• Views 69,749
  • Replies 208

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its me that added the game into the wiki and its not in green its in yellow read the information use frameskip 2

Posts merged

my internet is fucking up thats why it double post

Posts merged

oops i forgot the star for censoring

FPSDars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm trying to get Fallout to run. I got the exe to launch, but I just get a black screen afterwards. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Thx, gonna try this one out this evening
smile.gif

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Might it be possible to just let you browse trough files with your wiimote instead of typing with a USB keyboard? Like most of the mediaplayers? (But then running a DOSgame of course)

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
mowfax said:
No sorry. There is no menu to browse.
You have to type commands to browse all the files and folders.
Well, if someone could get Quickmenu 3 to run on DosBOX that would be an option.
It's just a graphical frontend to DOS, like windows, but much lighter in resource requirements than Win 3.11, yet much more powerful.
I haven't had time to look into it myself, but I could find the floppies and code, if anyone would like to give it a go?

You'd still need a keyboard to install games, though.. And many games also requires a keyboard to play.
The mouse wasn't considered important in games back in the golden days og technology..

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
penetr8or said:
mowfax said:
No sorry. There is no menu to browse.
You have to type commands to browse all the files and folders.
Well, if someone could get Quickmenu 3 to run on DosBOX that would be an option.
It's just a graphical frontend to DOS, like windows, but much lighter in resource requirements than Win 3.11, yet much more powerful.
I haven't had time to look into it myself, but I could find the floppies and code, if anyone would like to give it a go?

You'd still need a keyboard to install games, though.. And many games also requires a keyboard to play.
The mouse wasn't considered important in games back in the golden days og technology..

I forgot it, that you stil need it.
I'll just buy (Or mod an old one) my own usb keyboard.

Another problem:
I've got Jazz Jackrabbit CD edition, and it works.
But with CPU at 100% and frame at 10, it still doesn't run smoothly. I even have the game set on his lowest quality. I heard of some people who had jazz jackrabbit working perfect, can they tell me what I should do to get ik perfectly working?
(PS, how can I change the controls of the classic controller in Jazz?)

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im working on scorched earth 1.5 now. tried using mapper.txt for wiimote buttons, no luck
smile.gif
currently no USB Keyboard.

i'll let ya know if i get it working without keyboard. any advice would be awesome. im currently running it from the autoexec section of the CONF.

Mist3rJ3r3my

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FPSDars said:
Hey, I'm trying to get Fallout to run. I got the exe to launch, but I just get a black screen afterwards. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
That would be the sickest thing in the world if fallout works. Ima gonna try it later. other ppl should try to get it to work too!

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no luck on either scorched earth OR the clone "mortar".

tried chaning resolution and constricting memory. tried manually setting cycles.tried disabling sound.

im having to run it all with autoexec portion of conf file, no usb keyboard. any suggestions?

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
palasx said:
no luck on either scorched earth OR the clone "mortar".

tried chaning resolution and constricting memory. tried manually setting cycles.tried disabling sound.

im having to run it all with autoexec portion of conf file, no usb keyboard. any suggestions?

As always thanks for the latest compile.

From reading the svn for r48 it says " //#include "driver.h"/* use M.A.M.E. */" ...I wonder if mame dos is possible on this now??
smile.gif

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Anyone get Win95 working yet? I've gotten two different outcomes in my tests.

1. If I use the PSP prebuilt img and load the Win95 EGA drivers (which get around the lock up at the boot screen) on my PC first, I get all the way to an mprexe.exe error once Windows 95 loads and No dice on Explorer. The old trick of deleting the *.pwl files out of the Windows directory for that error gets me slightly further as it allows me to enter in a new name and password, but then throws a mprexe.exe error.

2. If I build everything from scratch (loading Win3.11 first, so I can use the EGA drives to fully install 95, and then Win95) I get into Windows and then I get a corrupt registry error, please restore and reboot. Which never actually fixes anything, deleting all my install devices from device manager doesn't remove this error ether.

Kind of sucks as I can't go into safe mode, as it loads in a VGA mode. Of course I only started using dosbox the other week, so it's probably my crappy knowledge of the program that’s preventing me from getting it to work. Although in both scenarios both builds work perfect in Dosbox on my PC.
So anyone elses input into the subject would be much appreciated.

On another note my keyboard acts crazy with your r48 build, Mowfax.

-FTen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1