The new Dragon Age game is titled Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

DreadWolfFixed.jpeg

BioWare made a surprise reveal on their blog today, announcing the title of the long-awaited next entry in the Dragon Age series, which we now know will be called Dragon Age: Dreadwolf. "Dreadwolf" refers to Solas the Dread Wolf, a character who debuted in the previous entry, 2014's Dragon Age: Inquisition, but whose actions have had an impact on the entire series. BioWare's blog describes him as "a player of dark and dangerous games" and says that "his motives are inscrutable and his methods sometimes questionable, earning him a reputation as something of a trickster deity." BioWare previously hinted as Solas' return when the game was announced back in 2018, Tweeting out the trailer from that year's Game Awards with the hashtag "TheDreadWolfRises."

There weren't many solid details on Dreadwolf, but BioWare did confirm that it won't be launching this year. Aside from that, we know from a previous blog from EA that it will be "single-player focused," following in step with previous entries and calming fans who were concerned that it may follow the Games as a Service trend that BioWare's previous title, Anthem, did.

While it looks like Dreadwolf is on the right track to meet fan expectations, it's reportedly had a hard time getting there. According to unnamed insider sources speaking to Bloomberg's Jason Schreier last year, development started in 2015, but was scrapped in 2017. Development restarted in 2018 with EA soon putting pressure on to use a GaaS model. After the failure of Anthem and the success of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, however, EA relented and allowed BioWare to make it as a single-player game.

:arrow: Source

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Development restarted in 2018 with EA soon putting pressure on to use a GaaS model. After the failure of Anthem and the success of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, however, EA relented and allowed BioWare to make it as a single-player game.
This is so refreshing to see. Video games might be the only place left in the entire software industry where consumers still have some bargaining power.

Also, fuck yeah, new Dragon Age. I need to dig up my old Origin credentials to try and replay the previous game now. Hopefully it will work under Wine.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remember when Biowares games were good?
Yeah me either.

The only good game I thought they made was Neverwinter Nights 2 but that was Obsidian taking Biowares failed idea and making it good...

DragonAge specifically is one of the worst western rpgs out there. Dull uninteresting characters, mediocre choose your own sarcastic dialogue, and whatever the hell they tried to pass as a combat system. Though it at least got a tiny bit better when they swapped to true action combat.

No idea why EA hasn't just sold them or shut them down especially after they fumbled Anthem for 7 years and still couldn't make it good.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@Hells Malice what are your favorite western RPGs? I left Dragon Age: Origins somewhat midway, because the combat was always the same dullness and I prefer more kineticism like in The Witcher 3. I haven't tried the following Dragon Age games, but I'm eager to watch more of Dreadwolf.

mar789

Master Italian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remember when Biowares games were good?
Yeah me either.

The only good game I thought they made was Neverwinter Nights 2 but that was Obsidian taking Biowares failed idea and making it good...

DragonAge specifically is one of the worst western rpgs out there. Dull uninteresting characters, mediocre choose your own sarcastic dialogue, and whatever the hell they tried to pass as a combat system. Though it at least got a tiny bit better when they swapped to true action combat.

No idea why EA hasn't just sold them or shut them down especially after they fumbled Anthem for 7 years and still couldn't make it good.
Sounds like someone who's never actually played a single BioWare game or too young to know good western RPGs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.