Hacking dop ios mod questions

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok a few questions about dop ios mod.. i have the very latest version with system check fix

1 can i just install the latest shop channel if i wish? withought installing system menu 4.2? same for other channels
2 IF i want to go back to a previous system menu.. say 3.2 from 4.2 can i do it throug dop ios mod?
3 can i just update the ioses i need to play the latest games? withought changing system menus
4 say i backed up my nand when on 3.2 and i wanted to reinstall it but now im on 4.2 what would i need to do? downgrade to 3.2 again then reinstal the nand?
5 if i upgrade to the latest ios and want/need to go back to my previous one how do i do this? in dop ios it only lets you install the latest or the oldest but what about the one i was previously on? which might be somewhere inbetween
6 if i manually change the ioses what will happen if i install a new rev or go back to a older one? or say for instance when waninko does rev 18
7 what would the experts consider to update to be as up to date a can be?
8 will usb loader gx/wad manager/homebrew ch etc work after updating to 4.2 with dop ios?

sorry to ask so outlandish question but i need to know this sort of stuff before i experiment with dop ios
if anyone else would like to ask our experts anything on the subject please feel free to do so here
i will have manny more questions th more i dig

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
ok a few questions about dop ios mod.. i have the very latest version with system check fix

1 can i just install the latest shop channel if i wish? withought installing system menu 4.2? same for other channels
Yes but only free ones, I think. eg. internet, photo, mii...
2 IF i want to go back to a previous system menu.. say 3.2 from 4.2 can i do it throug dop ios mod?
Yes. So long as you have the correct SM IOS installed first
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Some newer Wii's will brick if a 3.X SM is installed
3 can i just update the ioses i need to play the latest games? withought changing system menus
Yes.
4 say i backed up my nand when on 3.2 and i wanted to reinstall it but now im on 4.2 what would i need to do? downgrade to 3.2 again then reinstal the nand?
Just reinstall the NAND backup.
5 if i upgrade to the latest ios and want/need to go back to my previous one how do i do this? in dop ios it only lets you install the latest or the oldest but what about the one i was previously on? which might be somewhere inbetween
Not sure why you'd want earlier versions, but anyway... You'll need NUS Downloader and install that wad using WAD Manager.
6 if i manually change the ioses what will happen if i install a new rev or go back to a older one? or say for instance when waninko does rev 18
cIOS and IOS are different. Anyway (18 is out?? okay...) which ever you install it will overwrite. May need to delete the IOS before if you run into problems
Safe updater or an official update.
8 will usb loader gx/wad manager/homebrew ch etc work after updating to 4.2 with dop ios?
Yes. Except HBC

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1: yes
2: not sure, I heard that some wiis cant be downgraded, might only be korean wiis, but someone else can answer that
3: yes, but you might as well go ahead and update since its about the same effort and everything wiill be fine
4: your nand backup will take you to the exact same config when u backed up, so if youre on 3.2 when u nand backup, restoring the nand will take it right back to where u were
5: not sure why you would need to do this, and im not sure anyways. best to have the latest for compatibility
6:wanins custom ios is only installed as ios249 so that is the only one ever affected by new cios revisions, a stock wii has no ios249.
7: 4.2 with latest shop and game ioses
8: you may have to reinstall HBC

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. yes
2 u can install system menus and system menu ios so i guess u could
3 yes
4 nah just redo the nand and it will take u back to what ever the nand back up was, u dont need to downgrade to use it
5. theres a reason why it has new or old i wouldnt worry about it, u could allways use nusd and pack the ios u want into wad and install it yourself
6 nothing that would depend on the cios and if it breaks stuff
7. just go to 4.2, install priiloader, bootmii etc as every version of the system is hackable no matter what version
8 yes everything will work fine, u may have to resoft md but everything will work

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes
Not totally sure i know on newer wiis if you downgrade them they will brick.
Yes
4 say i backed up my nand when on 3.2 and i wanted to reinstall it but now im on 4.2 what would i need to do? downgrade to 3.2 again then reinstal the nand?Just restore the nand dump and you will be back on 3.2 there is no need to downgrade before nand restore.
Use NUSD and get whatever version you want then install it with wad manager.
When you uppgrade or downgrade the current one is overwritten with the new/old one.
7 what would the experts consider to update to be as up to date a can be?4.1 or 4.2
8 will usb loader gx/wad manager/homebrew ch etc work after updating to 4.2 with dop ios?Yes

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey thanks guys some good awnsers there

just to clarify it... i may have to reinstall homebrew if i update to 4.2?
iv never had to reinstal the HB channel before whats the current way to install it
i did it ages ago now with twilight hack

so my usb games all work on 3.2e no probs iv only ever used waninkos revs
for updating etc
even super mario bros works fine, will i have to get newer versions of the games when i upgrade the ioses?
as i think some of the games were "fixed versions" to work

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stickybit said:
hey thanks guys some good awnsers there

just to clarify it... i may have to reinstall homebrew if i update to 4.2?
iv never had to reinstal the HB channel before whats the current way to install it
i did it ages ago now with twilight hack
well since you did it with the twilight hack,yes you would have to do it from scratch,follow the sticky guide in this section/forum

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i got banner bomb and that says i can install homebrew ch dvdx and bootmi
so if i need to can i just do it from bannerbomb? or does it now work with 4.2?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Not if you have wireless.

Take the SD card out and launch the HBC and wait for the network to initialise. It'll the prompt you if you want to update. It'll now install 1.0.6 and it won't get deleted because of the JODI title ID.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stickybit said:
i got banner bomb and that says i can install homebrew ch dvdx and bootmi
so if i need to can i just do it from bannerbomb? or does it now work with 4.2?
you can take two roads,install Boomii dvdx and HBC via the old bannerbomb now then update to 4.2(please install Bootmii first,and make a backup,just do it)or go 4.2 then bannerbomb(4.2 one) with the 4.2 update

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
REMEMBER!!! Bootmii will be uninstalled of its installed as boot2 because Wii update 4.2 will update your Boot2 version. but it just to reinstall bootmii afterwards. =)

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mexuswch said:
So what is the advantage of using Dop-IOS mod instead of Wad Manager when installing required IOS/cIOS ?
DOP IOS downloads the IOS files(no cIOS) and installs them directly,not only that it has a handful of features(like deleting stubs,trucha bug etc) while on the other hand you would have to use NUSD and install them via WADManager
QUOTE(linuxares @ Feb 4 2010, 08:56 PM) REMEMBER!!! Bootmii will be uninstalled of its installed as boot2 because Wii update 4.2 will update your Boot2 version. but it just to reinstall bootmii afterwards. =)
not if you installed with the Hackmii installer 0.6 your not

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
lolzed said:

Oh cool, that I didn't know. thanks
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lolzed said:
linuxares said:
REMEMBER!!! Bootmii will be uninstalled of its installed as boot2 because Wii update 4.2 will update your Boot2 version. but it just to reinstall bootmii afterwards. =)
So wait, you're basically saying here that the hackmii installer updates your Boot2 to v4?
huh.gif

There is no other way for the 4.2 update not to overwrite Boot2 (if you had an older one)

Lunatik.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI. There are alternative ways of getting System Menu 4.2 while leaving Boot2 in tact.

* Use DOP and install IOS70 first then System Menu 4.2
* Use Wad Manager and install IOS70 first then System Menu 4.2

This is all you need to get ONLY the latest System Menu. However if you upgrade any of the channels they may require upgrading the IOSes that use them.

And on a final note. There is nothing in BootV4 blocking any of the IOSes. Dop-IOS v12 is going to use a title database that I have built myself and I have tested EVERY revision of EVERY title. And everything has worked for me so far.

The only thing that Boot2V4 does that I have seen so far is just wipe out BootMii.. No Biggy just reinstall.

Lunatik.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stickybit said:

YES
Support for Any System Menu will be in v12. Upgrades and Downgrades
YES
When v12 comes out you won't need to. V12 will support upgrading/downgrading of any title.
Coming in v12 you will be able to select any version
Depends on what you are doing.
Depends on what you want to do.
System Menu 4.2 has nothing to really do with the other apps. System Menu is just an application that runs on various IOSes. The Various IOSes are what controls the actual applications. Now what does matter is how you access it. Do you access it via BootMii->HBC, PriiLoader, or SysMenu->HBC

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant seem to put wiiware games on my wii anymore
when i try to load one up from the system menu it just resets
it used to work a few month ago??
any ideas do i need to upgrade a certain ios?

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
to lunatic
i access homenrew ch from system menu... im not to sure about using preloader as it says
its highly recommended not to install on a wii with modded ioses
i got bootmi but i access that from homebrew ch menu

also iv been told i may need to re-install homebrew channel if i update to 4.2 is ther any truth in that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol