Double Fine Productions is interested in bidding on THQ or perhaps THQ's IPs.

Janthran

Solarian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original OP was corrupting posts so Janthran is now the OP.
Troubled developer/publisher THQ was recently compelled to hear offers for individual pieces of IP (previously they had considered selling to Clearlake Capital Group). Another group then noted that DoubleFine (developers of Psychonauts and Brutal Legend and noted for being helmed by industry legend Tim Schafer) have been seen to be poking around although what their specific interest is in is unknown and quite hard to guess.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/double-fine-interested-in-thq-assets-6402301
----
Well everyone seems to have loved Psychonauts so they will probably love whatever happens to THQ if DF takes over.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's a shame that its come to this for THQ since over the years they have given us many memorable titles like Red Faction.

I'm curious to see what will happen

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I was told I should type my opinion on the matter but it is a waste of time since no one cares what I think and vice versa.
I know you don't care what I think, but what about what I don't think? Because I don't think you need to mention that every time you post some news.

I honestly can't think of what IP Double Fine could want of THQ's. Darksiders is a frachise I would like to play, and my kids like the uDraw stuff, but other than that I can't really see a lot of interesting stuff in their portfolio. Most of the games they published are third-party licensed properties of companies like Disney, Dreamworks, Hasbro and WWE. Stuff like that isn't theirs to sell, though.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the games they published are third-party licensed properties of companies like Disney, Dreamworks, Hasbro and WWE. Stuff like that isn't theirs to sell, though.

Depends on how the Licensed Properties contracts were wrote actually. They may or may not have the right to sell the contracts to another publisher. With approval of said companies of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc