ROM Hack DQMJ2P partial translation

SOuimet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just checking if there's any interest on this game.

I know that "maybe" this game will be translated to english (and probably other languages).

However, for now, it won't be for a full year until it's released in english, if it is.

Since I wasn't ready to wait in order to play, I already started translation on my own.

For now, monsters names are translated (well, some names will probably be off) (effect seems to be everywhere, in battle, in the menus or library).
I will try to tackle the skills next (if I can have a reliable source of info).

(Also, it's still in beta, I thought I had more space for the monsters names, so I entered them fully, but monsters after the library are not shown in battle and "strong/strongest" monsters have weird names because of that).

Sample screenshot:
sampled.png

Sample video (library, including bug at the end):
[youtube]S6O2_7IspGk[/youtube]

SOuimet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found where the text is located, found most of the huge alphabet used, but google translation has it's limits.
I haven't found the menu locations yet so I cannot say if I will be able to translate it.

I'm a programmer / game hacker, but I don't know asm that much (even less about DS asm).
I cannot add more space if none is available.
However, I can try a few tricks (and it worked for monsters names).

For the monsters names, I had a bit of space available for expansion.
I thought I had more, but I will have to reduce the size of some names as I used too much and some names are missing in battle (those that aren't in the library).
Also, I had a good source of english names by picture already sorted which I could use to speed up the matching.

At best, I hope I could provide someone with a dump of the text or in excel (in unicode format), partially translated or not at all, and retrieve it translated so that I can put it back in.
That's why I check if there's enough interest for this game.
I know I won't be able to complete everything alone.

I know I'll probably need beta testers, even if it's only for a monsters names patch.

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wow...this looks amazing !!

* just beat the first boss *

the monster names are cool...but attack names & descriptions are a must
happy.gif
"

* please save the story for last *

1. attack names

2. attack descriptions

3. item names

4. item description

5. monster names

6. key story dialog

* in that order if possible...attack names are a must *

SOuimet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made a wiki, at http://dqmj2p.wikkii.com/wiki/Main_Page.

Up to now, I added the monsters list, and alphabet, as well as I started to put the framework for future content together.

I don't know yet how it will turn out, but I guess it can be a good start.

Anyway, if I ever hear that the game will come out in english at whatever date, I will probably change my plans accordingly.

bitchass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet, but can u concentrate on the traits that are passed on with each fusion generation. those are imo most important.

SOuimet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I managed to get some skills and traits also.
[youtube]XRTRCDAxzms[/youtube]

Traits are shown at the bottom screen, skills on the top screen and monsters names on both

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice man, keep up the great work! There are a few good wiki sites that have detailed skill info from previous games that I'm sure could be viable.

.allbliss.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First of all, you just saved my life. Just when I thought people won't care about translating this game (since the release date was kind of in blur as of the moment), and then you turn up, and splash rainbow back to my dull world!!! Yay!

Just to let you know, I fully support this project, enthusiastically indeed that I resented myself not being of any help. -_-

Anyways, one question though, to everyone who can read Japanese or understood the game already: I'm playing the Japanese version right now, and from the wiki entry of this game, it features new monsters. Can you tell me where can I find the Monster Encyclopedia?

NVM. Found it.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd be happy about a translation too, though the moment google is mentioned anywhere near these kind of things, some part inside me dies .,.

SOuimet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's the latest progress: (including monsters, skills, traits, menu, items).
I started to name stuff by number, to help translating what's missing.

[youtube]q_sVCDSW8cw[/youtube]

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking great so far keep up the good work
smile.gif
. Going to be nice being able to play this without all the trial and error.

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice job, keep up the good work, Ive lost hope of a localization ever since the previous version, I loved the first monster joker, I wish I could help but I aint that good when it comes to japanese language
frown.gif
, I hope more people would support this project

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw you've posted your work in woodus site dragon's den, Im pretty sure your going to get enough support on your project Goodluck
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30