Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE Kickstarter

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Veho, May 30, 2013.

1. Veho
    OP

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    [​IMG]

A creative team within Double Fine (not the team that is currently working on Broken Age, so no Tim Schafer or that other guy or those other guys and girls), but a different team within Double fine, lead by Brad Muir, if that means anything to you, wants to work on a new title, called "MASSIVE CHALICE" (yes, apparently it's in all caps), a turn-based strategy/tactics game in the vein of Fire Emblem and the like. And they've started a Kickstarter campaign to fund it. Their goal is $750,000.

$20 will get you the game, so go over there and start throwing money at them. [/p]

[​IMG] Source

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no font color so if this is too dark to read tell me.

2. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Can't they just finish the last game they did a Kickstarter for? They're coming off as greedy now.

chavosaur, Jax, Hero-Link and 3 others like this.
  3. Lanlan

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    Double Fine seems to think they're a lot cooler than they really are. Never played Psychonauts so I can't comment there, but no game of theirs that I've played has been all that good. Sure Brutal Legend had Jack Black and a good soundtrack, but the gameplay was pretty weaksauce.

4. Veho
    OP

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Like I said, the last game is being worked on by another team. And throwing more people at a project can only get you so far, so you have a bunch of people who are not working on Broken Age sitting around twiddling their thumbs, and an interesting idea for a game, so why not put them to use?

Gahars likes this.
  5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    lol@Watermark, 1:06.

Jokestealer Pro Trial Version, huh? Someone's been watching "Arrested Development" lately.

6. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    Sounds very interesting, but man, Broken Age isn't even out yet. Seems kinda sudden, to do another Kickstarter that quickly. Even it it's a separate team.

7. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    I love Double Fine but even the prodigal son of crowdfunding can't just prance around asking for a crap-ton of cash after already having one of the most successful Kickstarters of all time. :teach:

8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I wonder if fans will punish the developers - could we see Double Fine receive a trouble fine?

9. Veho
    OP

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Little update, the campaign has reached its funding goal. The game is on.