IGN announces schedule for their "Summer of Gaming" E3 replacement event, kicks off next month

2GOkOHT.png

As the month of June draws near, we would normally see teasers and schedule announcements for this year's E3. However, with the cancellation of the show due to COVID-19, IGN will be taking over, with their new Summer of Gaming event. IGN has confirmed that their show will kick off on June 4th, and will last all the way up until June 24th, featuring multiple premiers, shows, interviews, and more. A full schedule was posted, breaking down what viewers can expect from each day throughout the month of June.

On June 5th, IGN will reveal three new games, one from Funcom/The Outsiders, another from Merge Games, and a last one, which has no developer or publisher listed. That same day will be the worldwide premiere of gameplay footage for the upcoming Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time.

June 6th will feature the PC Gaming Show, which normally takes place during E3 week. The Guerrilla Collective Showcase will also take place that day and the next. After that, June 8th will see two more unannounced titles, one from Fabraz and another from Merge Games. Wasteland 3, Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Chivalry 2 will get brand new trailers as well. David Hayter, the voice of Solid Snake, will also do an interview about his experience with the Metal Gear franchise.

A wide variety of trailers will drop on June 9th, including one for Atlus's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, in addition to the Humble Indies Showcase, gameplay reveals for Skater XL, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Amazon's new title New World, Everspace 2, and more. IGN will be covering CD Projekt RED's livestream along with EA Play Live on the 11th. There are also charity events, surprise game announcements, developer interviews, speedruns, and additional game trailers planned throughout the rest of the weeks.

June 4
Summer of Gaming Kick-Off
June 5
Pre-Show Charity Stream
  • Resident Evil 3 Speedrunner Countdown Challenge - by Hazeblade
IGN Expo Debut:
  • Exclusive Reveals, Trailers, Gameplay Demos, and Developer Interviews
Reveals:
  • Unannounced Game (Funcom / The Outsiders) - Exclusive Unannounced Gameplay Reveal with The Outsiders' David Goldfarb
  • Unannounced Game (Merge Games) - Exclusive Game Reveal
  • Unannounced Game Reveal - Exclusive Reveal Trailer
Trailers:
  • Werewolf: The Apocalypse (Nacon) – Earthblood Exclusive Cinematic Trailer
Gameplay:
  • Blankos Block Party (Mythical Games) - Exclusive Trailer Debut, Exclusive Gameplay
  • Mortal Shell (Cold Symmetry) - Exclusive Gameplay World Premiere
  • Observer: System Redux (Bloober Team) - Exclusive Next-Gen Deep Dive
  • Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (Soleil Games) - Exclusive Gameplay First Look
  • Spellbreak (Proletariat, Inc) - Exclusive Announcement, Gameplay Interview, and Trailer
June 6
Pre-Show Charity Stream
  • Fallout Series Speedrunner Countdown Challenge - by TomatoAngus
Partner and Publisher Showcases:
  • PC Gaming Show
  • The Guerrilla Collective Showcase Day 1
June 7
Publisher Showcase
  • The Guerrilla Collective Showcase Day 2
June 8
Pre-Show Charity Stream
  • Doom Eternal Speedrunner Countdown Challenge - by Xamide
Partner and Publisher Showcases
  • Upload VR Showcase
  • The Guerrilla Collective Showcase Day 3
IGN Expo #2:
  • Exclusive Reveals, Trailers, Gameplay Demos, Developer Interviews, and Hands-On Previews
Reveals:
  • Unannounced Classic Revival (Merge Games) - Exclusive Game Reveal
  • Unannounced Game (Fabraz) – Exclusive Game Reveal
Trailers:
  • Chivalry 2 (Torn Banner Studios) – Exclusive Announcement and Trailer Reveal
  • Dual Universe (Novaquark) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker (Deep Silver) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal
  • Wasteland 3 (Deep Silver) - World Exclusive Trailer
  • XIII (Microids) - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer Reveal
Previews:
  • Borderlands 3 (Gearbox) - Exclusive “Bounty of Blood” DLC Preview w/ Gearbox Creative Director Matt Cox
  • The Waylanders (Gato Studio) - Exclusive Trailer and Launch Date Announcement, and Hands-On Impressions
Gameplay:
  • Second Extinction (Systemic Reaction) - Exclusive Gameplay World Premiere
  • Forgotten City (Modern Storyteller) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal, Gameplay, and Interview
  • Remnant: From the Ashes (Gunfire Games) - Gameplay and Interview with Gunfire Games
Special Icons Interview:
  • David Hayter, the original voice of Solid Snake, discusses Metal Gear.
June 9
Pre-Show Charity Stream
  • Bloodborne - Speedrunner Countdown Challenge - by heyZeusHeresToast
IGN Expo #3:
  • Exclusive Trailers, Gameplay Demos, Developer Interviews, and Hands-On Previews
Trailers:
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (SEGA / ATLUS) - Exclusive Reveal
  • Everspace 2 (ROCKFISH Games) - Exclusive Alpha Gameplay Reveal Trailer
  • Guilty Gear Strive (Arc Systems Works) - Exclusive Character Reveal Trailer
  • Humble Bundle Indies Showcase
  • Stronghold: Warlords (Firefly Studios) - Exclusive Multiplayer Trailer and Launch Date Announcement
Gameplay:
  • Everspace 2 (ROCKFISH Games) - Exclusive Alpha Gameplay and Interview with ROCKFISH Games CEO & Co-Founder Michael Schade
  • Iron Oath (Humble Bundle) - Exclusive Reveal Trailer and First Gameplay Reveal and Interview
  • New World (Amazon Game Studios) - Exclusive War PvP Gameplay, Developer Interview
  • Skater XL (Easy Day Studios) - Exclusive Switch Footage Reveal and Demo
  • Solasta Crown of the Magister (Tactical Adventures) - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer and Gameplay Interview
  • Total War: Troy (Creative Assembly) - Exclusive Gameplay Interview
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (SEGA) - Exclusive Gameplay and Interview
Previews:
  • Blue Fire (Graffiti Games/Robi Studios) - Exclusive Preview
  • Humankind (SEGA) - Exclusive Hands-on Impressions
Special Icons Interview:
  • Brian Fargo discusses the founding of Blizzard, and why RPG fans should be looking forward to Wasteland 3.
June 11
Pre-Show Charity Stream
  • Titanfall 2 - Speedrunner Countdown Challenge - by Bryonato
Publisher Showcases
  • CD Projekt RED Livestream (with IGN pre- and post-shows)
  • EA Play LIVE (with IGN pre- and post-shows)
IGN Exclusives, Gameplay Demos, and Developer Interviews:
Gameplay:
  • Humankind (Amplitude Studios) - Exclusive Gameplay Interview
  • More TBA
June 12
Charity Stream: Animal Crossing: Celebrity Island Tours
With special segments of the viral hit talk show Animal Talking with host and creator Gary Whitta and guests Candice Patton, Simu Liu, Felicia Day, Shannon Woodward, Cliff Bleszinski, Matthew Mercer, Austin Creed, Michelle Zauner of Japanese Breakfast, Jessica Chobot, Lauren Lapkus, Naomi Kyle, the Merrell Twins, Andrea Rene, Alanah Pearce, Arin Hanson of Game Grumps
June 15
Pre-Show Charity Stream
  • Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Speedrunner Countdown Challenge - by Rubbertoe64
IGN Exclusives, Reveals, Trailers, Gameplay Demos, and Developer Interviews:
Reveals:
Trailers:
  • Castlestorm 2 (Zen Studios) - Launch Announcement Trailer
  • Ninjala (GungHo Entertainment) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal
Gameplay:
  • Corepunk (Artificial Core) - Exclusive Gameplay and Interview
  • Destroy All Humans! (THQ Nordic) - Gameplay and Interview
  • Mafia: Definitive Edition (Hangar 13) - Worldwide Gameplay Debut w/ Hangar 13 President and CCO Haden Blackman
  • Scarlet Nexus (Bandai Namco) - Exclusive Trailer and Gameplay Interview with Game Director Kenji Anabuki
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (THQ Nordic) - Rehydrated Exclusive Early Access Livestream
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (THQ Nordic) - Rehydrated Exclusive Gameplay Interview
  • Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus (Kasedo Games) - Exclusive Gameplay and Commentary
June 18
Pre-Show Charity Stream:
  • Super Mario 64 Speedrunner Countdown Challenge - by Biinny
IGN Exclusives, Gameplay Demos, and Developer Interviews
Gameplay:
  • Torchlight III (Perfect World Entertainment) - Gameplay and Interview with Series Creator Max Schaefer
  • Unannounced Developer Interview and Exclusive Gameplay Deep-Dive
Special Icons Interviews:
  • Chris Avellone, writer of Fallout New Vegas and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, discusses the magic ingredients in a great RPG.
  • John Romero, creator of Doom, and game designer Brenda Romero, discuss RPGs and shooters in 2020.
June 24
IGN Exclusives, Reveals, Gameplay Demos, and Developer Interviews
Reveals:
Trailers:
  • Dreamscaper (Afterburner Studios) - Exclusive Gameplay Feature Deep Dive
  • Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One (Frogwares) - Exclusive Behind the Scenes Look

:arrow: Source

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If David Hayter announced a new Metal Gear I would sh*t myself.

But I doubt it. Also it wouldn't have Kojima so meh.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We announce, the greatest game ever
*Crowd goes crazy*

Brought to you by IGN
*Crowd leaves*

But there's no crowds right now, so.....virtual crowds.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Let's see...looking forward to Mortal Shell, the Samurai Jack game, Everspace 2, Wasteland 3, and Torchlight 3. Hopefully there are some good reveals for both VR and pancake gaming too.

Doubt I'll watch it live though, that seems kinda pointless. :P

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think all these companies that are starting new events realize that they are flooding the market. I don't care about the same 15 announcements from 5 devs at 20 different events.... It is also a waste of money, but it won't hurt them to lose a couple 100k

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So they having speedruns in this event? :blink:
Probably GDQ type regulations and mods... Let the shitshow get worse lul

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Considering anyone who wants to can release a video in a bunch of portals, post messages in a myriad of social networks, why even bothering with this?

Unless companies get payed for for this and IGN gets the first byte of the news or something, I fail to see the point in these virtual conferences.

But alas, I'm a general failure as a human being, so my shortsightedness can be forgiven?

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Titanfall 2 - Speedrunner Countdown Challenge - by Bryonato
Good to see Titanfall 2 hasn't been forgotten completely; pretty damn decent game, that got assassinated by its release window (between Battlefield and CoD, from memory), and how it's a numbered "sequel" when the first game never released on PS4.

I genuinely do feel a bit sorry for Titanfall; sent out to die, it was.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"David Hayter, the original voice of Solid Snake, discusses Metal Gear."

Man, I'm glad he is being provided an additional income (I'm sure he must receive a lot of offers regular from various sources), but this is hitting home not that we won't likely get a Metal gear Solid game again.

Despite the fact a lot of it's themes and content were taken / inspired by other media, there is no denying the quality of the series. I looked forward to this every generation, as sad as it may seem.

Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, (Hitman even), GTA is still there, not quite the same, but still awesome, nostalgia appears to be clouding my perspective. (There are many games I've missed).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I always suspected Kojima viewed himself as a "movie director", an constantly attempted to make inroads into this genre.

Constantly trying to replace Hayter with celebrities, Russell Crowe being one, as the inspiration for Metal gear was taken a movie he starred in, Escape from New York. In fact Kojima / Konami only escaped a lawsuit as Carpenter requested they not:

"but I told them not to do that. I know the director of those games, and he’s a nice guy, or at least he’s nice to me."

Not an attack on Kojima, really, but he was always preoccupied with his own interests, I suppose this is what shaped MGS in a lot of respects.

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's possible that the right team could pull off a remake of Metal Gear 1 without Kojima. But I don't think Konami has any chance of doing so.

For the rest of the news, I'm excited about 13 Sentinels finally getting more information

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why are people supporting riots? Violent crime that negatively affects a lot of innocent people?
If it was just a protest - peaceful, non-violent, non-harassing - then it'd be fine, but supporting the scumbags that burn down buildings (taking away peoples' jobs and/or homes in the process), physically harm innocent people, and abuse and harass people for the "crime" of being "white"...that's just sickening.

I was shocked to find a completely blank Extra Credits video in my Subscriptions list this morning - a video that conveniently had the comments disabled, thereby preventing the exercise of free speech and expression.
NO-ONE should support the violent, racist mob of terrorists known as "Black Lives Matter". I do think race shouldn't matter for one's success and life expectancy, yes, but taking it to BLM's horrific extremes...hell no.

Fuck IGN, fuck Extra Credits, and - supposedly - fuck Sony.

Also last I heard white people are also becoming a minority in America so that means white people should also get their own representation and "oh I'm a minority give me some brownie points" and protection from becoming an 'acceptable target' and stuff. Furthermore what many of their ancestors did is abysmal, yes, but that's the acts of their ancestors, not any of them alive today - if punishing a person for their father's sins is nonsensical and immoral, punishing people for their great-great-great-whatever-grandfather's sins is utterly ludicrous and illogical. Not to mention how not every single one of those ancestors participated in slavery or nation invasion or whatever, anyway.

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over