendo Switch game. Pop album video game, with a very trippy musical neon effect. Appears to be called Sayonara World Hearts.

New game developed by Typhoon, published by 505 Games. Journey to a Savage Planet. Adventure game where you have to discover a mystery on an unknown planet. Gameplay will be shown next year.

Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe comes to consoles. New content included. PC version will get it as well.

Among Trees comes to Steam early access next year.

Reggie, Phil Spencer, and Shawn Layden are all on stage together. They congratulated all the nominees.

Hans Zimmer is performing on stage to showcase the theme song of TGA.

Marvel game for the Nintendo Switch. Stars all of the cast from Marvel movies. Seems to be an action game. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

New Rocket League DLC. Mclaren 570S car will be added tonight.

Far Cry: New Dawn announced. It's Far Cry, but post apocalyptic.

Developers of Bastion and Transistor announce a new game. You fight gods to get more power. Titled Hades. Available now on Epic Games' store. Early access.

New game called Ancestors, where you play as generations of apes that evolve and grow more powerful.

Dead By Daylight is getting dedicated servers.

Crash Team Racing is back. Console exclusive.

Obsidian announces The Outer Worlds. First persion scifi RPG.

Hello Games is working on a new project. Puzzle game called The Last Campfire.

Wildcard Studios will be creating Atlas, a new MMO.

Dread Wolf Rises teased by Bioware.

Netflix's Stranger Things is getting a 16 bit styled game.

Mortal Kombat 11 teased. Coming to PS4/XB1/NS

Double Fine shows off a cinematic trailer for Psychonauts 2. 2019.

New DMC V trailer.

The Block is getting added to Fortnite. User created content will be put there.

Rage 2 trailer.

Awards

• Best RPG: Monster Hunter: World
  • Best Action Game: Dead Cells
  • Best eSports Team: Cloud9
  • Best eSports Game: Overwatch
  • Best eSports Host: Shokz
  • Best eSports Coach: Repeared
  • Best Narrative: Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Best Performance: Roger Clark for RDR2
  • Best Music: Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Best Audio Mixing: Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Best Art: Return of the Obra Dinn
  • Best Mobile Game: Florence
  • Best VR Game: Astro Bot
  • Best content creator: Ninja
  • Best eSports Player: SonicFox
  • Best Debut Indie: The Messenger
  • Best Fighter: Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • Best Family Game: Overcooked 2
  • Best Strategy Game: Into the Breach
  • Games for Impact: Celeste
  • Best Sports Game: Forza Horizon 4
  • Best Action Adventure: God of War
  • Best Direction: God of War
  • Best Ongoing Game: Fornite
  • GOTY: God of War

Summary

• Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe announced. Gets a release on consoles and PC, will have new endings and new content.
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 hits next year as a Switch exclusive.
  • Supergiantgames announces Hades. Isometric action game much like Bastion and Transistor.
  • The post apocalyptic Far Cry: New Dawn has been revealed.
  • Crash Team Racing gets a remake. Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. Will have online support. Switch, Xbox One, PS4.
  • Fallout creators Obsidian Entertainment has announced a first person sci-fi RPG game. Will have sides and factions.
  • Dread Wolf Rises is likely a new working Dragon Age game done by Bioware.
  • Mortal Kombat 11 launches April 23
  • Persona 5's Joker is the next Smash DLC character.

tigersaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Yeah, that's how it came off to me, personally. They spend so much time on games that, to be frank, I don't care for or even have time for, and on live musicals of songs that I've already heard (Devil Trigger, like really? And what's up with Microsoft doing a lot of the promoting of the game? Isn't Devil May Cry more of a Sony game, with Ninja Gaiden, at least until that stupid zombie game, being the Microsoft one?).

That's not to say I won't ever play Spider-Man or God of War IV, or Red Dead Redemption II, but the thing is, I haven't even played through the first game on 360/PS3. I don't know if the games are connected, or if it's kind of like the Far Cry games with each game being standalone and you not really having to play anything pre-Far Cry 3.

Either way, with a computer that's not working, not having a job, being busy with college finals, and now a car who's tire got ripped to shreds earlier tonight after hitting something on the side of the roads because I was already mentally exhausted enough as is, I'm just frustrated and kind of in the emotional doldrums tonight, feeling hopeless for being able to play any new games anytime soon. Doesn't help that I won't be getting Smash until the 11th.

On the bright side of things, I'll be back to work soon so I can hopefully pay everything off, and am planning to do part-time work while attending a full college semester. Being financially dependent SUCKS!

That is the flow of life. just hold on and good will come to you. take it from a guy in a country that is pledged by economy inflammation of 500% this year. all will be fine. don't lose hope and keep going.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Gamer4Lyfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Watching the trailer for the Stanley Parable, there were a lot of references for the last of us. Then at the end, it was mentioned the last of us is coming in 2019. Could this be for real?

D

Deleted User

I saw Animal Crossing and got my hopes way too high haha, it ended up just being a Smash thing.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are misinterpreting the announcement of ultimate alliance 3. It says ‘Only on the Switch, exclusivly For 2019’. Meaning a year of exclusively. People are taking it as ‘Only on Switch, exclusively in 2019’. Plus there are far too many reports of the title being worked on for the Xbox one originally!

SE did a poor job of explaining this. With all the ps4 and xb1 players bitching about how the title is coming to (in thier words) ‘the kiddie system’, I’m sure this will be explained properly later within a week or two

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty underwhelming show overall.
Nice to see some stuff we already knew about (Obsidian's new game), some stuff we knew would be coming but hadn't been announced (MK11), and something we had no idea about (Marvel UA3 - even if it is relegated to the weakest system)... everything else (remasters, rereleases and dlc)... meh.

The awards themselves were predicatable at best, and corporate pandering at worst (best sports game awarded to Forza Horizon 4 honestly feels like a pity award to make Microsoft still feel vaguely relevant).
The eSports awards are kind of bullshit, although I think SonicFox is a deserved solo winner (which kind of highlights how bullshit the other eSports awards are... all of these should have gone to FGC streams/streamers).
And having an award for a content creator is just crazy, as there are literally thousands of truly worthy winners being overlooked in favor of the worst (yet most polpular) creators.

absolutely nothing of interest announced. will 2019 be a worse year for gaming than 2018? so far it's looking like but only time will tell
What??? 2018 was an amazing year for games, and 2019 is already shaping up to be just as good if not better... unless you're completely ignoring Sony and only talking about Microsoft and Nintendo (although Nintendo has a lot of great stuff on the way too).

Watching the trailer for the Stanley Parable, there were a lot of references for the last of us. Then at the end, it was mentioned the last of us is coming in 2019. Could this be for real?
The Last of Us Part 2 is only a few months away, not new news... unless for some reason you think it's going multi-plat, which will never happen.

Last edited by duwen,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

CTR is probably a timed-exclusive. While I don't really game these days, I'd love to try out CTR HD.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why? the previous 5 were better. Because they didnt do the microtransactions?
I simply liked what I seen, even if it plays differently.
The Last of Us Part 2 is only a few months away, not new news... unless for some reason you think it's going multi-plat, which will never happen.
Well, I can see it being ported to the PS5.
CTR is probably a timed-exclusive. While I don't really game these days, I'd love to try out CTR HD.
I'm pretty certain that it is already coming to all consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended