1. Veho

OP Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia
    [​IMG]

A creative team within Double Fine (not the team that is currently working on Broken Age, so no Tim Schafer or that other guy or those other guys and girls), but a different team within Double fine, lead by Brad Muir, if that means anything to you, wants to work on a new title, called "MASSIVE CHALICE" (yes, apparently it's in all caps), a turn-based strategy/tactics game in the vein of Fire Emblem and the like. And they've started a Kickstarter campaign to fund it. Their goal is $750,000.

$20 will get you the game, so go over there and start throwing money at them. [/p]

[​IMG] Source

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no font color so if this is too dark to read tell me.

2. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Can't they just finish the last game they did a Kickstarter for? They're coming off as greedy now.

chavosaur, Jax, Hero-Link and 3 others like this.
  3. Lanlan

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Double Fine seems to think they're a lot cooler than they really are. Never played Psychonauts so I can't comment there, but no game of theirs that I've played has been all that good. Sure Brutal Legend had Jack Black and a good soundtrack, but the gameplay was pretty weaksauce.

4. Veho

Former Staff

Croatia
    Like I said, the last game is being worked on by another team. And throwing more people at a project can only get you so far, so you have a bunch of people who are not working on Broken Age sitting around twiddling their thumbs, and an interesting idea for a game, so why not put them to use?

Gahars likes this.
  5. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
  6. chyyran

chyyran somehow a weeb now.
    Developer

Canada
    Sounds very interesting, but man, Broken Age isn't even out yet. Seems kinda sudden, to do another Kickstarter that quickly. Even it it's a separate team.

7. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

United States
    I love Double Fine but even the prodigal son of crowdfunding can't just prance around asking for a crap-ton of cash after already having one of the most successful Kickstarters of all time. :teach:

8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I wonder if fans will punish the developers - could we see Double Fine receive a trouble fine?

9. Veho

Former Staff

Croatia
    Little update, the campaign has reached its funding goal. The game is on.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Kickstarter, MASSIVE, CHALICE