Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there be someone finding a workin exploit in 10.4/10.5? or is there a procedure to find a way for Exploit. IDK how exploit works.

Aside from the hardware modification solution we are working on in this thread, I would not expect to see another arm11 kernel exploit (what would be needed to downgrade using software only) for a good while.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, I was pretty active on the PSP scene when it was still a current console and that was never a method of downgrading. Downgrading very much required a set of tools to enter service mode (something different from recovery mode, btw) and then flash a whole new firmware to the chip. It wasn't like installing lower versions update at all and it was only possible because the PSP did not use the security measures the 3DS uses like a console unique key that encrypts the nand chip partitions.

Yeah may be, Playstation's Security seems low i think. cause PS3 also allow the same procedure. Hope some one find an Exploit in Near Future.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah may be, Playstation's Security seems low i think. cause PS3 also allow the same procedure. Hope some one find an Exploit in Near Future.

The ps3 does not allow the same procedure. Downgrading the PS3 effectively requires the exact same thing we are doing here. A hardware modification to dump the NAND (or NOR depending on the model) chip, then you use a program/tools to patch it with the lower revision files, then you flash the contents back to the chip using the hardware modification. Though the lack of a console unique encryption key scrambling the contents of the chip is again the only reason we could do it.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the hardware modification solution we are working on in this thread, I would not expect to see another arm11 kernel exploit (what would be needed to downgrade using software only) for a good while.

Oh Damn, i don't want to Modify my N3DS console's Hardware. I better stay in this Version and Buy a Sky3DS+ to play games. Currently am in 10.4U and am not Expert with Hardwaring and hardwireing skills. and usually most of the peoples won't risk modifying the hardware of their 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The ps3 does not allow the same procedure. Downgrading the PS3 effectively requires the exact same thing we are doing here. A hardware modification to dump the NAND (or NOR depending on the model) chip, then you use a program/tools to patch it with the lower revision files, then you flash the contents back to the chip using the hardware modification. Though the lack of a console unique encryption key scrambling the contents of the chip is again the only reason we could do it.

No Bro, For PS3 software mod is enough and i've done it with 5 of my friend's console.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Damn, i don't want to Modify my N3DS console's Hardware. I better stay in this Version and Buy a Sky3DS+ to play games. Currently am in 10.4U and am not Expert with Hardwaring and hardwireing skills. and usually most of the peoples won't risk modifying the hardware of their 3DS.

Most people should not try.

I sure as hell won't. You need a LOT of soldering experience, a VERY steady hand and a decent (probably variable temp) soldering iron with a fairly small tip (likely smaller than any $30 kit from radio shack would ever have). The points you need to solder to are tiny, and the pads they use are flimsy at best and several people have reported lifting them right off the board.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The mch2 exploit requires replacing the contents of a memory check header pointer after the pointer has been referenced (its a little more complicated but that is the gist). Each revision of FIRM slightly alters the way the memory is mapped and the current implementation of mch2 was written on and tested with 10.3 systems so it is using those offsets and mapping. Combine that with the fact that mch2 is basically a race attack to replace the contents the header points to before the contents are actually read and executed, and it just fails on firms with slightly different mappings. Each successive iteration of FIRM from 9.3 up to 10.2 would probably need a unique implementation of mch2 for it to work properly on that version of the firm.

Thats what I initally thought, thanks for the kind explanation :yay3ds:

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No Bro, For PS3 software mod is enough and i've done it with 5 of my friend's console.

Dude it is not possible to install CFW on a 3.6+ OFW PS3 without downgrading to 3.55 and downgrading to 3.55 REQUIRES a hardware mod. It does not require a permanent modification or even soldering, which is why it is often referred to as a "soft mod", but it most definitely requires hardware to dump and flash the NAND chip.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude it is not possible to install CFW on a 3.6+ OFW PS3 without downgrading to 3.55 and downgrading to 3.55 REQUIRES a hardware mod. It does not require a permanent modification or even soldering, which is why it is often referred to as a "soft mod", but it most definitely requires hardware to dump and flash the NAND chip.

You got the point. It seems to be then usual CFW instillation i think cause we guys never gone apart from 3.4 OFW .

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For software only solution they would have to be on 3.55 or lower at the time. 3.56 requires hardware, why because the 2000+ consoles ive downgraded says so.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I thing I've found a small glitch in my downgrade process...
No matter what I try to run it won't do... I've tried rxTools, reiNAND mod (to run on O3DS) and even Gateway. Everytime I try to load a CFW or GW it first restarts the console and the second attempt it freezes, then I have to shut downs forcibly.

I ran downgrade checker 2.0 and it accused I had 3 extra titles:
0x0004013000004002 (Old3DS nfc system module)
0x0004003000009e02 (amiibo Settings)
0x0004001b00019002 (Fangate updater)

I deleted them using FBI and Homebrew Launcher but still it does not work (double checked again after deleting wand they're gone).

Any advises?

EDIT: Nevermind... it was MenuHax horsing around with me...
I had it set up to always boot and since both my emuNAND and sysNAND are linked... yeah, you got it right... MenuHax triggered every boot.
Fixing it now!

Last edited by mvmiranda,

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thing I've found a small glitch in my downgrade process...
No matter what I try to run it won't do... I've tried rxTools, reiNAND mod (to run on O3DS) and even Gateway. Everytime I try to load a CFW or GW it first restarts the console and the second attempt it freezes, then I have to shut downs forcibly.

I ran downgrade checker 2.0 and it accused I had 3 extra titles:
0x0004013000004002 (Old3DS nfc system module)
0x0004003000009e02 (amiibo Settings)
0x0004001b00019002 (Fangate updater)

I deleted them using FBI and Homebrew Launcher but still it does not work (double checked again after deleting wand they're gone).

Any advises?

Upgrade to 10.3 and Do a Fresh Downgrade to 9.2, May Work.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Anyone tried to unbrick yet? I am desperate to try it myself but my hand is so unstable I once tried super gluing a piece of wood and it spilt hence I solder mine. And I don't think so there is someone to hard mod in Pakistan or to receive from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Das racist