The Game Awards 2018 - Coverage Roundup - Crash Team Racing remaster announced

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Dec 6, 2018.

1. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Glad GOW got GOTY too. Last time we got a crazy character (Cloud), the games came later on. Hopefully the same for Persona.

2. DarkCoffe64

DarkCoffe64 Bo

Mar 30, 2011
    Italy
    Arcadia
    Say the only good new outta this shitshow is Crash Team Racing
    everything else is trash

3. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Apparently Mortal Kombat is coming to every platform, including the Switch.

4. tigersaman

tigersaman Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Iran
    That is the flow of life. just hold on and good will come to you. take it from a guy in a country that is pledged by economy inflammation of 500% this year. all will be fine. don't lose hope and keep going.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  5. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Damn, I think this is the first brand new MK game to come to a Nintendo console ever since Mortal Kombat Midwageddon on the Wii!

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    absolutely nothing of interest announced. will 2019 be a worse year for gaming than 2018? so far it's looking like but only time will tell

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Dec 7, 2018
  7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    love marvel ultimate alliance, no idea why its exclusive to the switch but i will take it xD.

8. Gamer4Lyfe

Gamer4Lyfe Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Watching the trailer for the Stanley Parable, there were a lot of references for the last of us. Then at the end, it was mentioned the last of us is coming in 2019. Could this be for real?

9. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    why? the previous 5 were better. Because they didnt do the microtransactions?

10. kikongokiller

kikongokiller GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    I saw Animal Crossing and got my hopes way too high haha, it ended up just being a Smash thing.

11. chartube12

chartube12 CPT Chazz 713

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I think people are misinterpreting the announcement of ultimate alliance 3. It says ‘Only on the Switch, exclusivly For 2019’. Meaning a year of exclusively. People are taking it as ‘Only on Switch, exclusively in 2019’. Plus there are far too many reports of the title being worked on for the Xbox one originally!

SE did a poor job of explaining this. With all the ps4 and xb1 players bitching about how the title is coming to (in thier words) ‘the kiddie system’, I’m sure this will be explained properly later within a week or two

12. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Pretty underwhelming show overall.
    Nice to see some stuff we already knew about (Obsidian's new game), some stuff we knew would be coming but hadn't been announced (MK11), and something we had no idea about (Marvel UA3 - even if it is relegated to the weakest system)... everything else (remasters, rereleases and dlc)... meh.

The awards themselves were predicatable at best, and corporate pandering at worst (best sports game awarded to Forza Horizon 4 honestly feels like a pity award to make Microsoft still feel vaguely relevant).
    The eSports awards are kind of bullshit, although I think SonicFox is a deserved solo winner (which kind of highlights how bullshit the other eSports awards are... all of these should have gone to FGC streams/streamers).
    And having an award for a content creator is just crazy, as there are literally thousands of truly worthy winners being overlooked in favor of the worst (yet most polpular) creators.

What??? 2018 was an amazing year for games, and 2019 is already shaping up to be just as good if not better... unless you're completely ignoring Sony and only talking about Microsoft and Nintendo (although Nintendo has a lot of great stuff on the way too).

The Last of Us Part 2 is only a few months away, not new news... unless for some reason you think it's going multi-plat, which will never happen.

Last edited by duwen, Dec 7, 2018
  13. YuseiFD

YuseiFD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2016
    i love how they had to make up some retarded award name for fortnite just because.

14. chartube12

chartube12 CPT Chazz 713

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Never mind! Marvel website shows it is being published by Nintendo

15. waveathon

waveathon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2014
    damn! I wanted Valkyria Chronicles 4 to be the winner of the best strategy game..

16. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    CTR is probably a timed-exclusive. While I don't really game these days, I'd love to try out CTR HD.

17. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

GBAtemp Patron
    MarkDarkness is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Cloud9 best team hahahahahahahahahahaha

18. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    Fornite lmao

19. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    I simply liked what I seen, even if it plays differently.
    Well, I can see it being ported to the PS5.
    I'm pretty certain that it is already coming to all consoles.